Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

You said dis place was fun, but it ain't!
Hooray! I know last season had a mid-season finale-style episode because they weren't sure if they'd get to finish the season out. Is this upcoming season the last, or is there a chance we'll see another?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

Tesla Insanely Coil posted:

Yeah, that's always been a bit contradictory. "Why do you want to move from the best town in the universe? Also, I'm going to be US President."

I think she mentioned earlier jumping straight over Ron to Chris' job or to mayor and doubling the budget of the Parks Department. I can see her making it to president and still somehow making decisions in a Pawnee-based light. Or hell, having a Pawnee ranch like Bush did in Texas.

If they ever DO get Bill Murray I want to see her run for mayor against him. Maybe we'll find out he's financing the recall vote because he thinks she's a threat. Whoever it is has a lot of money at any rate, because Hitachi Magic Wands aren't cheap.

I swear I didn't used to be this way about TV until I realized there was a whole subforum full of shows that I watch.

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

I, too, want to see how Jamm develops now that it's been made clear he's extremely lonely and I don't think he'll have a chance going up against Leslie's replacement.

At work the TV is on whatever station it is that plays The Big Bang Theory and reruns of Seinfeld and Everybody Loves Raymond, so just seeing glimpses of those reminds me what a good show P&R is even on an off day. If you grade on a curve the weaker episodes are still getting at least a B+.

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

Hmm... Jamm had to maintain control and dominate/win every situation because his life outside of city hall was lonely and outside of his control. Leslie's trying to dominate the facets of HER life that haven't slipped from her grasp, like the city council job, her best friend, and her no longer being a necessary part of the department she loves. Maybe she's just turning into Jamm this season and will come around to it.

EDIT: not to mention breaking the rules and getting away with it is something else her enemies in the council did as well. Just a theory!

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

Are Letters to Cleo playing as an actual Eagletonian band, or is Eagleton stuffing their stages with hired mainstream groups?

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

Unmature posted:

But she's soooo pretty.

Also I know it's been said, but casting the Warrior Princess as Ron's wife is just inspired.

But yeah, I don't need her around constantly either, I'd just like to see her once in a while.

Xena started airing in 1995. That's nineteen years ago. If Xena had a baby in the second season it could vote now. Not relevant to the thread; just wanted to share. Also she turns 46 in four days.

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

Some episodes of P&R have made me bawl like a baby (wedding episode) and some have made me laugh till I almost puke, but here lately, while it's still better than a lot of TV, I agree that it feels like it's spinning its wheels. It also seems to suffer from Supernatural's problem, which is hinting at some really neat potential new plot lines and instead reverting to the same tired tropes. They need to really shake it up and pick a direction; like how Leslie really should have some powerful rich allies in Eagleton for saving them, or maybe make Jamm Leslie's replacement Ann since he thinks they're BFFs anyway.

EDIT: Or another election plot line working only because Leslie has some big financial backers and realizes she's the Bobby Newport in the scenario.

The Red Queen fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Mar 26, 2014

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

Honestly I could see the baby being born as more of a ploy to bring their respective parents back into the picture. What happened to Leslie's mom anyway? When is the last time we saw her?

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

FactsAreUseless posted:

I would watch this under one condition: Leslie goes into labor while appearing on Douche Nation, and the entire experience is broadcast live over the Pawnee airwaves, complete with sound effects and cries of "woaaaaaaah."

I can see this playing out because The Douche is probably also a licensed doula.

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

This article says what's already been said here, ("all of Leslie's accomplishments are suddenly less than something 14 year olds do on accident all the time?") but in a longer form:

http://www.avclub.com/article/trouble-triplets-leslie-knopes-babies-and-problema-203697

Maybe they'll salvage the situation but it feels like it flattens Leslie as a character.

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

I had my doubts that the show could handle the triplets storyline well and they actually did it perfectly by not handling it at all. Really excited for next season now, really hoping they don't botch it they way Archer is fumbling with Archer: Vice.

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

This one should create less of a tizzy than the last A.V. Club post. I don't think I've seen it posted yet:

http://www.avclub.com/article/paul-schneider-may-brendana-quit-acting-definitely-203760

Calling someone a "straight shooter" is a nice euphemism for "rear end in a top hat," which is how he comes across.

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

It never seems to turn out well when a show seems to know it's constantly on the cusp of cancellation. Surprise seasons historically seem awkward.

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

Macaluso posted:

Oh god. How are they gonna reference Game of Thrones from now on? Are they gonna make things up regarding the show 3 season in the future?

GRRM takes forever to write books anyway so they're just going to talk about things in the books that haven't made it to the show yet. The fear of spoilers send the ratings into the worst tailspin in TV history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

I think this show can even make two year olds funny. For instance, if April and Andy are watching them all the time, Andy can totally rent them out with his Johnny Karate gigs to pad the headcount for unpopular kids. Just use them as props more than anything else, we don't really have to hear them talk!

• Locked thread