Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

ArchWizard posted:

Servers are up and we have Christmas events. From the sound of it, Hurk really is in the game now. Whoever puts some time into playing Hurk needs to write a blurb for the OP.

They really should do the level rush event for Hurk release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHUBNIGGURATHS CLIT
Jan 6, 2005

you're
Todays the day I gently caress up a gnoll with a sweet new weapon.

Skion
Mar 24, 2013
Haven't played Vindictus in a long while, but Hurk looks pretty fun (if not a bit grimdark).

I think my old chars are on US East too, so may try and join the SA guild if I plan on sticking around.

E: Nope, RIP my old dudes. Google says West is pretty much dead anyways though so whatever

Skion fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Dec 19, 2013

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
What channel is the east clan on? I am in a guild already that I have paid money for storage, so I don't want to switch clans, but channel 100 is p lonely.

GaylordButts
Feb 19, 2009

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

What channel is the east clan on? I am in a guild already that I have paid money for storage, so I don't want to switch clans, but channel 100 is p lonely.

The new East guild, FartLords, was created relatively recently as nobody still playing can accept invites to Like A Somebody. We don't have a ton of people yet, but apply and post your name in the thread and I'll get you in. I still have a character in the old guild and see some people are signing on, so there are likely more goons who haven't transitioned yet; likely people who don't keep up with the thread. Friends are welcome too, just do some posts. If I can figure out some other people goony enough to check the thread before accepting apps I can promote some officers, but I've been around since beta; I'm not going anywhere.

As far as channel 100 goes, I wasn't aware that was a thing. We can probably make that a thing? I'm kinda surprised 100 is empty, it seems like a number someone would be using already.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

GaylordButts posted:

The new East guild, FartLords, was created relatively recently as nobody still playing can accept invites to Like A Somebody. We don't have a ton of people yet, but apply and post your name in the thread and I'll get you in. I still have a character in the old guild and see some people are signing on, so there are likely more goons who haven't transitioned yet; likely people who don't keep up with the thread. Friends are welcome too, just do some posts. If I can figure out some other people goony enough to check the thread before accepting apps I can promote some officers, but I've been around since beta; I'm not going anywhere.

As far as channel 100 goes, I wasn't aware that was a thing. We can probably make that a thing? I'm kinda surprised 100 is empty, it seems like a number someone would be using already.

There's only a couple small groups who use it, and they're mostly day crew. I am in a small lvl 20 guild already (with guild storage).

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

I updated the OP a bit, but it needs more Hurk info. Someone who's been playing Hurk a lot still needs to explain what his deal is.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
I'm on east as Huscarl, apped to Fartlords. I'm around level 50 if anyone is too add me

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

ArchWizard posted:

I updated the OP a bit, but it needs more Hurk info. Someone who's been playing Hurk a lot still needs to explain what his deal is.

I don't think I can put myself through levels 1-60 again, but if someone wants someone to run them through stuff, give me a yell (steam name: andichu) -- I've got a Lvl 20 Vella and a Level 50~ Fiona I need to dick around with.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

In non-Hurk news, Mabinogi Heroes has released more Lynn details. She's not a monk, but rather a Not-Chinese spear princess.

Her outfits apparently come from drapery stores and Hot Topic.

dromer
Aug 19, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

ArchWizard posted:

In non-Hurk news, Mabinogi Heroes has released more Lynn details. She's not a monk, but rather a Not-Chinese spear princess.

Her outfits apparently come from drapery stores and Hot Topic.

Why'd she cut off her pants and attach them to her sleeves?

Literally Esoteric
Jun 13, 2012

One final, furious struggle...then a howl of victory
Because they couldn't fit over her ChunLi thighs.

Kuai
May 25, 2004
WHENS LYNN.

Just in time to replace "WHENS HURK"

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Kuai posted:

WHENS LYNN.

Just in time to replace "WHENS HURK"
Judging from a teaser image, Korea gets her in January.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

ArchWizard posted:

Judging from a teaser image, Korea gets her in January.

Which means for NA, sometime next summer.

Agraya
Dec 15, 2009
I have decided to log in and see what's up on an old character. I applied to the West guild as Agraya if anyone gets around to accepting.

Is the returning hero armor super good or is this game easier now?

ArchWizard posted:

I rejected you a few hours ago because you're supposed to post, then apply. You need to apply again if you haven't.

Sorry, this was not in the OP. I reapplied.

