Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
Uh, don't think that's the case. Unless they changed something.

Of course I haven't been able to play since S3 came out, THANKS WINDOWS 8.1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Blast of Confetti posted:

I wish this game had less clicking through lovely dialogue and more shooting bitch monsters

Oh, I don't know. By the time you get to S2 stuff, it gets pretty meta. Also anything with Shayla.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

ArchWizard posted:

Aren't you forgetting someone?

No. I am not. gently caress him and all his stupid quests.

They also better not kill Milo. And if they do, they better make it as horrifyingly needleslly graphic as Ellis

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Bakalakadaka posted:

http://vindictus.nexon.net/News/Content.aspx?boardNo=undefined&contentNo=00HPw

Looks like its time for HURK tomorrow. Also a good chance of 10+ hours of extended maintenance if the episode 3 patch is any indication!

Nope. It was just to update Hackshield to work with W8.1 reliably.

e: sorry I missed them change the update page.

GaylordButts posted:

I literally cannot imagine a person that is upset over Vindictus spoilers.

Vindictus TryHard's are literally the worst people known to mankind. 20K ATT FOR THIS BOAT ONLY

BI NOW GAY LATER fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Dec 18, 2013

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

ArchWizard posted:

Servers are up and we have Christmas events. From the sound of it, Hurk really is in the game now. Whoever puts some time into playing Hurk needs to write a blurb for the OP.

They really should do the level rush event for Hurk release.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

What channel is the east clan on? I am in a guild already that I have paid money for storage, so I don't want to switch clans, but channel 100 is p lonely.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

GaylordButts posted:

The new East guild, FartLords, was created relatively recently as nobody still playing can accept invites to Like A Somebody. We don't have a ton of people yet, but apply and post your name in the thread and I'll get you in. I still have a character in the old guild and see some people are signing on, so there are likely more goons who haven't transitioned yet; likely people who don't keep up with the thread. Friends are welcome too, just do some posts. If I can figure out some other people goony enough to check the thread before accepting apps I can promote some officers, but I've been around since beta; I'm not going anywhere.

As far as channel 100 goes, I wasn't aware that was a thing. We can probably make that a thing? I'm kinda surprised 100 is empty, it seems like a number someone would be using already.

There's only a couple small groups who use it, and they're mostly day crew. I am in a small lvl 20 guild already (with guild storage).

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

ArchWizard posted:

I updated the OP a bit, but it needs more Hurk info. Someone who's been playing Hurk a lot still needs to explain what his deal is.

I don't think I can put myself through levels 1-60 again, but if someone wants someone to run them through stuff, give me a yell (steam name: andichu) -- I've got a Lvl 20 Vella and a Level 50~ Fiona I need to dick around with.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

ArchWizard posted:

Judging from a teaser image, Korea gets her in January.

Which means for NA, sometime next summer.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

ArchWizard posted:

Merry Christmas, ya filthy animals.

What does the new poo poo go to?

darkhand posted:

A lot of the newer heros are very easy to solo. If you're a returning player you get a set of 54ish items that can carry you a long time.

I don't do too much group stuff because of the lag this week, but you can solo everything upto at least the prairie.

Season 2 is a bit harder but still doable under 50. If you try to do the raids right as they unlock they will one shot you constantly, you should get like 10 levels above the minimum required.

Hurk is definitely badass. Tanky as hell, moderate range and decent ways to close gaps. Much better than my karok so far

I really liked when they did the level up "jump" event this summer or whenever where you got a character at lvl 50 and could skip having to do all the story missions.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

darkhand posted:

God dammit, no one gives a poo poo about in-game animations, stop your servers from being garbage

Right hand and left hand are busy jacking different people off.

Anyway, I am going to stream the new area, god willing:

http://www.twitch.tv/thernghateme

and also no doubt changing my lann's underwear and other, fun, vindictus things.

BI NOW GAY LATER fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Dec 30, 2013

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

ArchWizard posted:

Many changes will happen in the coming months.

Lann and Fiona are getting more band-aids on their problems. Kai and Vella are getting more skill ranks and skill titles. Evie and Karok each get a thing. They're also adding a ferry that runs between Rocheste and Malina, which isn't quite so exciting but it's pretty good.

Back to Lynn:

Professional cosplayer seems like a lame job to have when you're picking up these kinds of gigs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2dR2wFoxio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vN_cCY4A900

Her running animation is dumb:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRGAAh_SjHY

If you like watching her dance, you may be a pedophile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnM67ng7ONo

Her combat animations are decent, though:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoqSNFND_FA

gently caress them for buffing Spear Lann. gently caress all spear lann's really.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

OnceIWasAnOstrich posted:

Is everyone playing this game level 70/80 or something? I spent way too much of a weekend a couple weeks ago leveling my scythe Evie to 60 in a mad rush. I logged back in recently and I realized...there are zero boats on basically any of the 60+ stuff that I can access to. Is no one playing anymore or is it just really spread out one you hit higher levels? It is kind of frustrating because I am unable to find boats where I reach the point where everything can 2/3-shot me on a character that has really really slow attacks. Will this get better if I hit some magical higher level?

