Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Is there an easy way to get restarted? Long ago I got hacked because of Nexon "security" measures and haven't played since; I have all of 80k gold to my name, as well as some tons of compensation garbage in my mailbox; is any of this actually worth something?

EDIT: welp, guess some of these packages actually contain gear, if only my game didn't crash every time I try to read mail in my mailbox :nexon:.

RoyalScion fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Oct 26, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Well, I fumbled my way through Hoarfrost Depths, at least I remember how to counterattack.

These levels are pretty much barren though, I guess everybody has long passed these missions.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
How exactly do these season 2 dungeons work? I see all these different parts and poo poo, it seems quite a bit different than the S1 dungeons.

Also I'm regretting making a Vella, should have gone back to old trusty Fiona.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Should I do s2 dungeons after s1? I notice they have some level-scaling setting or something.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
I picked up a heartless enchant scroll, and have no idea if it's worth anything.

As for east, I mostly just run around facetanking stuff with my broken body, but usually if you sit a boat for a bit some high level dude will carry you through. Waiting for S1 Royal Army raids to fill up can be a pain though.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
On the other hand, in traditional Nexon fashion they seem to have screwed something up and bugged the enchanting system to have a ridiculous rate of success; thus, +15s are spawning left and right.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009

Literally Esoteric posted:

The way I figure, grinding blows and endgame blows. So being 'behind' just means you get to play the game.

On the other hand the low level boats are pretty deserted and a lot of the fun in Vindictus is running around in a suplex hit squad throwing all the gnolls/trolls/goblins into rocks. Or missing dodges and blocks so your corpse gets thrown halfway across the map for your party mates to heckle you about.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
I think part of it is even with the QoL buffs that the older characters have gotten they still lag behind the newer ones.

I say this as a hammer Fiona player though, so take that with a grain of salt. (Seriously, most of Fiona's SP skills are mediocre. Focal Point, really?)

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
In general it's easier to do DPS with range characters with Kai and CB vella, just because you don't have to dodge or block as much. Until you get super gear and can just faceroll everything, in a lot of raids/bosses you'll probably never top any dps numbers; even more so that bosses continually get faster and have more bullshit attacks.

Also most of Lann and Fiona's SP skills are shittastic in comparison to those of the newer characters.

RoyalScion fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Jan 19, 2014

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Also I don't really think it's that the devs are better at character design, it's more that they designed their newer characters to more easily deal with the super-fast teleport huge attack range raid bosses that turned up.

Keaghan is already an annoying piece of poo poo as Fiona unless you have like 70 aspd (which I don't). Iset is even worse.

As for SP skills, Slashing High is really the best Fiona and Lann get; and it isn't even that great unless you pop stimulants and get uber gear since you lose all your iframes when using it, so it's easy to just take like 4-5 hits in a row and explode.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009

ArchWizard posted:

The Vindictus Sun Also Rises:

A total revamp of the cash shop? What could this meaaaan

They will raise prices on everything then add in .00000001% chance to get cash shop items from bosses.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Servers are up but double AP/Exp isn't working. Nexon.txt

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009

ttocs7 posted:

It's only until 9PM PST isn't it?

Oh, was it? I don't really read these things, figured it was the whole time. Good thing it was too laggy 75% of the time to actually play the game :pcgaming:.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Servers have been relatively not poo poo during double AP/EXP on East, at least so that's nice. Forgot how much fun this game is before you get to all the grindy bullshit at the end for .00000000000000001% drops. On the other hand, since level cap is going up again maybe 70+ gear that's not Nighthawk will be marginally affordable now.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Dunno, being able to put together a 70+ armor set that's not nighthawk for like 10-20m would be nice; weapons have already severely dropped in price from the last time I played.

Arisha will probably be sitting in wonderland set or some other lvl 60 int set until the end of time though.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
At least for me it's the combination of some new stuff (all the new characters are more interesting to play than the older ones (i.e. Lann/Fiona/Evie) for various reasons) and some stuff has been streamlined so I don't have to redo the same map 20 times.