Agraya fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Dec 22, 2013

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Agraya posted:

I have decided to log in and see what's up on an old character. I applied to the West guild as Agraya if anyone gets around to accepting.

Is the returning hero armor super good or is this game easier now?
I rejected you a few hours ago because you're supposed to post, then apply. You need to apply again if you haven't.

Pankratos
Dec 26, 2009

YOU DEFEATED
If anyone that plays Fiona is interested in a Rank 9 Ornate Enchant Scroll, message me or send me mail saying you're interested. IGN is Pankratos on US West.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60MNZTfGFcs
A Lynn teaser video from Vindictus China.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

Apped ~My Hurk~ Dijitale to Fartlords if anyone gets a chance. Got my Karok in earlier thanks whoever! Guild rewards are pretty nice even if guild bank is locked behind pay wall I think?

darkhand fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Dec 25, 2013

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Merry Christmas, ya filthy animals.

Neo Mara
Apr 20, 2005

grats man~

Zarick
Dec 28, 2004

Is this game any good anymore? What's the character balance like? Also, is it actually fun to level as a group? I tried playing this with a few friends a long time ago and the difficulty swung wildly between too easy and monstrously hard.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

A lot of the newer heros are very easy to solo. If you're a returning player you get a set of 54ish items that can carry you a long time.

I don't do too much group stuff because of the lag this week, but you can solo everything upto at least the prairie.

Season 2 is a bit harder but still doable under 50. If you try to do the raids right as they unlock they will one shot you constantly, you should get like 10 levels above the minimum required.

Hurk is definitely badass. Tanky as hell, moderate range and decent ways to close gaps. Much better than my karok so far

darkhand fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Dec 26, 2013

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

ArchWizard posted:

Merry Christmas, ya filthy animals.

What does the new poo poo go to?

darkhand posted:

A lot of the newer heros are very easy to solo. If you're a returning player you get a set of 54ish items that can carry you a long time.

I don't do too much group stuff because of the lag this week, but you can solo everything upto at least the prairie.

Season 2 is a bit harder but still doable under 50. If you try to do the raids right as they unlock they will one shot you constantly, you should get like 10 levels above the minimum required.

Hurk is definitely badass. Tanky as hell, moderate range and decent ways to close gaps. Much better than my karok so far

I really liked when they did the level up "jump" event this summer or whenever where you got a character at lvl 50 and could skip having to do all the story missions.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

What does the new poo poo go to?
I think I heard Barrel Fragments top out around 350m on West, but that was right after the Bark raid rolled out.

EDIT: Oh yeah, yet more Lynn info here.

quote:

Lynn is a character who uses her quick speed to utilize hit and run tactics.

Her image is to be that of a young and playful girl so her appearance and motions have been made to match this description.

Lynn’s age is assumed to be in the teenage range and to be younger than Evie. Her height also reflects this as she is designed to be the smallest character yet [89% the height of Fiona] which was also intended to further contrast the gap between her height and the length of her weapon.
I thought Evie was the teenager. I don't know what to think about all this :psyduck:

quote:

Her combat is centered around a debuff she inflicts on enemies with follow-up smashes called ‘Falling Flower’ [which I will refer to as FF]. FF can be stacked up to 10 times and these stacks can be used to deal massive damage with an attack skill called ‘Blooming Flower’[BF].

BF will use up all FF stacks on its target and depending on the number of FF stacks it will deal more damage and also recover stamina. As BF is an attack skill, one will have to decide on how FF stacks will be managed as well as when BF will be used.
I'm going to guess that BF should be used when you have 10 FF stacks or when you really need stamina. It can't be more complicated than that, right?

quote:

Lynn’s 4bar SP skill is unique in that it isn’t a direct damage skill. Dancing Wild Flower [DWF] may be a 4bar SP skill but it doesn’t consume SP right away. It instead steadily depletes your SP after activation and greatly decrease the SP cost of other skills and removes their cooldown while it is active. You still need at least 4 bars of SP to activate DWF though.
Thank goodness for this. The last thing I needed was yet another character loving up my Glacier Terminus with their own super attacks.

quote:

The rumors of hiring a female martial artist for Lynn’s motions are true. While the head animation researcher can capture motions for male characters, it would look awkward on a female character. While not every motion for Lynn was captured by the martial artist, her actions have all been valuable input for making Lynn’s motions. Examples of motions that were actually captured by the martial artist are the motions in Lynn’s teaser and her motion in her character selection screen. Besides the martial artist, a tutor from an action school was also hired to train the animation researchers so that they can have a better understanding of martial arts.
"We decided to ask experts for help on this one. This is the only situation in which we'll ask someone competent to help us do anything."

