Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Sepinwall and Fienberg briefly mentioned that tonight's episode is fantastic on their podcast today, and that London is used to great effect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Well this is like a waking nightmare... of happiness!

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

We need a gif of Jerry's...impression... in all its horrifying glory.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Pentaro posted:

That was great, but I hope we see more of Henry Winkler this season, his role in tonight's episode was great to set off Tom's subplot... and not much else. :(

They definitely set him up to play adversary to Tom for a while.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

TheAngryDrunk posted:

Yeah, before she was hot.

I think it's just that haircut. It kind of looks like a bad toupee.

hcreight fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Oct 5, 2013

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

It sounds like she's a producer and will show up as a guest star but won't be doing any day to day work on the show.

Here's an AV Club interview with Sam Elliott. He's guesting starring tonight as Ron's Eagleton doppelganger. This should be fun.

hcreight fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Oct 11, 2013

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

I'm guessing we will; they probably just wanted to spread the guest stars out a little.

Speaking of, Tatiana Maslany makes her first appearance on the show next week.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Macaluso posted:

From what I understand NBC gets like the worst ratings out of all the major networks

This actually isn't entirely true, at least in the Fall, when NBC has Sunday Night Football and The Voice is propping up the shows that air after it. But yeah, the Thursday lineup is an ever worsening disaster and the Wednesday lineup is only moderately better at this point.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

There was a "blink and you'll miss it" reference to one of Mike Schur's previous writing gigs on the show tonight:

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Spoeank posted:

PECOTA is "Player Empirical Comparison and Optimization Test Algorithm" so that's pretty much all y'all non-baseball nerds need to know about how nerdy that is. The other two weird ones are advanced stats as well and Eckstein just perfectly embodies scrappiness.

PECOTA was created and maintained by Nate Silver before he went into political analysis, just to give some perspective to the non-baseball fans who are wondering what the hell we're laughing about. I loved that Schur stuck in a gag that only a small percentage of P&R's relatively small viewer base would even pick up on.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

The Red Queen posted:

I think she mentioned earlier jumping straight over Ron to Chris' job or to mayor and doubling the budget of the Parks Department. I can see her making it to president and still somehow making decisions in a Pawnee-based light. Or hell, having a Pawnee ranch like Bush did in Texas.

Alternatively, she's made the mental gymnastics required to come up with a scenario where she could run the country while still living in Pawnee. The White House would be her weekend home.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Merauder posted:

Adam Scott just tweeted some clarifications about the recent article talking about the season, because apparently that's a thing now.

https://twitter.com/mradamscott

He's right though. NBC rearranged their Thursday late October/November schedule last week when they cancelled Welcome to the Family. Then a couple days after that some TV writer looked at the new schedule and started screaming that the show was "on hiatus" and that narrative kind of caught fire. It's irritating that episodes got moved and probably doesn't mean good things for the prospects of a Season 7, but we're still getting the same amount of Parks and Rec we were going to get this year and then the show is back to a regular schedule in January.

My God, it's full of stars grit.

hcreight fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Oct 25, 2013

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Pope Guilty posted:

I've always liked that as much of a sad sack as he is around the office, every time we get a glimpse of his life outside the office he's just completely happy and fulfilled. He's far happier than, say, Tom has any chance of being.

Though they have clearly set it up for Tatiana Maslany's character to return to the show eventually so if this ends up being the last season they have a pretty happy ending for Tom in their back pocket. :unsmith:

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

The comments section is hilarious. People citing numerous links to studies showing water fluoridation to be safe and effective, with responses from anti-fluoridation posters full of name calling and baseless accusations that they don't back up. Much like a Pawnee town hall meeting!

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Giant Bomb fans... pay attention to who wrote the Mark Ruffalo tweet. :psyduck:

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

WoG posted:

Ugh, I remember those fluoride rinses in elementary school. I wonder if that poo poo still goes on.

My elementary school had them too. Kids rarely opted out, which makes the anti-fluoridation crowd all the more frustrating. I've only had a few cavities in my life, so thanks partially maybe, weekly fluoride time!

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

FadingChord posted:

Don't worry, he was dating Billy Joel's ex-wife and now is apparently dating his producer from Up All Night. I think his current sitcom (The Millers) is actually doing pretty well, but that's based entirely on the ads CBS plays for it.

The Millers pulls in good numbers (2.8 in the demo last week) albeit with The Big Bang Theory as a lead-in. Unfortunately, it's also a terrible show that wastes an excellent cast. For some reason, Greg Garcia can make quirky, likeable single cam shows but his multicams are hot garbage.

hcreight fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Jan 9, 2014

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Aubrey's crazy schtick has a lot of similarities with Eric Andre's, save for his love of taking his pants off on live television. Both of them have found an amusing way to stand out that doesn't prevent them from taking normal acting jobs. What exactly is up for debate here?

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Alan Sepinwall is saying tonight's episode is the best since the season premiere, for what it's worth.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

jscolon2.0 posted:

Adam Scott in the Iron Throne. I never knew I wanted this.

We better get a shot of him sitting on the throne in his Batsuit.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

I do think it's sort of unfair to jump on Parks and Rec for this trend when (as the article even points out) April and Donna both lead independent, fulfilling lives and don't appear interested in having kids. And for all the failings of this season, using one quote from the show to frame having kids as Leslie's "life goal" is sort of silly.

hcreight fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Apr 24, 2014

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

How HIMYM treated Robin in its later seasons and then especially in the finale would have been a much better framing point for that article IMO.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

So Sepinwall put up his usual post-season Mike Schur interview. Despite having a series finale feel to it, Schur said they did the time jump with building another season out of it in mind, and already have a lot of stuff outlined in terms of what they're doing with the characters.

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/parks-and-recreation-mike-schur-on-the-eventful-season-finale/

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

OmegaBR posted:

Did anyone else sort of assume that the copyright to Cones of Dunshire would set them right in terms of finances for raising the three kids?

Ben becoming an icon in hardcore boardgaming circles would be both a new direction and oddly perfect for him.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

Toronto's City Hall looks like a possible set for Starfleet Headquarters

http://i.imgur.com/w5joo0G.jpg

Well they can do battle against Boston's City Hall half of a Borg Cube.

http://imgur.com/rKncEE8

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

I still have the first 5 Seasons all completely available for streaming. :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

FYI Netflix is saying some of their selections are glitching on people and their engineers are working on it. Just to confirm whatever's going on isn't permanent.

• Locked thread