Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PetPixel
Feb 15, 2007
In a loincloth.
When he drops the phone in the urinal in one of the T-Mobile commercials I actually guffawed, like a big throaty shout. Lucky I was alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
The one where the guy tries to rob him but then doesn't want his phone is great

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I used to work with phones a lot and can't count how many times I've been impaled with glass from a touch screen so the one where he is bleeding made me a bit nostalgic :unsmith:

They're actually all pretty funny though

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet
"That's because it;s ___?" I didn't hear the last part about the foot.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Coconut Indian posted:

"That's because it;s ___?" I didn't hear the last part about the foot.
"That's because it's all wart."

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

hahahaha oh my god how is this show this good already

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
A sweaty Terry Crews turning in to a mess from trying to build the princess house was amazing.

I liked that all the side characters got to shine today.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Black people can sell drugs!

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

For whatever reason Chelsea Perreti is just over the top attractive in this series. I've seen her before but she's just a perfect blend of hilarious and gorgeous. The whole show just seems like everything is clicking together really well. I'm in for the season and I hope it goes far beyond that. I'm really hoping the numbers stabilize and this show gets a full run, its certainly got the potential.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Y-Hat posted:

"That's because it's all wart."

Samberg's reaction was absolutely perfect.

JayMax
Jun 14, 2007

Hard-nosed gentleman
"Breathless" was directed by Godard, not Truffaut. :colbert:

Also, I started watching this show because of Chelsea Perreti and she does not disappoint.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
Everyone knows Truffaut did 400 Blows

(Because of a childish gambino song)

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

Terry Crews is amazing in this, cant believe this show is only 3 eps in and feels solid as this.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
This was probably their funniest episode to date. I'm really impressed with how quickly they found their footing.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
I thought it caught my eye but Prentice Penny wrote this episode? You know, one of the writers from Happy Endings?

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Sober posted:

I thought it caught my eye but Prentice Penny wrote this episode? You know, one of the writers from Happy Endings?

Yeah, and also on the staff is Laura McCreary, who arguably wrote some of the all-time greatest American Dad episodes, including "A Jones For a Smith." Cannot loving wait to see one of her episodes.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Oh my god Terry in the lineup.

"I'm gonna miss the farmers market!" That had me cracking up

E: HAHAHAH. Black people can sell drugs! Genius

Tom Brady fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Oct 2, 2013

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Daric posted:

Everyone knows Truffaut did 400 Blows

(Because of a childish gambino song)

One of the Antoine films had him working as a private detective...

99 dropped to a 1.4 this week. Not as bad as Dads but still bad.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
I've laughed out loud at least once in each of the first three episodes, I can't remember the last time I did that for any new show.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
WHY DOES A CASTLE HAVE WHEELS?!?! :negative:

Terry Crews has 4 daughters in real life so I want to believe something like that really happened

Tooter
Nov 12, 2003

I love this show and laugh regularly while watching it. What made me chuckle this episode though was Terry Crews wearing suspenders. He can't even wear them correctly because they fall off his delts...

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
That dude is freakin jacked

GateheaD
Sep 27, 2005

Gatorade me bitch
I feel like theyre wasting Crews

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006
I loving love Terry Crews, goddamn

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

BrooklynBruiser posted:

I loving love Terry Crews, goddamn

Let a brotha breathe!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I can't believe this show has only had three episodes and it already feels like they've found their groove. All the characters already have established voices and the actual comedy is firing on all cylinders. Feels like it's almost cheating to be that far along this early.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I thought Andre Braugher fell a bit flat the first couple of episodes but that they nailed him this episode

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Deadpool posted:

I can't believe this show has only had three episodes and it already feels like they've found their groove. All the characters already have established voices and the actual comedy is firing on all cylinders. Feels like it's almost cheating to be that far along this early.

I hope it doesn't get cancelled.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Mooseontheloose posted:

I hope it doesn't get cancelled.

I'm trying to remain positive, but the numbers aren't promising. Even New Girl isn't doing great and it's been a solid performer. Seems that a lot of new shows are doing bad out of the gate as well as a lot of returning shows. There's a few exceptions like Sleepy Hollow, but otherwise ratings have been down almost everywhere. Even some CBS shows are getting hit hard.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

GateheaD posted:

I feel like theyre wasting Crews

On the contrary, I think they're playing Crews perfectly.

I get the feeling that Crews and Beatriz are going to end up stealing the show. They played the castle and police brutality jokes perfectly, respectively.

e: Is there any info on whether or not the title music was sampled from a song?

inthesto fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Oct 4, 2013

Corkscrew
May 20, 2001

Nothing happened. I'm Julius Pepperwood. Let it go.
Came for Michael Schur and Terry Crews, stayed for a surprisingly good show.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

inthesto posted:

On the contrary, I think they're playing Crews perfectly.

Yeah, it's smart casting to *not* use Crews in the way that everyone thinks of him -- super macho cool tough guy, or whatever. Having him be ineffective and sometimes effeminate is a great contradiction and actually gives him some nuance.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Deadpool posted:

With the ratings the way they are, I'll take the shortcut to solid comedy since it means we'll get as much of it as possible.

Also, agreed on Crews. He's being used perfectly to play against his own type, and he's bringing quite a bit of his own skill to it to make it an organic fit instead of feeling like HEY EVERYONE LOOK AT THIS GUY bullet point.

Celery Jello fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Oct 5, 2013

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

TV by The Numbers has predicted cancellation for this series. That really sucks since this is the best new comedy in years.

Here's hoping they're wrong. :ohdear:

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

an adult beverage posted:

TV by The Numbers has predicted cancellation for this series. That really sucks since this is the best new comedy in years.

Here's hoping they're wrong. :ohdear:

If numbers are down across the board, hopefully they will keep it.

Maybe I need to start tweeting Fox to keep it though.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

It would even be nice to see this show sold to FX or TBS or something to go with their comedy blocks, although I imagine B-99's cast is too expensive.

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica

an adult beverage posted:

It would even be nice to see this show sold to FX or TBS or something to go with their comedy blocks, although I imagine B-99's cast is too expensive.

I think their casting is really cheap, actually. A lot of the actors on the show aren't really stars. Samberg might be considered one, but Braugher, despite being critically revered, doesn't really command a high salary. If it moved to cable, I could see them getting a shorter episode order but otherwise not suffering too much.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

If the BBC could afford to put Samberg in a show, then your local public access station probably can too.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
The Captain is the best character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

This show is so good. We need to start a campaign to get more people watching.

• Locked thread