Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Excited for this show! Wanted to point out....Terry Crews wasn't Terry Tate Office Linebacker...that was another dude who is also a great actor and does a lot of voice work. Unless I'm missing a season two of Terry Tate or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Jastiger posted:

Excited for this show! Wanted to point out....Terry Crews wasn't Terry Tate Office Linebacker...that was another dude who is also a great actor and does a lot of voice work. Unless I'm missing a season two of Terry Tate or something.

God dammit how do I have Terry Crews confused with apartheid every other actor?

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
All right, we all knew there'd be a hit so let's just get it over with. Brooklyn Nine-Nine dropped to a 1.8 in the demo.

On the bright side, that's still better than Dads (1.5) and The Mindy Project (also 1.5), and not TOO far off from New Girl (2.1).

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah given the competition, I think those are good numbers. Running any comedy against SHIELD is going to get hurt bad from the numbers, it's just something they'll have to deal with. Or maybe put a singing competition on in that timeslot and reschedule the sitcoms elsewhere.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
I'm still kind of surprised Fox didn't go for the kill shot on NBC considering it has a nearly entirely fresh Thursday night.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

DivisionPost posted:

All right, we all knew there'd be a hit so let's just get it over with. Brooklyn Nine-Nine dropped to a 1.8 in the demo.

On the bright side, that's still better than Dads (1.5) and The Mindy Project (also 1.5), and not TOO far off from New Girl (2.1).

Why isn't Brooklyn Nine Nine on after New Girl? Why? :smith:

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

Mo0 posted:

I'm still kind of surprised Fox didn't go for the kill shot on NBC considering it has a nearly entirely fresh Thursday night.

I would wholly support moving Glee back to Tuesdays and putting New Girl/B99 in the 9-10pm block (even though neither of them flow thematically from X-Factor).

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

I like this show, but the two detective women are insanely hot fyi.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
But are they hotter than Andre Braugher? I remain unconvinced. I liked Diaz more this episode than last episode, so that was pretty good. I actually liked everything more this episode than last episode. I want to see it again though because I'm still trying to figure out my thoughts on the office assistant girl

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The office assistant girl is Chelsea Peretti and I'm gonna take a stab at people who know who she is from other stuff will take to her faster than people who've not seen her in anything.

It's probably worth following her on Twitter, or scoping out some of her other work (although a lot of it is writing for other people). Obviously not everyone will come around to her, but I think a lot of people will.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I liked her more last week, she was my favorite person last week I think. She seemed kinda dumber this week, but I literally just threw the episode on again so we'll see

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Jastiger posted:

Lester Speight was Terry Tate. I remember him fondly from Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Zero One posted:

"Are you sure? Because we'll try you as an adult highlander and cut your head off. Is that what you want?"

This is a great show.

This was my favorite line of the episode.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Haha, catching some things I missed the first time

quote:

So basically you're suggesting police brutality?

Lolol

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet

Rarity posted:

Why isn't Brooklyn Nine Nine on after New Girl? Why? :smith:

I found New Girl hard to sit through after the first episode when Damon Wayons Jr. was on. Does it get better? I quit 3 episodes in.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

Coconut Indian posted:

I found New Girl hard to sit through after the first episode when Damon Wayons Jr. was on. Does it get better? I quit 3 episodes in.

New Girl is not its Pilot (or even first handful of episodes). Kind of like Parks & Rec in that regard, I guess.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Coconut Indian posted:

New Girl a very fun comedy with a ton of heart and a lot of melancholy over the struggles of learning how to be an adult.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Coconut Indian posted:

One of the funniest sitcoms on TV right now.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I am going to start watching New Girl soon I hear its pretty rad. How many episodes do you think I should skip in the first season? I don't really see the need to watch something that most people here agree is sub par E: I just realized what a terrible metric that is, but you know what I mean

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...
Stop skipping episodes of things. Just muscle through if you really want to watch the show.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, so, when you tell somebody that they have to "muscle" through something it doesn't make it sound like an enjoyable experience

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
They aren't all standalone episodes, there's a storyline. So if you skip episodes you're skipping story. I watched them all and I never thought New Girl was bad, but then again I have no taste.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...
I don't know what to tell you. I liked all of the episodes, just some more than others.

Yes, even the pilot.

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet
I really like Andy Samberg. Hot Rod is one of my favorite movies. I don't really watch SNL anymore, but I like some of the Lonely Island songs. Am I a horrible person?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

No because I'm the same, and meant to bring up Hot Rod in this thread. It's great.

(Same except I didn't really care for TLI latest and I still like SNL, but other than that!)

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
This show is my first exposure to Andy Samberg besides seeing him in the Franco roast, I don't have much of an opinion on him as an actor but I'm not a huge fan of the way his character is written

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Conquistador posted:

Yeah, so, when you tell somebody that they have to "muscle" through something it doesn't make it sound like an enjoyable experience

Everything starts coming together in the third episode and there's no real noticeable dip in quality over the season, every episode is at least fun and worth the 22 minute investment. It's not like it's Parks and Rec S1

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Why do a bunch of goons hate Andy samberg? I always thought he seemed funny. Hot rod owns.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
If that is in reference to things being said in this thread, you need to reread it

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

TheRationalRedditor posted:

It's a character comedy and you've only seen the pilot. :cmon:

Don't say son.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Coconut Indian posted:

I really like Andy Samberg. Hot Rod is one of my favorite movies. I don't really watch SNL anymore, but I like some of the Lonely Island songs. Am I a horrible person?

No! I really like Samberg. And the Lonely Island. And Saturday Night Live (RIP Bill Hader)

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

myron cope posted:

(RIP Bill Hader)

What happened to Bill Hader!? :ohdear:

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Error 404 posted:

He just left SNL at the end of the last season, that's all.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
And now he's doing Tmobile commercials for some reason.

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

FISHMANPET posted:

Because he thinks they're funny. He's not starving for work or anything, and he is aware of how it looks to some people. But I think he's right, look at Downey in those HTC ads.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Those commercials are pretty funny though

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Error 404 posted:

Oh, yeah, nothing. He just left SNL. He is hilarious.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Enderzero posted:

Because he thinks they're funny. He's not starving for work or anything, and he is aware of how it looks to some people. But I think he's right, look at Downey in those HTC ads.

The "stigma" of being in commercials is going farther away by the minute. As long as they're not terrible and/or annoying, there's really no downside to doing commercials for some extra cash anymore.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Alec Baldwin, Jon Hamm, Patrick Stewart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

FISHMANPET posted:

He is also a writer and VA for South Park...so yeah, he is not hurting for work.

• Locked thread