Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neo Mara
Apr 20, 2005

Kreczor posted:

Where do all my AP pills go? I got them from the buggy mailbox, but can't find them in my inventory. Is there some secret place where all these pills go so I can down them all at once?

The tab at the bottom of your inventory is the cash or NX tab. They are there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Apparently we get season 2 episode 3 tomorrow :getin:.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

Neo Mara posted:

The tab at the bottom of your inventory is the cash or NX tab. They are there.

Ahh, thanks! Now I'm a walking, grumbling gnoll kicking machine.

Literally Esoteric
Jun 13, 2012

One final, furious struggle...then a howl of victory
^^^
At the bottom of your inventory screen there is a maroon inventory tab. They are hidden in that special one.

EFB

Literally Esoteric fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Nov 26, 2013

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

I started playing recently and my inventory is getting filled with quite a bit of crafting and enchanting mats quickly. What do most of you do to manage your inventory? I have not seen any sort of bank storage in the game. Does it even exist?

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

[Happening-Intensifies.gif]

Nexon posted:

Mercenaries,
We have 2 special events for you to participate in during your epic journey into Season 2 Episode 3. Starting November 20th, receive 1.5x times more experience as you unravel the mystery behind the Secrets of the Crystals.

For more information please read the information below:

Episode 3 EXP Event
Episode 3 is upon us and to celebrate we're hosting a killer EXP event. Starting November 20th and ending December 3rd, receive 1.5x EXP every time you complete an Episode 3 battle! This modifier counts towards your total EXP and not just your battle EXP. Awesome, right?

Server Kill Event
We're also hosting a Server Kill Event. The number of new Episode 3 monsters you defeat will be tracked server-wide. There are daily monster kill objectives, completing these objectives will award you with the Misty Summit Pouch.

Here are a few of the items you can possible get:
  • Forest Gremlin
  • Ghost Gremlin
  • Gremlin Doll Hat
  • Tiny Gremlin
  • Punk Gremlin
  • War Gremlin
  • Quality Booster Coupon
  • Equipment Enhance Coupon
  • Exquisite Wing Part
Episode 3 is our most bone-crushing, blood-spilling update yet. Join the action on November 20th and grab your extra EXP!
Some of this stuff is pretty good, so that's nice.

Nexon posted:

Mercenaries,
Steam power comes to Vindictus with our new Steampunk Outfits ! The competition will blush when they see your new digs- remind them that you are technologically superior!

The regular Steampunk Outfit is being added permanently to the Outfitter Shop on November 20th and can be purchased for 19,900 NX. The individual pieces can be purchased separately [...]
Yes, the outfits are stupid. It wouldn't be steampunk if they weren't stupid. There's also a new inner armor for the ladies. They're described as being steampunk as well, but they don't have any gears or steam engines on them so I'm calling bullshit.

Nexon posted:

Mercenaries,
Are you looking to turn your favorite weapon into the most brutal blade imaginable, but are worried about breaking it? Then you're in luck, because starting on November 20th we're providing you with a great way to enhance your weapons without breaking them.

Item Name Pocketknife Package
Period 11/20 - 12/3
Price Pocketknife Package - 19,000
-Enhancement Rune x 5
-Pocketknife x 1
Location Supply Depot
Description Can be exchanged for an Enhancement Coupon if successfully enhanced to +11 and can be enhanced up to +13. Enhancement Coupon is a durational item (No Trade)

Item Name Pocketknife Package (Premium)
Period 11/20 - 12/3
Price Pocketknife Package - 31,900
-Enhancement Rune x 5
-Premium Enhancement Rune x 1
-Pocketknife x 1
Location Supply Depot
Description Can be exchanged for an Enhancement Coupon if successfully enhanced to +11 and can be enhanced up to +13.

Pocket Knife Event
During 11/20 - 12/3 we're running the Pocketknife Event, and you'll be given a free pocketknife for completing the first story. If you successfully enhance your pocketknife to Lv. 11, then you can exchange it for an Enhancement Coupon to be used on your more powerful weapons. This is a great way to enhance your arsenal without the risk of breaking it all.

