Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Gallagher voted best npc forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Cinderful posted:

First time hearing about this, but it looks interesting. How is the pvp "scene" in comparison to GW2?

If you're looking for pvp this really isn't the game for you. There's a few gimmick pvp modes and then one that gives actual rewards but is terrible and not even remotely balanced.

If you really want to pvp in this though there's a handful of people (on east anyway) that usually do it at night.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

That necklace costs 17 dollars and you would be better off just buying gold and using that to buy a +10 weapon (except for level 80 weapons). Or buy 4 enhancement runes which will probably get you to +10 and then you have a +10 that isn't going to expire in a month.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Lazy Programming posted:

Well I started playing this game again after trying a different game that managed to be this game but worse, any goons playing on the east server? I'm currently playing whatever the dual-wielding lady named Laziest.

I play a Vella on East named Holodeck, I'm also an admin in a pubby guild if you want to join a guild for those sweet sweet mediocre guild bonuses.

vvv Spend it all on 30% off weapon boxes and then regret wasting it all for like 10000 fishing rods :unsmigghh:

Bakalakadaka fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Sep 29, 2013

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Shine posted:

Man, hitting Clash on a huge boss is satisfying, as is punching out smaller bosses and breaking zombies' spines in half. What I'm saying is there's nothing better in life than being a huge Samoan-looking guy holding a tree.

If you haven't fought Siglint yet just wait til you fight him because his clash is the best.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Elswyyr posted:

I wanna try playing Karok, but I saw some people mention that he gets really bad in the late game, and pretty much only spams one attack over and over? Is this true? I just want to hit dudes with clubs and punch them.

Karok owns and every class basically has a 'best' attack to spam most of the time so just go hit stuff with trees and gently caress bosses with your big beefy meat hands.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Pierson posted:

Wish EU got half the cool poo poo the US got. :(

It's ok all you get from bingo is like 2 pieces of trash unless you pay 30 dollars.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

ArchWizard posted:

Season 1 daily endbosses drop tickets now, so you might get a blackout without paying realbux for numbers.

EDIT:

Well now that's a little different than last time.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

OSad posted:

Is the game still North America only? I was one of those people who thought the game looked great and really wanted in the open beta, but had to use proxies to play. Then I moved into the Chinese server in favor of not using a proxy, but realized too late that the ping was just as bad as one with the proxy AND I couldn't read any mandarin. Drat!

That was never really well-justified. The game's dependent on latency a bit, but not THAT much from what I've played (admittedly, not very much). And you already separate players into their own boats where they can see latency and poo poo! Why block the game off?

If you're in Australia or North America you can play on east/west/aus (no one plays on aus though), there's a slightly different version of the game for Europe, and then Korea has both versions and I think Japan and China have it too but I'm not sure which versions they get.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

I am ok with this bingo.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Looks like they are doing a whole bunch of poo poo for the third anniversary :stare:.
http://vindictus.nexon.net/News/Content.aspx?boardNo=200&contentNo=00HFW

Handin' out all kinds of free poo poo, week-long events, and a new pet and a shitload of AP if you log in every day between oct 30 and nov 20.

Also an enhancement 1 shot event (chance for straight to +8 for 800,000 gold) which started yesterday. Hope you got stuff to enhance and piles of money (I don't).

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

There are going to be so many Hurks.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

I got a 30-day 50 def scroll lmao.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Every class owns (except Lann). Vella is most definitely not underpowered, she's probably the best soloer with swords and chainblades give you really high ranged damage.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Apparently we get season 2 episode 3 tomorrow :getin:.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

ArchWizard posted:

[Happening-Intensifies.gif]

Some of this stuff is pretty good, so that's nice.

Yes, the outfits are stupid. It wouldn't be steampunk if they weren't stupid. There's also a new inner armor for the ladies. They're described as being steampunk as well, but they don't have any gears or steam engines on them so I'm calling bullshit.

The pocketknife is essentially another way for the enhancing system to be stupid bullshit. I guess it works by giving you a thing to enhance instead of gear and if you get the knife to +11 or higher, you can turn it in and get a coupon that lets you transfer the enhance level to something else. I... don't really get it?

