Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GaylordButts
Feb 19, 2009
What is the goon population like on here? Like A Somebody was pretty quiet, but also nobody can join at the moment so that certainly can't help. Are there enough of us on East for it to be worth starting a new guild?

Alternatively, is West that much busier? I'd be pretty sad to have to start over, as I've spent quite a bit of time on my East characters but I think it'd be worth it to have some goons to play with if Diabetic Dogs is poppin'. Also, wasn't that guild previously called Fart Lords? Was that deemed to be treason?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GaylordButts
Feb 19, 2009
I'll try to come up with a clever name and create one when I get home this evening. Hopefully something Gallagher related.

GaylordButts
Feb 19, 2009
I've (re?)created FartLords, now for Eastjerks on the East server. Are you on the East server? Are you looking for goons, on the East server? Join the FartLords, ya turkey. Anything less would just be treason.

GaylordButts fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Oct 12, 2013

GaylordButts
Feb 19, 2009

koekje4life posted:

It won't work, because it doesn't see the controller after it has launched vindictus when I plug it in.

What other USB devices do you have connected? Oddly enough, I've had games in the past get upset because I had both a gamepad and a joystick connected.

GaylordButts
Feb 19, 2009

RoyalScion posted:

EDIT: welp, guess some of these packages actually contain gear, if only my game didn't crash every time I try to read mail in my mailbox :nexon:.

I seem to recall crashing less if I opened mail that actually had attachments and crashing every time I looked at an attachment I already collected. Still plenty of crashing to be had.

GaylordButts
Feb 19, 2009

Geburan posted:

I like Evie because she is really flexible with her different powers. I just started a Kai, and he seems to absolutely destroy everything. Never tried Karok, and Vella seemed underpowered, but that may have just been in comparison to Kai.

Karok is great; beat the crap out of people and send their ragdolls flying. Punch a boss or something.

Also, who are these people?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

GaylordButts
Feb 19, 2009
Just to clarify, as I don't want to run into more people who are unaware, staff Evie is not a healer. She gets a long cooldown res skill, a two minute cooldown skill that puts 4 healing orbs on the ground in front of you, an ability that lets her pick up items and turn them into a bunch of the little healing crystals that has a bit of a cast animation and no cooldown, and a SP-based regen ability. Touching the orbs heals you and puts on a debuff that doesn't let the healing orbs work on you again for 2 minutes, so you can't stack multiple staff users. Staff Evie is primarily a mage, and does a good amount of ranged damage with a couple skills granting a freeze effect.

Much like Diablo, there is no healing class and you're expected to keep yourself alive. Please do not complain that the staff Evie is not doing their job because your crappy Lann is taking another dirt nap. Thanks!

E: ^^ Oh yeah, staff Evie is my highest class and certainly owns. If you aren't using the healing skills you aren't playing the class to it's fullest, but it's a far cry from a healer. You're built to blow things up and Zelda-crystal away at the last second to bounce off level geometry.

GaylordButts fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Nov 19, 2013

GaylordButts
Feb 19, 2009

Fingers of Fury posted:

I read "visceral" in the first paragraph of the OP and I immediately turned my brain off. Do you work for IGN or something?

I think it's an adequately apt adjective.

GaylordButts
Feb 19, 2009

Fingers of Fury posted:

You have no idea how long I've waited for a game where you can kill someone with your own intestines. Or do you choke them to death with their own? Which character is it?

You are aware words have more than one definition, right?

GaylordButts
Feb 19, 2009

Fingers of Fury posted:

You have no idea how long I've waited for a game where you use your reflexes and muscle memory. Is hand eye coordination also included?

Included in the game? No, this isn't the Matrix so you'll have to learn it the old fashioned way. Is it required to play it? Why yes, yes it is!

I'm glad that I could help you along your journey to understanding the English language. Usually when I come upon an imbecile, they flail about and cling to whatever idea they began with regardless of it's stupidity. Please enjoy Vindictus!

GaylordButts
Feb 19, 2009

Appoda posted:

Thanks for the invite! Could you also invite ColonInjury, Tasnim, and Maitatsine? They're other characters I'm using, and they might as well wrack up guild points or whatever when I feel like playing a not-Fiona. Also, is it alright to invite non-goons if they're cool people? I mostly play with a friend of mine, and he goes under Romato.

Sure, you can vouch for 'em. Just post names so I know who to accept.

Fingers of Fury posted:

Hmm on second thought that doesn't tell me anything besides it's an action game I think I'll pass.

Splendid! Looking forward to not seeing you in game. :)

GaylordButts
Feb 19, 2009

Fingers of Fury posted:

No need to be so visceral and in my face about it.

e: I'm sorry things didn't work out, maybe if you included the words "cinematic" or "immersive" or "goty contender" or "epic" or "genre defining mmo" or "fun" I would understand what the combat was about.

I thought you were not going to play this game, but here you are! Still in this thread, still makin' bad posts. That's okay, I know there isn't much you can do about it. You're so intrigued by the OP, you just have to know what this is all about! It has action gameplay enabled by modified Source Engine™!

Shh, it's okay. You can play it for yourself, no big deal f2p. You can have a Good Time killing things for your god and nobody has to know about your posts. You want a gamepad support? Go for it! You want a Premium Inner Armor? Not without paying Nexon. You want gear crafting and customization? Probably not. Free-to-Play!

GaylordButts
Feb 19, 2009
Too much beating, not enough smoking.