quote:

Other than her action motions, Lynn’s emotion and in-town actions are made to reflect her playful personality. Her in-town running motion, dance, and f9 motion has been given as prime examples. She apparently also has a hidden motion which should be surprising.
:stonk:

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Dec 28, 2013

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

God dammit, no one gives a poo poo about in-game animations, stop your servers from being garbage

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

darkhand posted:

God dammit, no one gives a poo poo about in-game animations, stop your servers from being garbage

Right hand and left hand are busy jacking different people off.

Anyway, I am going to stream the new area, god willing:

http://www.twitch.tv/thernghateme

and also no doubt changing my lann's underwear and other, fun, vindictus things.

BI NOW GAY LATER fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Dec 30, 2013

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Many changes will happen in the coming months.

http://vindictus.nexon.net/Community/#%2Fshowthread.php%3F1062755-KR-Test-server-updates-(12-31-2013)%26nxid%3D15 posted:

IN ADDITION TO LYNN, there are bunch of other stuffs:

<Spear Lann>
- (Premiere server) New SP skill ‘Quick Fury Infusion’
: You can use Fury Infusion during Moon Splitter or Grand Hurricane
: 250 SP consumption
- New passive skill ‘Accelerate’
: This passive buff stacks up to 10 SPD when you successfully land attacks
: Resets when you get hit.
- New skill ‘Windmill Boost’
: After you learn this skill, you can use 2nd normal or Sudden Blast right after a Windmill.
- Sudden Blast’s hitbox enlarged
- (Premiere server) You can enter normal attack more quickly after dodge.

<Fiona>
- Control input change for Normal Guard -> Heavystander Counter
: Previously - hold [Smash]
: After patch - press [Normal]+[Smash]
: Ordinary ‘Counter Attack’ is kept the same.
- ‘Active: Shield Rush’ can be ranked to r6.
- You can control the direction of ‘Downward Counter’
- Slight motion modification of 0 charge ‘Stigma Hammer’
- The new Butterfly smash motions during Slashing High is modified
: 2nd hit of the additional smashes now hits twice.
: The Stigma Hammer that follows remains the same.
- ‘Active: Taunt’ cooldown lowered to 4 minutes from 5 minutes.
- ‘Active: Shield Enhancement’ can be ranked up to r6.
- During ‘Shield Enhancement’, if you use Shield Charge and hold Smash, you can launch an additional attack. This will cause a guaranteed flinch.
- During ‘Shield Enhancement’ the second counter is even further strengthened. This damage now properly follows ‘Shield Enhancement’ skill rank.

<Kai>
- Bow skill ranks
(skills that now go to r6)
- Xgun skill ranks
(stuff that now goes to r6)
- New 6 titles for xgun skills (next patch)

<Vella>
- New 5 titles for chainblades
- Chainblade skill ranks
(bunch of stuff goes to r6)
- Some bug fix regarding Sword Vella (not gameplay itself related, but about some on screen messages)

<Evie>
- Casting Save’s UI caused lag and it is now improved

<Karok>
- ‘Shock Absorb’ sometimes still caused you to flinch / get damaged / knocked down but this is fixed
- Karok patches upcoming
Lann and Fiona are getting more band-aids on their problems. Kai and Vella are getting more skill ranks and skill titles. Evie and Karok each get a thing. They're also adding a ferry that runs between Rocheste and Malina, which isn't quite so exciting but it's pretty good.

Back to Lynn:

quote:

A screenshot of Lynn revealed in the developer’s note new year greeting.

On another note, it looks like they’re going to advertise her heavily as they did with Karok looking at how they’ve hired a idol group, Lady’s Code for advertising. It seems like one of the members, Rise [pronounce more like Reese], is going to cosplay as Lynn...

Professional cosplayer seems like a lame job to have when you're picking up these kinds of gigs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2dR2wFoxio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vN_cCY4A900

Her running animation is dumb:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRGAAh_SjHY

If you like watching her dance, you may be a pedophile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnM67ng7ONo

Her combat animations are decent, though:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoqSNFND_FA

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Dec 31, 2013

Literally Esoteric
Jun 13, 2012

One final, furious struggle...then a howl of victory
You said spear and I got all excited like gently caress yes I get to be Michelle Yeoh in Crouching Tiger (which I cannot find a single picture of with a spear for some reason) and instead it's "magical girl pedophile quest". Fanfuckingtastic.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

I feel like Lynn is an attempt to steal TERA's pedophile population.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Understatement of the loving year (and it only just began, too). Everyone watch this, and then point and laugh. This doesn't even look like how people move. It looks like a five-minute job.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

I want to say everything about that is an intentional joke but sadly I know better.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

quote:

Happy New Year!