The pocket knife basically lets you try for high level enhances (up to +13 I'm hearing) but you explode real money instead of your level 80 weapon worth 1 billion gold.

And I almost want to get the steampunk hat just because goggles and monocle at the same time is the stupidest thing ever.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Whatever the +15 exploit/bug is seems to only be affecting level 60 weapons, I haven't seen any 70 or 80 +15s linked in megas on East, and I've seen a few people blow up level 80 weapons.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Literally Esoteric posted:

Oh my god shut the gently caress up and play video games.

E: Why does no one play Malina until level 70?

The main story in Colhen/Rocheste usually gets you into the 60s and maybe to 70 if you grind a bit. Most people ignore Malina stuff before 70 because nothing worthwhile drops in the sub-70 versions of the battles (except for kraken ink and lakoria poison flasks in 50-69).

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

coconono posted:

saw this got decent marks on Steam so I'm throwing this into my weekend play. I'm coconono on the East Coast server. Is there anyone else playing?

I'm not in a goon guild but if you want help with stuff on East I play a level 80 Vella named Holodeck.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Hy_C posted:

Is leveling still the same at higher levels? I got burned out grinding hidden back when I played.

Leveling past 60 is still pretty slow, and past 70 is extremely slow (like 14 million xp per level). The good news is that grinding Hidden or Colhen in Flames is terrible now because they nerfed the poo poo out of the exp you get from them.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

ArchWizard posted:

Maintenance tomorrow or possibly Friday. Nexon is adding the season 3 raids.

Also of interest, maybe:

Yeahhh, I don't think anything will stop people from grinding Hidden.

I'm pretty sure halving the exp you got mostly stopped people from grinding hidden in favor of Twilight Desert runs.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

OnceIWasAnOstrich posted:

I just discovered season 2. I have to say it is really really hard to solo a boss like Kaula at level 52 when you are forced into the 50-69 bracket. 9 health bars, a second boss that you can't kill first, enclosed space, can kill you in one combo if it all hits. Think I need to go back to season 1 for a while.

The 50-69 bracket is actually designed for 60+, and you can pick any level bracket when you start a season 2 boat. The 8-29 bracket is nice for AP daily runs.

Huh, I could have sworn I breezed through my story on 8-29 at level 80.

Bakalakadaka fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Dec 7, 2013

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

http://vindictus.nexon.net/News/Content.aspx?boardNo=undefined&contentNo=00HPw

Looks like its time for HURK tomorrow. Also a good chance of 10+ hours of extended maintenance if the episode 3 patch is any indication!

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

I feel like Lynn is an attempt to steal TERA's pedophile population.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

This is basically what happens to the servers any time there is an event that gives people a reason to log on (like leveling new characters) because the servers run on potatoes and hamsters and can't handle the extra load.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

washow posted:

So I played this game when it first came out in the US and while it was super fun, the lags were loving terrible.

Is it any better now? More fun??

Still super fun, still terrible lags sometimes always whenever the gently caress.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Do The Evolution posted:

The real problem with Lann is that he has both an extremely high skill ceiling and a very high skill floor. Lann's dodge is his only form of mitigation and if you gently caress it up you basically die instantly. It is not forgiving in the slightest. There are videos of people like Raidhunter who, true to his name, solos raids with both sword and spear Lann in displays of incredible skill and amazing understanding of hitboxes. Unfortunately for the rest of the populace, they aren't Raidhunter. This leads to an excess of Lanns who just can't hack it - the average player is simply not good enough to play Lann in raids. I'm not even partaking in the typical goon pastime of looking down my nose at terrible pubbies, it's just straight up really bad class design and it's not really the fault of the Lann players that they can't keep up with equally skilled players of other classes. This creates situations like the post above mine, where every Lann you see (except for the ones toting full +15 gear and spears, whip out that credit card now) will 99% of the time either eat poo poo multiple times in a raid or contribute next to nothing in damage due to cautiousness.