Solution: Move The MMO HMO to TCC. "All the addicts under one roof!"

GaylordButts
Feb 19, 2009
Sorry, I've been at my parents house for the holiday. Guild requests have been sorted and non-posters have been summarily rejected. Truly shameful.

GaylordButts
Feb 19, 2009

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

No. I am not. gently caress him and all his stupid quests.

They also better not kill Milo. And if they do, they better make it as horrifyingly needleslly graphic as Ellis

I literally cannot imagine a person that is upset over Vindictus spoilers.

GaylordButts
Feb 19, 2009

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

What channel is the east clan on? I am in a guild already that I have paid money for storage, so I don't want to switch clans, but channel 100 is p lonely.

The new East guild, FartLords, was created relatively recently as nobody still playing can accept invites to Like A Somebody. We don't have a ton of people yet, but apply and post your name in the thread and I'll get you in. I still have a character in the old guild and see some people are signing on, so there are likely more goons who haven't transitioned yet; likely people who don't keep up with the thread. Friends are welcome too, just do some posts. If I can figure out some other people goony enough to check the thread before accepting apps I can promote some officers, but I've been around since beta; I'm not going anywhere.

As far as channel 100 goes, I wasn't aware that was a thing. We can probably make that a thing? I'm kinda surprised 100 is empty, it seems like a number someone would be using already.

GaylordButts
Feb 19, 2009
Anything but Lann should be fine.

GaylordButts
Feb 19, 2009
He doesn't bring anything special to the table, but mostly in my experience Lann players tend to die quickly and contribute little. Spin2win?? :shrug:

GaylordButts
Feb 19, 2009

Elswyyr posted:

Are there any games like this that aren't operated by Nexon with all that entails? Because gently caress Nexon.

Not really, which is probably why this thing is still around. TERA packages the movement and boss battles in an MMO form, but loses the action game feel. I've played enough Warframe to conclude it's not something I want to get into. Blade & Soul is supposed to be decent but it's still just an Asian beta.

GaylordButts
Feb 19, 2009

Elswyyr posted:

I GUESS I'LL PLAY IT SOME MORE THEN *kicks pebble*. I'm having a bit of a problem deciding what class to play, though. Which one plays the most like a Platinum game? Talking lots of dodging and big combos.

Metal Gear Rising: REVENGEANCE.

GaylordButts
Feb 19, 2009
Huh, guess it didn't like that driver update. I'll accept you once I can run the game again.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

GaylordButts
Feb 19, 2009
Not really; it's been a while since the East server has seen a large, active goon population.

GaylordButts
Feb 19, 2009
Looks like the new beta drivers fix whatever was going on with the last set. FartLords is actually already level 14. Get your guild sanctioned skill drugs and pop some pills!

GaylordButts
Feb 19, 2009
Might just be the people playing him, but I recall Lann always seemed really sleepy and needed to take a lot of impromptu naps.

If you want to beat the poo poo out of everything and have a fun time, you can't go wrong with Hurk or Karok.

GaylordButts
Feb 19, 2009

Bauxite posted:

Edit: Applied to FartLords as Rhodite, but it looks like basically no one in there plays still?

Nobody really plays. I was logging in to keep accepting people for a while, but if anyone was ever playing it was alone, and nobody kept logging in for very long. The active East goons are in various pubbie guilds.

GaylordButts
Feb 19, 2009

Bakalakadaka posted:

The servers have also been exceptionally laggy all week as well because they are garbage and don't handle high player volume very well.
Also, Nexon.

As far as FartLords goes, I'm still around. I've played this game off and on since it was a Fiona and Lann-only beta (missed the very first one). So we still have guild control, but we've never had enough active members to do anything. If we seem to have enough goons and want to try get it going I can definitely approve and promote people, but the guild has been largely inactive for probably a year at this point. Playing with pubbies is a bit of a necessity if you want to be able to do any of the high level stuff.

GaylordButts
Feb 19, 2009
Meditation is the best skill, always max it first. It certainly makes Evie more manageable.

GaylordButts
Feb 19, 2009
The East "SA Guild" was/is FartLords. I'm GM so we still have someone with control over it, but we never really got the numbers to do anything worthwhile. I think most active goons on East are in Lion Heart.

GaylordButts
Feb 19, 2009
What staff Evie glitches should I be taking advantage of? Is it mostly raid-specific stuff that I haven't seen at level 55 yet? She seems to do okay, I just don't have as easy a time soloing bosses as I do with Fiona, Karok, Hurk, etc.

GaylordButts
Feb 19, 2009
It's free but can be kinda grindy. The newer characters are straight up better and more fun than the old ones, so pick someone that isn't Lann, Fiona, or Evie and you'll have a good time. You'll likely get bored before most of you escape lovely Hoarfrost Hollows, but it's free so who cares. Make sure to buy at least one rank of the skill Meditation in case you ever decide to come back to the game later, you'll suddenly be awash in skill points. No need to level Meditation past the first rank.

They recently revamped Lann, he might not be as bad as he used to be. He used to be pretty bad, and I know pretty much everyone newer is fun to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GaylordButts
Feb 19, 2009

mfny posted:

Managed to get on US servers via VPN. No idea how viable this will be ping wise(Any way to get ping in game ?)

Made a Fiona named Leashya, applied to Fartlords on East.

Fartlords really just mostly exists in glorious name only these days, I'm not sure where people are actively playing on East or if goons are just scattered about.

All my characters are Fartlords but I rarely feel the need to log in these days.

• Locked thread