Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

CuwiKhons posted:

It's alright, disaster averted. And yeah no I don't think so. I'm not sure she was supposed to be a new character, some reviewer just really liked her and called her a new character.

:eng101: Actually, her name was Marissa! I remember because she shares a name with one of the main characters of The OC... which I used to watch religiously. :eng99:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
That is not at all a safe way to ride in bumper cars.

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet
Am I not remembering the lead-in to Artie and Kitty or did it never happen? Last I remember she was trying to connect with Ryder.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
OK, Artie had a bunch of stuffed animals so I couldn't see them all clearly. So... did he have the reggae banana? If so, :aaa:

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

So far so bad.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Nevermind, autographed copy of Mein Kampf and Ted from Breaking Bad who is still a hot little turtle of a man

Coconut Indian posted:

Am I not remembering the lead-in to Artie and Kitty or did it never happen? Last I remember she was trying to connect with Ryder.

lmfao at wondering if Glee has continuity

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet
Counterpoint: Sam's Brad Pitt hair.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

This is the fifth song in less than half an hour. That seems... dense.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Lea Michele is extremely skinny. Must have been a very stressful couple weeks leading up to this episode, and I hope she is doing better now.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

the truth posted:

Lea Michele is extremely skinny. Must have been a very stressful couple weeks leading up to this episode, and I hope she is doing better now.

The first three episodes were filmed before Cory died.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

...! posted:

What a weird thing to say, considering the third episode is a tribute to him, and they specifically had to revamp the scripts to the first two as well and push back the season premiere a week as a result...

ufarn
May 30, 2009

the truth posted:

She's also lost a lot of weight in recent photos. I don't know if she's extremely so, more like an Allison Williams where it definitely wouldn't hurt to put on some weight.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

...! posted:

You've got a fictional mouth.

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet

xeria posted:

What a weird thing to say, considering the third episode is a tribute to him, and they specifically had to revamp the scripts to the first two as well and push back the season premiere a week as a result...

Yeah or else he'd be in this proposal scene for sure. Finn is conspicuously absent from his brother's surprise proposal.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

The best part of that proposal speech is how little it will mean next week when they break up.

DapperDinosaur
May 27, 2012

This is what America's next drag super star does...

She works for a living.
I'm really sick of Klaine and I really, really wish Kurt and Blaine would date other people but for some reason I was still grinning like a dork during their proposal scene.

I even wanted Kurt to say no!

Arclight
Jan 26, 2006

Did they really bring Amber Riley back to just smile and not sing anything? That's a tremendous waste.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
In other news, Jake/Ryder/Sam are the cutest of bros. :3:

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Arclight posted:

Did they really bring Amber Riley back to just smile and not sing anything? That's a tremendous waste.

They did it for three or four seasons, and she gets some fat stacks. Good for her!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
That proposal was the invention of someone who's only experience of love comes from romantic comedies and was deeply embarrassing for all involved. Rachel pulled the exact same poo poo she pulled on Whoopi Goldberg and it's going to work again and that pisses me off.

But on the plus side Becca Tobin is absoulutely adorable :3: Even if Naya Rivera quits Glee tomorrow they've still got me :negative:

Manos del Sino
Apr 12, 2004

Original Pony
Soiled Meat
They managed not to butcher any of the Beatles songs which was a pleasant surprise. None of them stood out as exceptional, but I also didn't cringe like I expected to, so that's good. Also, Blaine dressed up as a Beatle was a good look on him, far better than that Charlie Brown motif proposal suit or whatever the gently caress was going on, opposite Kurt's Joker-chic.

Ugh. Kids getting married/engaged in High School is the dumbest loving thing, but it does happen. Hopefully the future episodes show the dark side of the decision.

Oh well. The episode wasn't good but it was far from the worst Glee has served up. Sue was on her A-game.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

Manos del Sino posted:

Ugh. Kids getting married/engaged in High School is the dumbest loving thing, but it does happen. Hopefully the future episodes show the dark side of the decision.

The combination of both this being Glee, the show only running for another season or two max, and Kurt/Blaine being the last couple standing of the prior established ones (besides Will/Emma but Jayma Mays is pretty much a guest star at this point) leads me to believe that they're just going to be in love and maybe struggle a little with settling down after Blaine graduates.

And the show will probably end with their wedding now (where I'd have bet good money before that the show would've ended with Finn and Rachel getting married).

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

So teen marriage between Rachael and Finn is BAD but teen marriage between Kurt and Blaine is OKAY because it's progressive?

...and Kurt knew it was coming? I'm guessing his dad told him so he wasn't completely side swiped.

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS
I was pleasantly surprised with the episode and loved all of it! The amount of songs and the way they wove into the plot made it feel like a "musical version" of the show, if that makes sense. I really liked how the singing made sense and it was used to progress the plot.

Blaine and Kurt are engaged :3:

Loved the way they did the call back to the staircase. And two kisses without interruption from Mercedes. Seems like the producers are going to put their attention on to Klaine now that Finn is gone.

Great way to start a season, especially with Kitty's scene in the choir room. I really like what they've done with her character.

A+ episode.

EDIT: I just realized that Finn will not be at Kurt's wedding. But maybe having Cooper Anderson return will make up for it? That's so sad - because you'd think that Kurt would want to tell his brother what happened, and it did seem weird that Finn wasn't at the proposal, especially with Mercedes, Santana and Rachel showing up (good thing the last two have jobs to pay for those airline tickets!)

courtney_beth fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Sep 27, 2013

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Sue was awesome. "You'll have to find new ways to have creepy relationships with teenagers"

Super Dude
Jan 23, 2005
Do the Jew
I know there is nothing they can do about Finn not being there, but the fact that he wasn't mentioned once was really weird.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I'm actually really damned happy with this episode despite knowing that the writing and editing were pretty inconsistent -- Blaine talking about proposing in the first half was super stilted and awkward, but the actual proposal itself was some of the finest writing and acting I've seen from both of them.

