Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

coffeetable posted:

Ever since Hannibal made it to renewal, I've been wary of Nielsen ratings. Shows are definitely cut slack on the numbers if they make waves on the net.

(Of course Hannibal had the benefit of excellent viewership in the highest income groups, which I'm guessing this doesn't share)

Hannibal was also a very easy sell to foreign markets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Dr Tran posted:

Would this show do better or worse on NBC Thursdays?

Quite possibly worse, considering how dire that night's been lately.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Some serious torque. :stonk:

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Hahah the pinata

E: lol wut

Ready! Set! Blow!
Jun 17, 2005

Red alert.
Idea for a novel: a mild-mannered doorman gets bitten on the penis by a radioactive spider and becomes the world's greatest lover.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
That's the insurance guy!

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Hahah giving him a name makes him human

ElScorcho
May 8, 2008

Horse.
Haha that second mannequin incident... I'm going to get some candy.

Butt Soup Barnes
Nov 25, 2008

I was hoping he would refer to people as Dummy.

I miss 30 rock. :(

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

I kinda have a crush on the emotionless cop now.

This episode also has done a good job of slowly getting out of precinct.

ElScorcho
May 8, 2008

Horse.
Okay I think the Sergeant is officially my favorite character. That whole scene in the shooting range was hilarious.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Oh my god Floorgasm. Thats witty as gently caress. Hahahah. The sgt was perfect this episode, gina too

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
I wonder which TRF grad got the Syracuse reference into tonight's episode :v:

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
I like how they completely forgot about that one cop who ran off to buy a hair dryer.

Beardless Riker
Apr 14, 2005

Mooseontheloose posted:

I kinda have a crush on the emotionless cop now.

This episode also has done a good job of slowly getting out of precinct.

Diaz? Stephanie Beatriz? Yeah I'd never heard of her before this show but I'm poppin boners over her left and right. She's funny as hell.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Third for the Diaz Fan Club. We should make this thread our clubhouse.

I loved Charles trying to get into character as "The Door". I also fully believe that Terry Crews could crush Andy Samberg's head with one hand. Best episode yet.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

The whole opening scene with Charles' misunderstanding is the most I've laughed at a television show in a long time. Probably since Ron's drunken dance on P&R. We really need to put out an APB on getting this show saved.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Fourthing the Diaz thing. My wife doesn't like her, or at least said she didn't the first time she watched an episode. She's coming around though, I caught her laughing so I hope its safe on our DVR. I'm loving the show, its really quite funny.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Look at all of you, slow to get on the Diaz train. I was sold at the police brutality joke in the second episode.

Terry Crews is a pretty great actor. Has he done a non-comedic role?

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

inthesto posted:

Look at all of you, slow to get on the Diaz train. I was sold at the police brutality joke in the second episode.

He's normal in "Are We There Yet?"

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

inthesto posted:

I was sold at that point too to be honest:D

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
B99 held steady from last week and did better than Dads and Mindy.

If it stays at a 1.5-1.6 is there any chance it will be saved?

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
Sometimes the simple stuff is great too, Gina justifying going to get gun certified:

:j: "There's been a ton of crime in my neighbourhood and the cops in my precinct are very bad."
:raise: "You live in our precinct?"
:j: "Yeaahhh, I know."

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...
Gina reminds me of a tamer Cheryl (from Archer). Which is aces, because I love Cheryl.

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot
I might like Gina the most. Hard to tell because everyone is so funny. :)

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

TheChad posted:

"Goose isn't dead, right? Goose comes back?"

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Daric posted:

That's the insurance guy!

It was so weird when one of those ads popped up

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

xeria posted:

Gina reminds me of a tamer Cheryl (from Archer). Which is aces, because I love Cheryl.

Ha, I said the same thing to my wife last night.

This show really is great, I hope it sticks around.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TheChad posted:

I didn't like her at first, but she's really grown on me.

KenjiKaizoku
Oct 21, 2008
Oh God, Dennis is the Allstate Insurance guy, 'Mayhem'. Totally didn't realize that until I saw this episode, which is incredible considering that I've seen all of 30 Rock and had seen the Allstate commercials a bunch of times.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

an adult beverage posted:

B99 held steady from last week and did better than Dads and Mindy.

If it stays at a 1.5-1.6 is there any chance it will be saved?

With what Fox has now and what the ratings trend looks like in general everywhere there's a chance.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

PaganGoatPants posted:

I didn't like her at first, but she's really grown on me.

It was when it became clear that she wasn't stupid, she just likes being a dick to people, that I started to love her instead of just like her. Which means now I love every character on this show. :allears:

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I'm still lukewarm on Amy's character. She's just not as vibrant (READ: batshit insane/stupid) as the rest of the cast.

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot

inthesto posted:

I'm still lukewarm on Amy's character. She's just not as vibrant (READ: batshit insane/stupid) as the rest of the cast.

Someone has to provide grounding or the rest of the cast won't be as wacky.

Or something.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

inthesto posted:

I think there's some potential quality physical comedy in the "tries too hard be tough" trait they hung on her character in the pilot.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I think there's some potential quality physical comedy in the "tries too hard be tough" trait they hung on her character in the pilot.

I was actually hoping that joke's punchline would be Amy chugging straight from the bottle and trying to stare down an ignorant Scully while fighting back the tears of pain.

In other words, they already dropped the ball. :colbert:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I'm working my way through the episodes again tonight, and Diaz seems pretty goofy around Jake. She's his competition in the Fire Extinguisher Rollerchair Derby, she does this giddy clapping when he goes to bring up the footage of Hitchcock getting kicked in the balls by a prostitute, and third example.

I hope there's something to this, as a hardass with a silly side isn't something you see too often.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
They didn't do it this week, but they established Amy as the kiss-rear end ambitious type last week.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

KenjiKaizoku posted:

Oh God, Dennis is the Allstate Insurance guy, 'Mayhem'. Totally didn't realize that until I saw this episode, which is incredible considering that I've seen all of 30 Rock and had seen the Allstate commercials a bunch of times.

I don't know if it aired the same everywhere, but right after he got introduced as the Vulture, my girlfriend went "Is Mayhem?" Then it went to commercial, and it was the Allstate commercial with Mayhem blowing up an SUV at a tailgate. Intentional or not, that is great advertising.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kal Torak
Jul 17, 2003

When Giles sends me on a mission, he says "please". And afterwards I get a cookie.
Full season pick up plus Superbowl post-game slot!
http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/10/18/brooklyn-nine-nine-nabs/

• Locked thread