Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Parks to the Rec is the best on NBC
It can't be beaten by anybody
Else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Macaluso posted:

My brother absolutely refuses to watch Parks and Rec no matter how much I keep insisting, but he loves Big Bang Theory so much that him and his girlfriend named their dog after the main guy. I do. not. under. stand.

Bazinga!

But for real, on a different point, I actually like how the show is building outs for all the characters to wrap up their stories so they don't have to do one of those finales like The Office. It seems kind of sloppy and lazy to fast-forward a few months then use exposition to wrap up all the characters.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

the posted:

I'll say it again: Perd Hapley is the best character on this show. I die everytime he talks

I have an opinion and it is about Ped Hapley. My opinion is this: he is an incredible character.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

kidcoelacanth posted:

More specifically, it's really nerdy baseball humor.

PECOTA is "Player Empirical Comparison and Optimization Test Algorithm" so that's pretty much all y'all non-baseball nerds need to know about how nerdy that is. The other two weird ones are advanced stats as well and Eckstein just perfectly embodies scrappiness.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Oh my god that Vorp better than the last guy joke :allears:

And Babip regressing.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I think it's Joel Murray, literally in his brother's shadow:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

swickles posted:

I have seen some crappy ones, and some nice ones. The nice ones are either affluent cities obviously, or smallish cities in the north where they are usually historic buildings that have a team dedicated to preserving them. Then there is this city hall:

That is the city hall for Opa Locka, a "suburb" of Miami.

Crazy city halls are the best. I'm biased, though, because mine looks like a Bond villain's lair.

• Locked thread