Once you're 70+ all you pretty much do is run your daily S2, and then run mostly S2 raids.

I am lvl 77 and still run most of the stuff just for xp. If you ever need anyone to do stuff with, hit me up on steam (steam name: andichu) or IGN: Jesselyin.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Do The Evolution posted:

I used to play this a long time ago before Kai/Vella/HURK were in the game. Has the game changed from level 1-55 at all or did they just stack more stuff on top of existing content? I'm considering coming back but I think I'd rather play Hurk than my level 64 Lann, mostly because I'm broke and have no weapon after trying to +11 my Raiders. If I do come back though it'd be with a couple of friends and they had trouble stomaching the grind the first time around. Is it easier to level?

The new content is playable as you work through, which is actually welcome because good fuckigng god. gently caress Hidden. gently caress that raid. gently caress Hoarfrost Depths.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

For anyone who wants to play through poo poo, I am bored and have literally nothing better to do.

I am on my main, East: Jesselyin but can switch to my other characters if need be. (You can grab me on steam, too @ "andichu" )

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

ArchWizard posted:

People with more than one account can multibox and bring their other characters into battles and raids to AFK level them. Also, those "one reward per character" events are better if you have one character per account.

The only reason I have one account is because I believe it's weird to have characters that you don't want to actually play. Then again, I didn't complain when people let me AFK in raids to level my Evie. Because playing Evie is bullshit.

I refuse to play evie.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

ArchWizard posted:

If you're not happy, try other characters. On the other hand, Ship Graveyard sucks and you shouldn't feel bad if you die a lot.

Especially to the pirate bosses. Those DoT's are dumb as heck.

Almost as dumb as Bark #1. Good god who's idea what that.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

RoyalScion posted:

Also most of Lann and Fiona's SP skills are shittastic in comparison to those of the newer characters.

This is a big part of it and then that Lann has really lovely base ATT and they can't really buff sword lann's because it would make sword Vela retardo. I have no idea why Lann is forced to share a weapon with her.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Do The Evolution posted:

Yeah, maybe. You seen a video of Crom Cuialraliglch from KR? poo poo is loving ridiculous. I watched a Hurk video and half his time was spent double-dodging to reach the boss in order to hit him. I can't imagine Fiona or Lann have a good time trying to reach him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GwxM8Hpr9E

Episode 4 looks legit as hell. The armor sets I've seen are :fap: :fap: :fap:

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

GaylordButts posted:

Not really, which is probably why this thing is still around. TERA packages the movement and boss battles in an MMO form, but loses the action game feel. I've played enough Warframe to conclude it's not something I want to get into. Blade & Soul is supposed to be decent but it's still just an Asian beta.

Warframe is somehow more grindy than Vindictus. And also has a worse early game.

*somehow already has 200hrs of warframe*

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

I will also offer membership into my guild "DisgustingDuo" if anyone wants in it. It already lvl 20 if FartLords isn't thats a handy sort of thing for anyone trying to level.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

ArchWizard posted:

Nah, we don't have guild storage because it costs NX and it's not worth hanging on to clothes when most sets are cheap on the market. Also, non-goons are allowed if you vouch for them and promise they'll be cool and are cool with goons.

Not just NX but ~prepaid Karma Koin NX~

*looks at his own guild storage, sighs*

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

I have a Fleet and Diamond ES and a Siggy Pouch I am willing to sell to any goons at good prices. I can't really use them so, just hit me up on IGN: Jesselyin.

Content related... I hit lvl 78 finally. :3:

BI NOW GAY LATER fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Feb 13, 2014

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

I got a ruined steel mask (the RNG might NOT hate me ... :ohdear:), so I think I am gonna be gunning for the Skelly set. About to hit 79.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Do The Evolution posted:

They streamlined the story and made it easier to level. The side plots like the friendship sword, Shayla's lost note, fetching hangover herbs for Brakkis and the ogre, those are still there and I haven't noticed any side stories missing. What I have noticed is that certain stuff is no longer a story requirement - Irukul is completely skipped and at level 70 I still don't have the quest to do him, Blood Lord is no longer required for progression, Klaus is a side story (was he always? I don't remember) and stuff like that.

The grinding is significantly lessened thanks in part to the presence of season 2 missions/quests. You can get to (or past) 60 just playing S1 story/side quests, though.

They did away with some of the poo poo like Persuer's Ring where you had to go back and grind through every time that one dumbass Kobold showed up and cleaned up the 40-50 grind (which is literally the worst in the game.)