There's actually people in the lower level boats too thanks to the new character. Dunno if I'll get bored around endgame again though, it's pretty soulcrushing and running TD a bunch of times in a row gets old pretty quickly.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
The later equipment set titles are pretty pricey though, so stockpile your gold. Think I"m still missing most of the lvl 60 set titles because I am a poor.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009

ArchWizard posted:

If I get my Lynn or Fiona high enough to craft the level 60 sets, I might leave copies of them in guild storage for title get purposes.

I'm on East though, I think you're on West.

I'll probably just buy them and then dump them back on the market I guess.

EDIT: it hasn't been too bad the last few days during the double XP/AP but it's pretty bad right now.

EDIT2: Every time I think nexon is getting better they return to incompetence.

RoyalScion fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Dec 28, 2014

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Soloed Blood Lord today to help get the title for kicking him to death twice. Forgot that sheathing mana blade returns the crystal to you. :smith: Guess I"ll come back later when it doesn't take 10 minutes to whittle his health down.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Alternatively, get a bunch of super-geared people to steamroll him for you :effort:

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Reached the old breaking point where there's nothing to do but raids and TD, but I'm barely rich enough to afford anything. At least double AP/EXP make doing 50-69 TD forever slightly less grating.

It's too bad so much of the old content isn't really played any more, some of the formorian base and sewers missions are reasonably interesting, although gently caress Ortel Castle forever.

EDIT: forgot you get free enchant scrolls you can sell, although I guess they're still not marketable so I'll have to turn to the cesspool that is nexon forums I guess.

RoyalScion fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Jan 2, 2015

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009

ArchWizard posted:

I don't recommend farming anything. Do your raids, do your dailies, sell whatever drops, and don't worry too much about getting the best gear. You won't get the best gear if you burn out and quit.

Just trying to hit 70 and then buy some 60 armor + a 70 weapon; I'm at least somewhat sane enough (even though I"m playing this game :suicide:) to realize I'll never be able to afford 80 gear ever.

It's slightly more lively in the older maps due to new character as always, but if I wanted to farm up some stuff for Black Hammer or other FBase/sewers gear it'd take awhile.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
For the time being I'd just like to upgrade my cadet armor/irukul stuff I've been wearing since the 50s; people are starting to get kickhappy when they see that old gear. (and I guess I don't blame them too much)

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
You'd have to be an idiot to trade your stuff for quality boosting; naturally, that means a bunch of people have already lost their stuff.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Really I have no idea if people just spend way too much money on this game or a bunch of free megaphones were given out at some point in Vindictus history, but the amount of general garbage and nonsense in megaphone chat is astounding considering the things cost real money.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Kind of wish nexon didn't take down the event announcements because I don't really remember the exact limitations on these coupons.

EDIT: nothing but min rolls on my random items; on the other hand I rolled the dice at Ferghus and got my weapon to +11 via the premium enhance rune.

RoyalScion fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Jan 6, 2015

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009

Bakalakadaka posted:

That rune doesn't expire so you can also save it for the crazy level 90 poo poo we get in like a year maybe.

vvvsupposedly they are completely changing the way loot works at 90, so there will be 3 'tiers' of gear that correspond to level 80, 90, and 100-level gear, with the 80 and 90 mats being fairly easy to get.

On the other hand, it's all relative and "fairly easy to get" is pretty easy to achieve when the current chances of actually getting something rare are actually like what, .5%?

Also the servers have been absolutely terrible today and I can't even get a boat off the docks.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009

Hy_C posted:

Maybe I'm doing something wrong but everyone says to go 3BH/2swift when you hit 60 but that seems pretty expensive.

It's cheap in the grand scheme of things. Sell your enchant scrolls you'll get later from leveling and you should have more than enough to afford a set.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Think I"ll drop back into this game a bit, but I'm betting maintenance will be extended by at least 3x the original amount.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Surprise levels: 0 that nexon hosed something up. Ah well, better go get my free stuff anyways.

• Locked thread