Pocket Knife Package
More pocketknives can be purchased at the Supply Depot during the event period, available in two different Pocketknife Packages. The regular package is priced at 19,000 NX and comes with a pocketknife and five Enhancement Runes. The Premium Pocketknife Package includes the same, plus a Premium Enhancement Rune.

The pocketknife may look dinky but with its enhancement capabilities, it's more powerful than anyone gives it credit for. Grab yours today!
The pocketknife is essentially another way for the enhancing system to be stupid bullshit. I guess it works by giving you a thing to enhance instead of gear and if you get the knife to +11 or higher, you can turn it in and get a coupon that lets you transfer the enhance level to something else. I... don't really get it?

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

ArchWizard posted:

[Happening-Intensifies.gif]

Some of this stuff is pretty good, so that's nice.

Yes, the outfits are stupid. It wouldn't be steampunk if they weren't stupid. There's also a new inner armor for the ladies. They're described as being steampunk as well, but they don't have any gears or steam engines on them so I'm calling bullshit.

The pocketknife is essentially another way for the enhancing system to be stupid bullshit. I guess it works by giving you a thing to enhance instead of gear and if you get the knife to +11 or higher, you can turn it in and get a coupon that lets you transfer the enhance level to something else. I... don't really get it?

The pocket knife basically lets you try for high level enhances (up to +13 I'm hearing) but you explode real money instead of your level 80 weapon worth 1 billion gold.

And I almost want to get the steampunk hat just because goggles and monocle at the same time is the stupidest thing ever.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Bakalakadaka posted:

The pocket knife basically lets you try for high level enhances (up to +13 I'm hearing) but you explode real money instead of your level 80 weapon worth 1 billion gold.

And I almost want to get the steampunk hat just because goggles and monocle at the same time is the stupidest thing ever.
Yeah, but the premium pocketknife package comes with premium enhance runes and those protect your stuff past +10 anyway.

EDIT: Son of a bitch

Two objectives were already completed by the time I finished updating and logged in.

EDIT DEUX:

If you want to read about S2E3 itself, there's the official page.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HK9zpkdIms0&hd=1

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Nov 20, 2013

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
On the other hand, in traditional Nexon fashion they seem to have screwed something up and bugged the enchanting system to have a ridiculous rate of success; thus, +15s are spawning left and right.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

RoyalScion posted:

On the other hand, in traditional Nexon fashion they seem to have screwed something up and bugged the enchanting system to have a ridiculous rate of success; thus, +15s are spawning left and right.

Buy now. Sell after they fix it and the supply thins out?

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Whatever the +15 exploit/bug is seems to only be affecting level 60 weapons, I haven't seen any 70 or 80 +15s linked in megas on East, and I've seen a few people blow up level 80 weapons.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

quote:

We will be performing an unscheduled maintenance on November 20th, 2013. We anticipate the maintenance to last approximately 4.5 hours, concluding around 12:00am (Pacific Time). During this time period, all game servers will be offline.

Thank you for your patience, and we apologize for the inconvenience.

Wednesday, November 20th, 2013

Pacific: 7:30 PM - 12:00 AM
Eastern: 10:30 PM - 3:00 AM
Sydney: 2:00 AM - 7:00 AM

Purpose of Maintenance:

Fix of enhancement glitch.
Here's hoping they don't roll back the two hours of work I put into progressing the plot.

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

I read "visceral" in the first paragraph of the OP and I immediately turned my brain off. Do you work for IGN or something?

GaylordButts
Feb 19, 2009

Fingers of Fury posted:

I read "visceral" in the first paragraph of the OP and I immediately turned my brain off. Do you work for IGN or something?

I think it's an adequately apt adjective.

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

GaylordButts posted:

I think it's an adequately apt adjective.

You have no idea how long I've waited for a game where you can kill someone with your own intestines. Or do you choke them to death with their own? Which character is it?

Butt Frosted Cake fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Nov 21, 2013

GaylordButts
Feb 19, 2009

Fingers of Fury posted:

You have no idea how long I've waited for a game where you can kill someone with your own intestines. Or do you choke them to death with their own? Which character is it?