Also I hit 80 on my main, so I am gonna be running lower level stuff on my Fiona if people want to do thigns.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

PadreScout posted:

This is some bullshit. I can be magical OR wield a kick-rear end scythe? Talk about tough calls. The scythe seems AWESOME for rooms full of enemies, but magic is good for bosses. I guess..... magic.

Scythe Evies can out DPS Sword Lanns

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

PadreScout posted:

drat, that lakoria is tough as sword lann and i need to kill him like... lets go with 40 more times to get all my fanfs for this ... sword thingy.

fixed this

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

ArchWizard posted:

You'll be glad you have those fishing rods next time the Sunken Ignacht Treasure Box event rolls around :colbert:

Yup!

Bakalakadaka posted:

Its more like 500 times to get 1/5 of the fangs you need cmon now.

Yup. The drop rate on fangs is literally .25% per core. :smithicide:

ArchWizard posted:

No, the point is to have fun killing things, then use the money you get killing things to buy equipment off the market.

Until you hit 80 and then you cry and cry as you go through VVIP caps without ever getting a Lako Fang.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

I hate Brynn.

Finally got a Mael -- then blow both my enchant runes (prem, and reg) on it with 50% success rate.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

ArchWizard posted:

First weekend giveaway. I got the expected stamps and unbind potions. This is the random title I got:

Not enough :catstare: in the world for this.

I got In Need of Carry :wow: Nexon knows me to well.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

ArchWizard posted:

Since the patch, I noticed that drops from Perilous Ruins and Hoarfrost Hollow now NPC for 0 gold. I also noticed that equipment drops that NPC for 0 gold cannot be dismantled. Today, while checking the Vindictus forums for today's bingo missions, I found out that this is part of an attempt to frustrate gold-farming bots. In addition to making low-level drops worthless, low-level missions give absolutely no money as a reward. A side effect is that it's now borderline impossible for completely new players to get money since the only way to get money is to put drops on the market and whoops it's not as if those drops are worth anything to the people who have money.

Nexon: Kind of Dumb.

Yeah, but they also *hand* you everything you'd ever need till level 20 when you start getting money.

I am leveling a Hurk and didn't need gold at all. As a side note, they completely changed the Anile quest poo poo and its a little strange.

PS> Hurk is recockulous

BI NOW GAY LATER fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Jun 2, 2014

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

ArchWizard posted:

Golden Time Week 3 is here:

Vindictus is the game that keeps on giving. Come back next week for even better events and prizes.
Free graces is pretty much the best possible event to get in terms of fun. 2x EXP and panda fursuits don't quite compare to being able to flip out on hard bosses without worrying about dying. Not that I think Premium Enchant Runes suck; they're a really good thing to get, too.
[/quote]

TIME TO GRIND FOR ENCHANTS

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Bakalakadaka posted:

Perfect event to try soloing new hero mode bosses :getin:.

I will prolly spend the entire event running hero Lost Road or Larkan for Mael scrolls if anyone wants in. Or Gate Keeper for Enthusiastic.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Unless you hadn't opened your box yet because you were saving it until you had a weapon to use the coupon on. Then you get nothing.

Heh

ArchWizard posted:

Lynn is coming to Vindictus NA this month holy shiiiiiiiiit

EDIT: Nexon admitted they hosed up with the +3 event and that they worded the announcement really badly, so everybody got +2 enhance coupons. Hooray!

This has to be one of the quicker turn-arounds on us getting Korean content.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Bakalakadaka posted:

Well you obviously have to get a new weapon for your free +10 coupon (no one is getting anything higher than 10 this is Vindictus).

Hey now. Someone will get a +15 coupon. They will doubtlessly already have a +15 Skeleton Weapon of their class choice, but you know.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

My Lann is Ready for the Cup!

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Monolith. posted:

So what skills and armor would you all recommend for Lynn?

yeah what ramen said. I'd hang towards plate and heavy until you get used to her, then if you're good just go hogwild on some light armor and spend a billion dollars to put well-balanced/enthus on it

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Yeah I play on East, usually on Wizzzard in a guild with another good.

:colbert: That's right. I am good.

If you ever need help with anything or want in our guild, message me on steam @ Andichu or catch me on IGN Jesselyin.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

ArchWizard posted:

If you can't stand seeing your character in dumb underwear: Pretty quickly
Otherwise: You'll be able to reach the 60s or even the 70s before you really feel the need to buy runes for enchanting and enhancing. Until then, you can buy passable gear from other players via the marketplace using gold.

Yeah. You really don't have to worry about dropping money on runes till 70's tbh. And other than hair and underwear...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

dichloroisocyanuric posted:

that sounds fine to me. I mean, I see no reason why I should play a game like this all the way to level loving 70 and feel like the developers owe me free entertainment.

Really, they will actually owe you a tiny piece of your soul.

• Locked thread