It looks like the Northeast is prepping for a winter storm Hercules. Most importantly, I hope everyone and their families are safe throughout the storm. On the bright side, a storm of this magnitude can result in a potential "snow day" from work or school!

I grew up in NYC and New Jersey and spent many days with my nose pressed up against my window praying for Nor'easters (so that I could stay home and play video games). Running back and forth between the window and the Weather Channel, I witnessed the blizzards of '94 and '96 which delivered bonus one week and two week vacations, respectively.

Feeling a bit nostalgic, I thought I could try to share that same feeling with our players in and outside the Northeastern United States.

On Friday, we will be running a 2x EXP event for Vindictus starting 12PM PST in celebration of the Snow Day.

If snow fall reaches 12 inches or more in New York City or Boston, players will receive a bonus.

Be safe, stay warm, and good luck with the snow days.

Cheers!

Stove, CEO
Twitter: @5toVe
Instagram: @5toVe
Now that I'm leveling my Evie, exp events interest me again. They probably interest you Hurks, too.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

ArchWizard posted:

Many changes will happen in the coming months.

Lann and Fiona are getting more band-aids on their problems. Kai and Vella are getting more skill ranks and skill titles. Evie and Karok each get a thing. They're also adding a ferry that runs between Rocheste and Malina, which isn't quite so exciting but it's pretty good.

Back to Lynn:

Professional cosplayer seems like a lame job to have when you're picking up these kinds of gigs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2dR2wFoxio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vN_cCY4A900

Her running animation is dumb:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRGAAh_SjHY

If you like watching her dance, you may be a pedophile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnM67ng7ONo

Her combat animations are decent, though:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoqSNFND_FA

gently caress them for buffing Spear Lann. gently caress all spear lann's really.

OnceIWasAnOstrich
Jul 22, 2006

Is everyone playing this game level 70/80 or something? I spent way too much of a weekend a couple weeks ago leveling my scythe Evie to 60 in a mad rush. I logged back in recently and I realized...there are zero boats on basically any of the 60+ stuff that I can access to. Is no one playing anymore or is it just really spread out one you hit higher levels? It is kind of frustrating because I am unable to find boats where I reach the point where everything can 2/3-shot me on a character that has really really slow attacks. Will this get better if I hit some magical higher level?

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

OnceIWasAnOstrich posted:

Is everyone playing this game level 70/80 or something? I spent way too much of a weekend a couple weeks ago leveling my scythe Evie to 60 in a mad rush. I logged back in recently and I realized...there are zero boats on basically any of the 60+ stuff that I can access to. Is no one playing anymore or is it just really spread out one you hit higher levels? It is kind of frustrating because I am unable to find boats where I reach the point where everything can 2/3-shot me on a character that has really really slow attacks. Will this get better if I hit some magical higher level?

Once you're 70+ all you pretty much do is run your daily S2, and then run mostly S2 raids.

I am lvl 77 and still run most of the stuff just for xp. If you ever need anyone to do stuff with, hit me up on steam (steam name: andichu) or IGN: Jesselyin.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

I'm also around level 60, found the same problem as you. IGN: Dijitale . I have been running a bunch of the story stuff so feel free to hit me up if that interests you.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

quote:

UPDATE: Vindictus players rejoice. Snowfall in Boston has reached 14 inches which means we get to unlock your surprise gift, 10 Goddess Graces per account, which you will receive early next week. What’s more we will be extending the Snow Day 2x Exp event until midnight on 1/5.
I've nearly burned through the free graces I got during the advent event, so this is nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Posting King Rams
May 29, 2010

Knowing as a shorty, I was always told, that if I ain't gon' be part of the greatest

I gotta be the greatest myself
I started playing this again but the servers inexplicably lag outside of battles for just about everything. Upgrading skills, using the AH, and even dialogue has massive delays. I'm on East server. Is this a common problem, and is there any chance of it going away? It's otherwise killing any interest I have in leveling a Hurk.

• Locked thread