Artie and Kitty seemed kinda "hmm" at first but also just got better as we went along.

Every scene between the Hummels was always fantastic.

I actually liked Rachel here as well 'cause it's not like she's stalking her director (who's suddenly a different person from the folks she was auditioning for before :raise:); he went into her place of work, and she took the opportunity to really work (...lol...?) for what she wants.

All in all, yeah, I was smiling through a lot of this.

(la la la who's Sue la la I can't hear you I don't recall a character by that name on this show)

BrianWilly fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Sep 27, 2013

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
The version of Yesterday was kinda awful, but otherwise it wasn't bad, the fou guys dressed up as the Beatles was pretty neat.. My main problem is that it wasn't funny, the humor is as much Glee as the music is, and it was completely lacking this episode.
Also i wish they had come up with some reason for having the kids come back to the school, Kurt doesn't seem to be doing anything that couldn't be done elsewhere, and we don't really need more storylines about how much of a special snowflake Rachel is.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Oh yeah, and why is Burt suddenly supportive of teen marriage wtf :psyduck:

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
I don't even care. If I had a serious problem with this show's lack of consistency or logic, I would've been out seasons ago. As it stands, I loving loved this episode. It was actually gleeful. Everyone was happy, everyone was helping each other, everyone was funny and goofy and dorky and dumb. Knowing what's coming in two weeks, I am not going to begrudge these characters a little happiness. :buddy:

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

KilGrey posted:

...and Kurt knew it was coming? I'm guessing his dad told him so he wasn't completely side swiped.

Did you miss the scene in which they were literally running all around the state, singing?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I thought the episode was solid. Frankly (and this might sound odd) I feel weird about watching anything Glee right now, and will until the Finn/Cory Memorial Episode happens. Finn (well, specifically in his Will 2.0 role) was literally my favorite character on the show because A) it fit his character perfectly B) it was brilliantly performed and C) it was an actually logical answer to the whole "high school graduate comes back" trope that managed to not feel forced. I guess it's just that I know the episode will be so gut-wrenching that I'm dreading seeing it, and I feel like it'll be a weight off once I finally do.

Nthing the people who said the proposal was super-awkward and saccharine even for TV, but if it was nice for some people I honestly don't give a poo poo.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

Rarity posted:

Oh yeah, and why is Burt suddenly supportive of teen marriage wtf :psyduck:

Remember when Kurt himself was opposed to (Rachel and Finn's) teen marriage!

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

xeria posted:

Remember when Kurt himself was opposed to (Rachel and Finn's) teen marriage!

Who should she when the show doesn't. :haw:

But yeah, Kurt was one of the most vocal about how ridiculous it was. They had a whole episode dedicated to getting them to reconsider with both sets of parents.

Burt's speech about never knowing how much time you have with someone got me a bit misty eyed all things considered though.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

KilGrey posted:

Who should she when the show doesn't. :haw:

But yeah, Kurt was one of the most vocal about how ridiculous it was. They had a whole episode dedicated to getting them to reconsider with both sets of parents.

Burt's speech about never knowing how much time you have with someone got me a bit misty eyed all things considered though.

It's also apropos of my feelings about Burt since Mike O'Malley is probably down to only guesting since he's on some new sitcom.

Also, Burt never said how he felt when Blaine said it. He just said Kurt had to decide for himself. :perfectdad:

Arclight
Jan 26, 2006

KilGrey posted:

Burt Hummel is the best TV dad ever. Whenever he has a heart to heart with Kurt, it always resonates with me on some kind of level and this one was no different. He always manages to put things in perspective.

After that scene, I totally wanted a feels meltdown so I watched the one where he sends Kurt off to NYC. Didn't even make it to the "but you won't" part before I got washed away in the tsunami of feels. :negative:

Arclight fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Sep 27, 2013

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008
This show would be a lot better if it was about a gay midwestern teen and his single father taking on life.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

I now want my very own Beckretary.

The Sylvester/Figgins plotline will be outstanding. More screentime for Iqbal Theba is a great thing.

Qu Appelle fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Sep 27, 2013

cyclical
Nov 26, 2005
No, not that one.

KilGrey posted:

He was, but he also shut up awfully fast when Rachel asked him what he'd do if Blaine proposed that day (and the cut Kurt/Blaine scene from the third season Christmas episode has Kurt unequivocally saying 'yes' to what he blithely assumes is Blaine offering him an engagement ring).

I thought this episode was decent enough. It had a number of fun performances (I ended up enjoying "Got To Get You Into My Life" and "Help" the most, they had a ton of energy and they were just fun to watch), but "All You Need Is Love" is a close second. Mostly I agree with Spergatory's take on the episode, it was fun and gleeful and I'll always prefer that over dumb offensive PSA plots or pointless drama.

I liked Blaine's proposal speech. It was really sweet and I think Darren nailed the delivery (and I've had issues with some of his acting choices in the past). The best scene of the episode was probably the Kurt and Burt talk in the car, the actors work really well together and the writing for it was pretty good. I kind of want to see Kurt's mother in a flashback some day :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I genuinely keep forgetting that people actually like Sue here. Serious question: Glee's hamfisted unsubtle PSAs are considered "offensive," but Sue dumping meat scum on Figgins and wanting to rid his office of his "deep ethnic musk" is considered high comedy? Like, it's great when she make fun of Will for inappropriate relations with his students when the woman was openly salivating over Blaine in her office last year?

I really just do not understand this.

• Locked thread