You are aware words have more than one definition, right?

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

GaylordButts posted:

You are aware words have more than one definition, right?

You have no idea how long I've waited for a game where you use your reflexes and muscle memory. Is hand eye coordination also included?

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Did I just stumble into GBS?

Game is pretty neat though. I really ought to play it more, unfortunately Wine doesn't really play nice with it (probably with the copy protection more than anything.)

GaylordButts
Feb 19, 2009

Fingers of Fury posted:

You have no idea how long I've waited for a game where you use your reflexes and muscle memory. Is hand eye coordination also included?

Included in the game? No, this isn't the Matrix so you'll have to learn it the old fashioned way. Is it required to play it? Why yes, yes it is!

I'm glad that I could help you along your journey to understanding the English language. Usually when I come upon an imbecile, they flail about and cling to whatever idea they began with regardless of it's stupidity. Please enjoy Vindictus!

Appoda
Oct 30, 2013

Thanks for the invite! Could you also invite ColonInjury, Tasnim, and Maitatsine? They're other characters I'm using, and they might as well wrack up guild points or whatever when I feel like playing a not-Fiona. Also, is it alright to invite non-goons if they're cool people? I mostly play with a friend of mine, and he goes under Romato.

And I think I've hosed up. If the log in bonus thing doesn't appear under Events, does that mean I've missed a day?

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

Xavier434 posted:

I started playing recently and my inventory is getting filled with quite a bit of crafting and enchanting mats quickly. What do most of you do to manage your inventory? I have not seen any sort of bank storage in the game. Does it even exist?

I'd like to second this. My inventory is getting full of stuff that I'm unsure is useful at all. Like the broken gear from the kobolds, are those upgrade able or should I just dump those? Lots of crafting materials as well, anything I should focus on?

Literally Esoteric
Jun 13, 2012

Kreczor posted:

I'd like to second this. My inventory is getting full of stuff that I'm unsure is useful at all. Like the broken gear from the kobolds, are those upgrade able or should I just dump those? Lots of crafting materials as well, anything I should focus on?

vindictusdb.com

If it's not for something you're going to make soon, then put it on the marketplace. If the marketplace price is lower than the vendor price, sell it. If it's worthless, delete it.

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

GaylordButts posted:

Included in the game? No, this isn't the Matrix so you'll have to learn it the old fashioned way. Is it required to play it? Why yes, yes it is!

I'm glad that I could help you along your journey to understanding the English language. Usually when I come upon an imbecile, they flail about and cling to whatever idea they began with regardless of it's stupidity. Please enjoy Vindictus!

Hmm on second thought that doesn't tell me anything besides it's an action game I think I'll pass.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Nexon posted:

Dear Richard Players,
We have encountered an issue that allowed players to enhance items at an incredibly high level with little to no consequence. Not only did this cause an influx of high level equipment, but also some very rare items from “failed” enhancements. We understand how this could be a huge impact to the community, so we took action to temporarily close game servers to fix this issue. However, the fixing the system was only part of the actions we have taken regarding this. The following actions have been taken:
  • A large portion of the abused items has been deleted
  • The inventory of those who abused the system has been rolled back to an earlier time (on the day of 11/20) before the abuse took place
  • Some players may receive back some items used to enhance the items
  • Some players may receive their original equipment (prior to using the enhancement glitch)
  • Temporary suspensions have be applied on certain players to restore and/or investigate their inventory
  • Players who did not take part in this will not experience any rollbacks, suspensions, or item deletions
We hope that people accept our deepest apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused, and we feel that the actions we have taken above are fair. We’d like to thank the Vindictus community for being active and informing us of this issue in the forums and in-game. Because of you, we were able to quickly identify the issue before it became too widespread.

GaylordButts
Feb 19, 2009

Appoda posted:

Thanks for the invite! Could you also invite ColonInjury, Tasnim, and Maitatsine? They're other characters I'm using, and they might as well wrack up guild points or whatever when I feel like playing a not-Fiona. Also, is it alright to invite non-goons if they're cool people? I mostly play with a friend of mine, and he goes under Romato.

