Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."
I'm really enjoying the dialog between them. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Headless Horseman. Herald of the Apocalypse.

Man this show is moving at a breakneck pace.

futurememory
Oct 22, 2011

"You're a bad man! You're a VERY bad man!"
I'm actually liking this show much more than I thought I would. The banter between these two is pretty amusing.

Also, apparently the American Revolution staved off the apocalypse. MURICA.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
This is fuckin' magical.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
"You've been emancipated"
"Excuse me?"

I knew they were going to go there and I'm so happy they did in the way they did. Burst out laughing!

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Welp, series DVR'd. This is awesome.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

This show is COMPLETELY RIDICULOUS!

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

They're showing off that eye pyramid a lot. The Illuminati would be the only thing to make this more hardcore.

fake edit: THE PRIEST IS A WIZARD!

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
LOL! SORCERER PRIEST!

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
That camera/head falling is the moment that sold me on this show.

I'm down for whatever now.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

The Headless Horseman is one of the Four Horsemen. The Priest is a mage. Ichabod Crane is a time traveler.

These are ingredients for success.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Horsemen and wizards oh my.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Okay, I'm sold for a few weeks at least. I'll give it through the inevitable baseball break.

NoodlesVonSexron
May 1, 2012
Ichabod Crane is feisty.

Does anyone have any idea about the long-term premise of this show? Is it going to be motherfuckers getting their heads lopped off every week and these two trying to figure out how to kill the Horseman? Cuz I'm not really down for that.

EDIT: poo poo, I paused the tv earlier and am like 20 minutes behind everyone else.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
This show is taking lessons from it's CW brethren and filling episodes with entire seasons worth of plot, and adding a shitton of money and star-power.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

NoodlesVonSexron posted:

Does anyone have any idea about the long-term premise of this show? Is it going to be motherfuckers getting their heads lopped off every week and these two trying to figure out how to kill the Horseman? Cuz I'm not really down for that.

I'd imagine the Horseman will be an overall threat, with lesser magical "monsters of the week" popping up.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

NoodlesVonSexron posted:

Ichabod Crane is feisty.

EDIT: poo poo, I paused the tv earlier and am like 20 minutes behind everyone else.

Pretty sure it's going to be mostly about figuring out why Ichabod Crane is traveling through time and uncovering mystical conspiracies involved with that.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

muscles like this? posted:

Huh, so apparently the priest is either from the past or immortal.

Well I'm betting against immortal at this point.

This show is ridiculous and kinda awesome. Loving those GLOWING RED EYES on the horse.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

NoodlesVonSexron posted:

Ichabod Crane is feisty.

I remember hearing way back when I heard about it that it's also got some monster of the week stuff and something further with Clancy Brown.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

NoodlesVonSexron posted:

Ichabod Crane is feisty.

Why was Ichabod awoken?(Probably due to horseman)
Apocalypse
Other Sleepy Hollow Mysteries
Wizards/Priests/Wizard Priests*

*Witches and Witch Nuns also included in this

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

MAGIC HAWK

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Oh man, him not being able to open the door is pretty drat hilarious.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Animal spirit guides

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

There are so many ridiculous shots in this show and I love every single one.

futurememory
Oct 22, 2011

So many stock sounds. The typical eagle-like bird sound, and that jail cell door had the typical stock creaky-clang.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Oh wow. His wife was a witch.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Of course she was a witch. This makes perfect sense!

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
I DON'T NEED TO BE PSYCHOANALYZED

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

FOUR there were FOUR

almost as if they were HORSEMEN

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
:lol:

This show is loving bonkers.

Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011
This is a neat little show, I'm liking it. I can definitely see it being a cult hit.

I'm also liking the implications of an interracial relationship between the two leads. Especially since he comes from an era where that type of thing was alien. You don't see that very often. I'm a big sucker for that kinda stuff.

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."
Everything about the show is over the top and I'm loving it.

I'm also loving the chemistry between the leads. Everything about them is my favorite thing about the show so far.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

These actors are really selling their lines. If they weren't half as good the show would probably fall apart.

And here we get the premise for the show.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Here's your weekly hook, right here.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

SECRET WITCHES!

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Yes. I am on board for this. Give us all the Clancy Brown Audio Logs.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
SECRET WITCHES.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

I totally called that guys :smug:

futurememory
Oct 22, 2011

Looks like they'll be solving mystical cold cases while trying to solve the present-day puzzle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Hot Fuzz, but with wizards.

• Locked thread