Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

The Lord Bude posted:

I just keep getting 'this content is currently unavailable' when I try to play the video. Can't find it on youtube either, oh well...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-uvP_qI1xI

Here ya go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

YAY!

Thank you for this.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

drat, Ichabod seems pretty pissed about collateral-free credit, someone should buy him an account so he can post in D&D. He may just be the first goon :v:

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

drat, Ichabod seems pretty pissed about collateral-free credit, someone should buy him an account so he can post in D&D. He may just be the first goon :v:

Someone should introduce him to Marx instead :getin:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Fox is rerunning the first season Thursdays at 8 to provide a refresher for season 2. They showed the pilot last week, but if they do one episode a week, they're not gonna finish in time. My DVR has two recordings of it scheduled, so they might be doing 2 episodes a week after this, I dunno. I'm not sure how far that thing plans ahead. It gave me a chance to introduce my parents to the show, and they absolutely loved it.

Also, the trailer for S2 at the end had Ben Franklin in it. :getin:

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

What is so endearing to me is how he continues to clutch the pen in outrage until the very end.

He pretty much stops short of calling them valueless brigands, but hey. Can't alienate potential sponsors..

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Aug 4, 2014

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Binary Badger posted:

What is so endearing to me is how he continues to clutch the pen in outrage until the very end.

He pretty much stops short of calling them valueless brigands, but hey. Can't alienate potential sponsors..

I often wonder what this show would be without Tom Misson. Everyone else in the cast is bringing their A-game too, no doubt, but he just puts over the top in the most wonderful way. :allears:

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

nine-gear crow posted:

I often wonder what this show would be without Tom Misson. Everyone else in the cast is bringing their A-game too, no doubt, but he just puts over the top in the most wonderful way. :allears:

This show works pretty much on the cast, much like what I feel about Castle. If it wasn't for the chemistry between the actors, they wouldn't be nearly as much fun.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Annakie posted:

Unfortunately, a few minutes after we meet Sheriff August Corbin, he and Abbie investigate a disturbance on a farm, this rear end in a top hat shows up, and the Sheriff loses his head. Literally.

Haven't seen the show yet, just reading the OP. But the fact Clancy Brown loses his head again is kind of hilarious!

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Blazing Ownager posted:

Haven't seen the show yet, just reading the OP. But the fact Clancy Brown loses his head again is kind of hilarious!

Go watch the show and post reactions to the episodes. :allears:

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer
Has there been any word about the Sheriff popping up this season, either in flashback or ghost form? I need my Clancy Brown fix.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

What, Spongebob Squarepants not got enough Clancy for you?

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Edmond Dantes posted:

Go watch the show and post reactions to the episodes. :allears:

Oh yes please! Let me watch it for the first time again vicariously through you!

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

Waffleman_ posted:

Fox is rerunning the first season Thursdays at 8 to provide a refresher for season 2. They showed the pilot last week, but if they do one episode a week, they're not gonna finish in time. My DVR has two recordings of it scheduled, so they might be doing 2 episodes a week after this, I dunno. I'm not sure how far that thing plans ahead. It gave me a chance to introduce my parents to the show, and they absolutely loved it.

Also, the trailer for S2 at the end had Ben Franklin in it. :getin:

I just checked 8pm Thursday on my DVR, to set a recording, and this week they're showing episode 4.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Rabbit Hill posted:

Has there been any word about the Sheriff popping up this season, either in flashback or ghost form? I need my Clancy Brown fix.

I've been thinking about doing a Carnivale rewatch lately, perhaps you should do the same.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

violetdragon posted:

I just checked 8pm Thursday on my DVR, to set a recording, and this week they're showing episode 4.

I saw the episode name, but I didn't remember which one it was. That's a dumb recap if they're skipping around.

Edit: At least the DVD box set is coming out before season 2, so I can just get my parents that to have them catch up on the episodes they skip.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.

violetdragon posted:

They did the same thing with their Brooklyn 99 reruns, just jumped all over the place, even with two episodes airing in one night.

I am disappointed, I wanted/needed a rewatch to catch me up. I guess I'll have to buy it (their plan all along).

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

What, Spongebob Squarepants not got enough Clancy for you?

Jingleheimer posted:

I've been thinking about doing a Carnivale rewatch lately, perhaps you should do the same.

I want NEW Clancy Brown, goddammit. :colbert: And this show had nice, fatherly Clancy Brown instead of...you know, the usual.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
^^at least until the whole bleedy pie debacle

Elite
Oct 30, 2010
Binged this and ended up really enjoying it. It sounds like total nonsense but they play it exactly the right way and well it's fun nonsense.

