Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Mighty Biscuit
Feb 13, 2012

Abi gezunt dos leben ken men zikh ale mol nemen.

Ben Kasack posted:

Why can't I stop laughing from that simple sound bite?

Makes me wonder how pig of a pile of shite it is if HE'S going "NOPE!" over it.

You will learn to fear Lance Boil.

mateo360 posted:

MegaRace is certainly interesting. It is one of the few games I have had with me since childhood

I certainly can't wait to see how you handle it :allears:

I am not surprised you own this game. You seem to be knee deep in bad games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Mighty Biscuit
Feb 13, 2012

Ben Kasack posted:

*sees update; loads up. Hears announcer dude*

"Is this Lance? His voice is a bit annoying but-"

*Wild LANCE appears!*

:stare:

*watches all of the video in that state*

"WHAT THE gently caress DID I JUST WATCH!?"

*cleanses pallet by watching POD video*

Yes, POD is MUCH better than MegaRace comparatively speaking. That's not to say POD is any good, just better than MegaRace. I'm sorry I doubted your judgement Biscuit.

POD was a fun and exciting game compared to Mega Race.

The Mighty Biscuit
Feb 13, 2012

Giggs posted:

What... what is she looking at?

She's looking at a bottle of sleeping pills and some whiskey.

The Mighty Biscuit
Feb 13, 2012

JamieTheD posted:

It's the taking part that's important!

Also, the two guys in first place put us all to shame...

And I am looking forward to making fun of Jamie for being bad at the game he's LPing. :allears:

Edit: More than I already do, I mean.

The Mighty Biscuit
Feb 13, 2012

Alkydere posted:

Just wait until the Slipstream 5000 video. You get to laugh at me doing it for you.

I knew you would have my back on this Alkydere. You are a real bro.

The Mighty Biscuit
Feb 13, 2012

JamieTheD posted:

Wipeground, meanwhile, just shows a lack of thought, from the name (which has meant the comments are dominated by "Uh, do you like lawsuits?" to the weapons (mostly useless) and pit-stop (where auto-buy seems the best option of a series of terrible ones). Will not be in FRIW unless there's some serious improvement. And less wubs.

Like I told Jamie when he showed me this one, it's not just stealing the name. That track has an almost identical loving design to Wipeout's. Just with more polygons and better textures.

I will give Collateral points on looking nice.

JamieTheD posted:

Gear Grinder is a game you can already get places other than steam, and I do have to say, it looks tempting. But so, on first glance, do many FRIW failures on my list. So it's cautiously on the list. For now.

Damnit Jamie, how can you not try this? It's Semi-Trucks with Jet Engines and Anti Aircraft Guns. :iia:

The Mighty Biscuit
Feb 13, 2012

JamieTheD posted:

Slipstream 5000

I'm glad you didn't get me for this one. I would have nothing positive to say about it. It looks slow as poo poo, which is basically the antithesis of what I want out of a racing game.

Though I did particularly enjoy you ramming your face into the wall causing you to finish second. :v:

JamieTheD posted:

Pyroblazer

I hate you guys. Soon as I saw the UI for the race I stopped the video and made this.

Only to find when I finished the video that you guys already made the joke.

You made me waste a minute and a half in MS paint.

The Mighty Biscuit
Feb 13, 2012

Just an update for you folks: Jamie is incompetent at making videos. He has had to scrap several 5 hour encodings because the sound got hosed somehow. Also Comic-Con got in the way. He will likely be posting pictures of his prized Sailor Moon costume here very soon.

He stitched it him self.

The Mighty Biscuit
Feb 13, 2012

Serperoth posted:

Actual quotes from Jamie:

Of course, this can only mean one thing:

Pictured: Jamie's fondest Comic-Con memory.

After all, what is hotter than Sailor Moon, if not TWO of them? :v:

GOD DAMNIT. I recognize that guy! He was my boss when I was working at Taco Bell!

He was the second biggest nerd in the place. Only the second because the biggest nerd literally greeted everyone in Japanese and was a creepy pedophile stalker who got angry when his under-aged girlfriend dumped him for someone her age. Oh and she and her new boyfriend both worked there too.

I had the worst workplace. :negative:

The Mighty Biscuit
Feb 13, 2012

I don't think even that would have made it a happy work environment. I had some pretty loving weird co-workers.

Everyone from the Ur-Nerd Who Turned Out To Be A Creepy Stalker to a literal border hopping bank robber.

The Mighty Biscuit
Feb 13, 2012

Ok.

You guys get crazy co workers.

The Ur-Nerd was alright at first. Hella nerdy, but I'm commenting on videos about games on the internet. I'm nerdy too. But like I said, he would always greet people by going Konichiwa and bowing. Surprised he never got fired for it since we had plenty of Asian folks coming through. But that's neither here nor there. I shoulda known this guy was loving crazy when he asked me if I was a furry and he pulled out a sketch of his fursona. At work. Yeah.

The next warning sign was his obsession with his previous girlfriend. He was always talking about how he missed her and wanted to get back with her. Never mentioned how long ago it was. No the assistant manager who was working there long before he did, told me she was dumped 3 years ago. (By the way, she was not crazy. Just pretty cool.)

The real kicker and drama was his relationship with a girl way younger than him. Sue (not her real name) was like 16 when she started working there. It was my first job, I was 19 and even then I knew that dating co workers was a dumb idea but Ur-Nerd gave no fucks about social norms like "not dating a highschool girl who is literally 10 years younger than your self. Or could read little warning signs like Sue saying repeatedly that she "Needed a boyfriend to feel good about my self." and going through 5 between the time she started working and dating Ur-Nerd. Less than 4 months after she started working there. Yeah.