Basically Lann is broken and the devs know but don't want to change him because (???). You know that they know because the classes that came later have much improved dodge mechanics and as such you don't really hear anything about them from pubbies or Koreans and on top of that he continually receives meagre buffs. I don't know how they would even fix him unless they wanted to completely change the way his dodge worked, but apparently they don't want to do that. Also, it's definitely not just this thread that hates him. Even among pubbies and on the official forums it's a widely acknowledged fact that Lann isn't up to par.

e: Goddamn I've been playing Hurk for the past half hour or so and the way his mitigation works makes me so happy. I wish Lann was half this synergistic and entertaining.

Don't forget the rich Lanns with 12k defense that just facetank every boss because defense is weird in this game.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Literally Esoteric posted:

I see Lanns facetank things, and I always assumed that their ability to do 3 dodge-steps in a row with invulnerability frames was actually really good.

Regardless, the reason I consider Lanns to be scrubs is because they don't help their teammates in any way as far as I can see. Evies use grav and res and heal or insane reaper, Fionas tank and taunt and knock down, Karoks tank and taunt and clash, Kais chain things down and breakoff and kite, Vellas have a disable 'ult' and buff or break . . . Lanns just block my vision and use up my feathers and coronas.

I just don't know what else he brings to the party.

The only really unique thing you could say Lann has is the highest potential dps on things that don't fight back, which is basically kraken head and bark so yeah.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Elswyyr posted:

Yes, is there a Raiden class?

Sword Vella is kind of similar to Raiden. Cross cut works a lot like parry countering but you skip the parrying part and just counter (or die if you don't have a good connection).

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

I haven't played around with it too much yet but I am liking the crosscut changes so far, and the typhoon slash change should be good for dps in trans or with focus stims and otherwise useless. RIP storm step-tumult blade combo.

In other news you still want to face your target most of the time for crosscut because the first hit sends you straight forward.

Bakalakadaka fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Jan 24, 2014

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Help I have 400 titles now what have I done with my life.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

ArchWizard posted:

You should get more titles because there are three associated with Charles Expedition. One is for beating it once, another is for beating it fifty times, and the third...

Charles Expedition is fun, though a bit tiring. It's a literal on-rails shooter and you shoot at ergs in the walls and sometimes Charles throws ink bombs at you. Your mounted gun starts with basic shots, but you can shoot crates to get explosive shots, buckshot, or a laser beam.

The laser is pretty awesome, and the title for beating new Charles race was #400 for me :ssh:

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Dick Burglar posted:

Update: re-downloaded on Steam, running the Vindictus.exe file does not work, same instant crash after the Devcat logo.

This loving game.

Edit: the game occasionally lets me get online for whatever reason, only to crash when I try to open my mail. Score! (Apparently this is avoided by not opening the actual letters and just claiming items from the main mail menu.)

Yeah mail has been broke as poo poo for a while and instead of fixing it they just added a window that pops up when you accept a COD so you can see the item (and you crash if your mouse goes over the window).

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Its more like 500 times to get 1/5 of the fangs you need cmon now.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

When they say you could get wings or enchant runes that just means "we hope you like fishing rods and goddess grace and merc pots and consumables that give you +1 balance for 20 minutes."

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

So apparently there is a new boss coming with an interesting qte :staredog:
:nws: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2yyavoZM5Y :nws:

Cannot wait to fight this boss and watch everyone fail the qte lmao.

edit: lmao

Bakalakadaka fucked around with this message at 20:29 on May 2, 2014

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Can we change the thread title to "Wilhelm Nipple Dungeon"

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Tequila posted:

I logged in for the first time in over a year and all of my lowbie characters have like 24k AP even after maxing out all of the skills I could afford to buy. I guess I'll be playing for a while longer. Is gold hard to come by?

Gold is pretty hard to come by because you get fuckall from running missions and everything worth money has super low droprates. Fortunately money isn't too important til you get to 70+ and want to get a good weapon or armor.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

RIP jump (the only thing I ever used it for was flying with Vella).

vvv supposedly they've changed all the bosses where jumping was intended for dodging poo poo so you can dodge them without jumping. I won't notice because Vella could storm step all of them anyway :v:.

Bakalakadaka fucked around with this message at 19:42 on May 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Perfect event to try soloing new hero mode bosses :getin:.

• Locked thread