Ichabod expressing his disdain for facets of modern life is one of those jokes that just keeps on giving and in general everybody does a great job of selling silly material. There's a million ways this show could have turned out terrible but it deftly avoids all of them and I'm glad I gave it a chance.

I think it's a bit too in love with American history though. Having roots in the Revolutionary War is fine and Redcoat Headless Horseman is pretty awesome but "Oh George Washington, oh The Boston Tea Party, oh George Washington, oh Paul Revere, oh Thomas Jefferson, oh George Washington" gets a bit much sometimes.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
As someone who cares very little about American history, it doesn't bother me.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Elite posted:

I think it's a bit too in love with American history though. Having roots in the Revolutionary War is fine and Redcoat Headless Horseman is pretty awesome but "Oh George Washington, oh The Boston Tea Party, oh George Washington, oh Paul Revere, oh Thomas Jefferson, oh George Washington" gets a bit much sometimes.

Lies. Next you'll be saying you don't want to hear about how Ben Franklin was an actual wizard. Also Ichabod's dislike of select founders is double great.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ĄTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!
Crane is pretty much the Forest Gump of the American Revolution, and that's okay with me.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

El Tortuga posted:

Crane is pretty much the Forest Gump of the American Revolution, and that's okay with me.

Nah. At this rate, Ichabod is becoming more the Ezio Auditore of the Revolutionary war.

Oh god, I just realized it as I typed it; this show is Assassin's Creed III done right. :aaaaa:

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Aug 26, 2014

AndyP
Nov 7, 2011

Gyges posted:

Lies. Next you'll be saying you don't want to hear about how Ben Franklin was an actual wizard. Also Ichabod's dislike of select founders is double great.

The scene where Ichabod found out what a terrible person Jefferson was had to be one of my favorite parts of the season.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ĄTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!

AndyP posted:

The scene where Ichabod found out what a terrible person Jefferson was had to be one of my favorite parts of the season.

The only time I think the show-runners dropped the ball is by not giving us between-season videos of Ichabod reacting to technology and history.

Give him a vlog, damnit!

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

El Tortuga posted:

The only time I think the show-runners dropped the ball is by not giving us between-season videos of Ichabod reacting to technology and history.

Give him a vlog, damnit!

There isn't much to react to inside a coffin. Maybe next season.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

I generally liked the show, but the thing that irks me every time is that Ichabod is still wearing his 200 year old nasty looking clothes no matter what. It's a good thing that they at least gave it some attention when he refused to wear skinny jeans but still.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Sekenr posted:

I generally liked the show, but the thing that irks me every time is that Ichabod is still wearing his 200 year old nasty looking clothes no matter what. It's a good thing that they at least gave it some attention when he refused to wear skinny jeans but still.

He bought replacement clothes from the reenactment dudes

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

The Lord Bude posted:

He bought replacement clothes from the reenactment dudes

Which was hilarious.

"Only you could find brand new 250-year-old clothes."

Blade_of_tyshalle fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Aug 26, 2014

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

It's vintage. Vintage clothing is extremely fashionable nowadays.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

The Lord Bude posted:

There isn't much to react to inside a coffin. Maybe next season.

There was this Twitter account for a while that posted as Ichabod reacting to various things he discovers while using his phone in the coffin. The person behind it stopped updating it, and I can't for the life of me remember the name.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

His battery died.

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."
There's now an official Sleepy Hollow podcast. For the next several weeks they'll be recapping season 1 until season 2 starts airing.

ImpulseDrive
Jul 25, 2008

Annakie posted:

There's now an official Sleepy Hollow podcast. For the next several weeks they'll be recapping season 1 until season 2 starts airing.

They should have called it the Season One Decap.

Audible.com has available the Unabridged Legend of Sleepy Hollow, narrated by Tom Mison. If you've got an account with them, you can download it for free.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
Can't believe it's almost been a year. Season 2 looks like it's shaping up to be a nonstop fun ride and the cast is definitely game so I'm hyped.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.

Annakie posted:

I like the host's portmanteau for the historical craziness, "twistery". Twisted history is my favorite part of this show I think.

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."
The Legend of Sleepy Hollow Audiobook, read by Tom Mison, free on Audible right now.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Awesome. Definitely grabbing that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Can they not buy Ichabod some new clothes? I enjoyed season one and I enjoy their slavish dependence on flash back scenes and attempts to rewrite, or at least contort, history to fit the show. But, why can't they cut Ichabod's hair and buy him some new clothes? It's not like it's going to change his character or back story in any way. At least show him learning how to use a washer/dryer and complaining about be being forced to take a bath everyday and maybe using deodorant so he doesn't reek. The routine of ritual bathing and simple hygiene could be good for some comic relief.

• Locked thread