Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Haha I am down but I feel like they're forcing an Aubrey Plaza type character on that Diaz gal way too hard, not a fan of her so far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I like the girl who was like "are you guys getting a gay vibe", her obnoxiousness reminds me of my own

Deadpool posted:

I don't get this comparison at all.

http://www.tv.com/shows/brooklyn-ninenine/community/post/brooklyn-nine-nine-season-1-episode-1-premiere-pilot-review-137909246235/

I am far from the only person to think this, mind you I went into this series pretty cold. Only heard about it because of the comedy central roast of James Franco and watched it without reading anything about it

Tom Brady fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Sep 18, 2013

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Nevermind because I realized I honestly don't want to put any more effort into this topic than I already have

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

TheRationalRedditor posted:

It's a character comedy and you've only seen the pilot. :cmon:

Yeah like that matters :rolleyes:

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

They're meanies :colbert:

:allears:

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Also, is it supposed to be dickbutt that the dude was drawing? Based on the "what are the two balls at the bottom" question?

E: Hahah, Duke Lacross joke. Ouch

Tom Brady fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Sep 25, 2013

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
But are they hotter than Andre Braugher? I remain unconvinced. I liked Diaz more this episode than last episode, so that was pretty good. I actually liked everything more this episode than last episode. I want to see it again though because I'm still trying to figure out my thoughts on the office assistant girl

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I liked her more last week, she was my favorite person last week I think. She seemed kinda dumber this week, but I literally just threw the episode on again so we'll see

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Haha, catching some things I missed the first time

quote:

So basically you're suggesting police brutality?

Lolol

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I am going to start watching New Girl soon I hear its pretty rad. How many episodes do you think I should skip in the first season? I don't really see the need to watch something that most people here agree is sub par E: I just realized what a terrible metric that is, but you know what I mean

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, so, when you tell somebody that they have to "muscle" through something it doesn't make it sound like an enjoyable experience

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
This show is my first exposure to Andy Samberg besides seeing him in the Franco roast, I don't have much of an opinion on him as an actor but I'm not a huge fan of the way his character is written

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
If that is in reference to things being said in this thread, you need to reread it

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Those commercials are pretty funny though

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Alec Baldwin, Jon Hamm, Patrick Stewart

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I used to work with phones a lot and can't count how many times I've been impaled with glass from a touch screen so the one where he is bleeding made me a bit nostalgic :unsmith:

They're actually all pretty funny though

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Oh my god Terry in the lineup.

"I'm gonna miss the farmers market!" That had me cracking up

E: HAHAHAH. Black people can sell drugs! Genius

Tom Brady fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Oct 2, 2013

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
That dude is freakin jacked

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I thought Andre Braugher fell a bit flat the first couple of episodes but that they nailed him this episode

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I'd never even heard of her until this show, but she is pretty funny. I too hope this doesn't get cancelled, it is funnier than most other shows on television. My buddy linked me to RT's review of Dads, where it was given a 0%.

E: Was nice to see The Waitress too! Watched the first couple of seasons in New Girl where she makes a couple of appearances in that show and was looking dreadful. Glad to see her looking healthy again

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Hahah the pinata

E: lol wut

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Hahah giving him a name makes him human

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Oh my god Floorgasm. Thats witty as gently caress. Hahahah. The sgt was perfect this episode, gina too

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
What did NBC want him for?

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Hahaha this show owns. Captain and Peralta have especially good chemistry

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
This might be my favorite show on TV right now to be honest, everybody is so perfect :3:

This episode felt like they included everybody more so than usual and it was even more amazing as a result

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Hakkesshu posted:

She's funny, and I really like Chelsea Peretti, but she does feel like she's from a different show altogether. Like she's not actually human, but a walking joke/sarcasm machine. I hope they do more with her.

I would probably feel the same way if I hadn't worked with people equally sarcastic :catstare:

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I don't have any idea whats going on on this page but I laughed a ton at this episode.

Probably the most impressive laugh was how the first time Captain told his joke to Gina, I was like ha ha, yeah, serious Captain being serious again and was like whatever. Then he tells it to the organization and they thought it was hilarious and that was freaking amazing.

I've probably said it before, but this show is my favorite show on TV now.

Also, when Diaz laughed at her own joke about being nice to virgins was awesome.

E: Also, everything Boyle has been amazing, and I don't mean just this episode. He's fantastic. Pulled off the ego-boyle to full-boyle so well.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
This race chat is kinda dumb imo, and not to toot my own horn but if you managed to broach a subject that I think is bad then you needa do some soul searching.

Unless its supposed to be funny. In which case it isn't. And not in that Holt-unfunny. Just regular unfunny.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Melissa Fumero kills it in this show

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Thread could use more Diaz

And Santiago, of course

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Some Chelsea Peretti with Nick Kroll

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/03/bobby-bottleservice-video-chat-nick-kroll-chelsea-peretti_n_2403297.html

Maybe :nws:, or at least, maybe not something you'd want to explain to the boss anyway

E: Oh yeah, really came in to post that Chelsea Peretti killed it this episode, as she has been. I didn't like her when the show first started but I think she's just as great as everybody else now.

For what its worth, I think I was convinced by like, the second or third episode, I ain't no hater.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

rare bird posted:

I thought I looked like/people told me I looked like Stephanie Beatriz (Diaz) and so I tweeted her my face and she thought we looked alike also and that's how my year's going.

i look like chris farley, we should totes get together and compare celeb lookalike notes

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

EugeneJ posted:

It contradicts the break-in episode, though. If she can afford to buy an apartment for $400,000 and sublet it to Jake, she could have bought a security system.

I know people with assets in the millions that "can't afford" to buy main-brand food :shrug:

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

The X-man cometh posted:

I found it odd that they had Holt actually make jokes about Peralta calling him Dad. Showing a soft side there.

I thought they made it pretty clear that he likes his crew when he demanded that they come to his party a few episodes ago

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I can't think of many shows that have a better first season than this, especially comedies.

Maybe like, The Shield,

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I like to watch this before I check the thread and see if I can guess what the new title will be, this week was a no brainer though.

Also, that plural buttholes line was hilarious.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I honestly assumed it had already been renewed

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
What was the Star Wars reference?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008