So they started dating and everyone is saying "Sue, find someone your own age" and "Ur-Nerd, we know you are creepy, but stop being super creepy." Course they didn't listen. Because that wouldn't have given me fun stories to relate. But yeah, for probably a year they went out and I'm pretty sure Ur-Nerd broke the law repeatedly during it, but I guess her parents liked him or some stupid poo poo. What ever.

Then we got a new guy I'm gonna call Ted. Ted was a cool dude. One of the most normal folks in the store. A bit egotistical, but what ever. He was a cool guy to hang out with. Sue, a week after Ted starts working there, dumps Ur-Nerd and starts banging Ted. Just like that. Ur-Nerd didnt know about the whole "Banging Ted" part. Just that he got dumped.

So this all comes to a head when he literally roots through her purse and nabs her phone. He figures out that she's been going out with Ted and confronts them about it.

At work.

I had to call the police to get him removed. Don't know what happend to him afterwards.

So, the bank robber. The tacobell I worked at was literally in throwing distance from a bank. I could take a rock, underhand it, and hit the side of the bank.

One day, a feller named Marshal starts working there. Totes chill dude. I hung out with him once. He had some liquor in his truck all the time. Never took a ride from him though. :v:

So he was working there for a week before he disappeared. We figured he just up and quit like you usually get in fast food. Nope. 3 months later, one of our regulars comes in, one of the town's police officers, and asks if any of us had any information on him. We found out he's wanted for robbing the bank next door!

Another month goes by. Same cop comes back, and tells us they caught him. He's getting extradited from Mexico. It was all pretty funny. He was our little town's first bank robber!

There were a lot of other characters that worked there. Not much drama from them, but we had everything from 3 women without their green cards or visas who would constantly propose to me jokingly. And then the one who meant it. (so she could get citizenship) Daniel and Kevin, two great guys. Moved nearly was gonna room with one before he had to go back to Kentucky for family reasons. But they didn't get along at all. Oh and they were also the two most effeminate gay men I have ever met. Daniel even swayed his hips. Sailor Boss called them "The Catfighters."

Speaking of Sailor Boss. He married the assistant manager and by all counts, aside from being nerdy as hell and cross-cosplaying, was a perfectly normal human being who just really liked anime and video games.

One last thing. The eventual fate of Sue. She was a really talented girl. Had a full ride waiting for her to god drat Yale. She got pregnant her last year of high school and dropped out. I heard from one of our mutual friends that she ended up moving out west and settled down with the father. She never took her full ride.

The Mighty Biscuit
Feb 13, 2012

He wont be. He tragically died in a freak cosplaying accident. It was a terrible and gruesome scene.

The Mighty Biscuit
Feb 13, 2012

The Mighty Biscuit posted:

Damnit Jamie, how can you not try this? It's Semi-Trucks with Jet Engines and Anti Aircraft Guns. :iia:

Oh my naive younger self...

The Mighty Biscuit
Feb 13, 2012

JamieTheD posted:

I have no sympathy for you. Also, I have you pencilled in as co-commentator for Clutch (also by Targem Games), because you love Gear Grinder so much. :moreevil:

You monster. :negative:

The Mighty Biscuit
Feb 13, 2012

JamieTheD posted:

Speaking of the Icaras, we shall actually have an update later tonight

I was thinking about hounding your rear end about this tonight. We recorded that poo poo like a bazillion years ago.

The Mighty Biscuit
Feb 13, 2012

I'm still baffled at how they were able to gently caress this up. It seems like such a simple concept.

Jet engines + Semi-Trucks + Anti Aircraft Guns seems like it would add up to AWESOME.

The Mighty Biscuit
Feb 13, 2012

Serperoth posted:

I am using the font for all these menus on my PC, I've replaced the default Windows font with it... It's not the most unreadable thing, once you get a little used to it, and it looks cool as hell so...

EDIT: Also the truck in Gear Grinder looks very much like Optimus Prime from Transformers Prime. I'm very much okay with that.

I disagree. I disagree so very hard. I would rather have god drat comic sans than that unreadable mess.

Though yeah, it does look like Optimus Prime.

The Mighty Biscuit
Feb 13, 2012

JamieTheD posted:

Rollcage, sadly, doesn't really capitalise on its gimmick enough, so it doesn't make the cut.

Well neither does anything else we do in FRIW. So i don't see how this is an excuse.

I mean, you are implying that Future Racer was worthy of attention, but a game from the ps1 that's still getting attention from one of the original developers isn't. :v:

The Mighty Biscuit
Feb 13, 2012

It's a shame you aren't finishing this one Jamie. I wanted to go find my destiny at the freedom rally.

Where am I going to find purpose now if not in the loving embrace of American biker gang stereotypes? :smith:

The Mighty Biscuit
Feb 13, 2012

JamieTheD posted:

Won't get into why until tomorrow, but... Seriously disappointing.

Gotta translate this out of Welsh...

what does "why" mean again? was it sheep? maybe...

JamieTheD posted:

"You won't hear from me for the next month, but... Seriously disappointing."

Right. There. Think I got it right.

Man, Welsh is a hard language.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Mighty Biscuit
Feb 13, 2012

I... you?... uh...

I don't get it.

• Locked thread