Sure, you can vouch for 'em. Just post names so I know who to accept.

Fingers of Fury posted:

Hmm on second thought that doesn't tell me anything besides it's an action game I think I'll pass.

Splendid! Looking forward to not seeing you in game. :)

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

GaylordButts posted:

Splendid! Looking forward to not seeing you in game. :)

No need to be so visceral and in my face about it.

e: I'm sorry things didn't work out, maybe if you included the words "cinematic" or "immersive" or "goty contender" or "epic" or "genre defining mmo" or "fun" I would understand what the combat was about.

Butt Frosted Cake fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Nov 22, 2013

Neo Mara
Apr 20, 2005

Fingers of Fury posted:

e: I'm sorry things didn't work out, maybe if you included the words "cinematic" or "immersive" or "goty contender" or "epic" or "genre defining mmo" or "fun" I would understand what the combat was about.

you mad bro?

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

Neo Mara posted:

you mad bro?

You can do better than that. Apply yourself. On a scale of 7/10 to 10/10 I give you a 7.4/10

GaylordButts
Feb 19, 2009

Fingers of Fury posted:

I thought you were not going to play this game, but here you are! Still in this thread, still makin' bad posts. That's okay, I know there isn't much you can do about it. You're so intrigued by the OP, you just have to know what this is all about! It has action gameplay enabled by modified Source Engine™!

Shh, it's okay. You can play it for yourself, no big deal f2p. You can have a Good Time killing things for your god and nobody has to know about your posts. You want a gamepad support? Go for it! You want a Premium Inner Armor? Not without paying Nexon. You want gear crafting and customization? Probably not. Free-to-Play!

Booya
Feb 17, 2012

Fingers of Fury posted:

Why don't you go take like 5 loving minutes of your time and go read an actual review or watch a video instead of blowing up at a stranger on an internet forum for not meeting your personal professional review standards for a free to play game.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Whooooosh.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
How are you people getting into stupidass fights in a thread about cooperatively beating people with trees for free?

GaylordButts
Feb 19, 2009
Too much beating, not enough smoking.

Solution: Move The MMO HMO to TCC. "All the addicts under one roof!"

Literally Esoteric
Jun 13, 2012

Oh my god shut the gently caress up and play video games.

E: Why does no one play Malina until level 70?

EE: Ohh, I see now that there are level scaling drops. Thanks bro. VVVV

Literally Esoteric fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Nov 23, 2013

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Literally Esoteric posted:

Oh my god shut the gently caress up and play video games.

E: Why does no one play Malina until level 70?

The main story in Colhen/Rocheste usually gets you into the 60s and maybe to 70 if you grind a bit. Most people ignore Malina stuff before 70 because nothing worthwhile drops in the sub-70 versions of the battles (except for kraken ink and lakoria poison flasks in 50-69).

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Since there's not a separate thread for it, and it's kinda related to Vindictus, are there any goons that play Mabinogi?

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

I play on Mari as Eintor.

Edit: I've been planning on starting a thread when the patch that increases beginner benefits up to level 1000 happens, as that makes it really easy to get a character going. To compare, it's 300 right now.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Silento posted:

I play on Mari as Eintor.

Edit: I've been planning on starting a thread when the patch that increases beginner benefits up to level 1000 happens, as that makes it really easy to get a character going. To compare, it's 300 right now.

Cool! I'm on Ruari as Phyress.

Back to Vindictus, though, is there a way to select your server via the normal launcher, or only the Steam one?

Corgiflop
Dec 1, 2005

Maximum Derp

AfroSquirrel posted:

Since there's not a separate thread for it, and it's kinda related to Vindictus, are there any goons that play Mabinogi?

Yeah. I'm in Tarlach as Lourdes.

Regarding Vindictus, I'm tempted to jump in again after about a year away, though I'm woefully behind content-wise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo Mara
Apr 20, 2005

new link for the AP restoration calc:
http://dillonbursey.deviantart.com/art/AP-Restoration-Calculator-2-0-369534964

• Locked thread