Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Oh, it is Tom behind the door. Big surprise.

Also, who is the freakishly tall guy? Credits don't come up with much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Lizzy should do the Foghorn Leghorn bit where she makes Tom chase her to the foot of the stairs when the chain link tauts and he falls over and then Lizzy drops an anvil on his head or whoops his rear end with a 2x4.

Robnoxious fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Oct 28, 2014

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Always searching for North.

Octy posted:

Carel Struycken.

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007

Octy posted:

It's weird, he's not listed on IMDb yet, but I'm absolutely positive that's Carel Struycken, aka Lurch from the Addams Family movies.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Who the gently caress plays Ezra? He looks/sounds really familiar and Googling comes up with nothing.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
that opening had one of the cooler looking dead bodies I've seen on tv.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
It's exactly the same thing Agents of SHIELD did, but worse!

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I like how they had a guy who went to downtown New York in the 1300s (and, it seems, one writer who realized this wasn't possible and threw in a single throwaway line about how he did it 100 years before Columbus) and just so happened to die with the disease in a spot that they eventually built a church on top of. But his 14th century mason jar full of ebola survived perfectly!

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Oh but I forgot my favourite part.

*Agent Mossad gets shot*
"No I'll come in and also get infected to help you not bleed out!!!!"
*comes into the room, puts her arm around Mossad's shoulders, bitches about her life while not helping her colleague do anything about the whole bleeding out thing*

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

HookShot posted:

Oh but I forgot my favourite part.

*Agent Mossad gets shot*
"No I'll come in and also get infected to help you not bleed out!!!!"
*comes into the room, puts her arm around Mossad's shoulders, bitches about her life while not helping her colleague do anything about the whole bleeding out thing*

I had the closed captions on for the last episode. The first time Mossad lady spoke, it was an off-camera voice, and the CC captioned her as "Meera:".

So...yeah. Evidently the people who do that can't tell the difference either.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Carel Struycken does not look well

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?

sbaldrick posted:

Carel Struycken does not look well

Has he ever?

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

richardfun posted:

Has he ever?

At one time he looked much healthier, but he has lived a long time for someone with his condition.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

KatWithHands posted:

It's weird, he's not listed on IMDb yet, but I'm absolutely positive that's Carel Struycken, aka Lurch from the Addams Family movies.
Thanks, I knew that sickly, sallow acromegalyic visage was familiar somehow! Also the weird spaceman who kept heroically child abducting Wesley Crusher on TNG, lol

TheRationalRedditor fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Oct 29, 2014

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

sbaldrick posted:

At one time he looked much healthier, but he has lived a long time for someone with his condition.

He looks pretty good for 66.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Octy posted:

Is he a torso in a chair or what, because I seem to remember Lizzie saying she'd basically cut him down to that if she got the chance.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
Can someone give me a synopsis of what has happened after about the midway point of season one?

I missed the official revelations about Tom and any other major plot points.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

TheRationalRedditor posted:

Also the weird spaceman who kept heroically child abducting Wesley Crusher on TNG, lol

"This is Picard calling to all crew - please direct warm and loving thoughts to an entity on board who goes by the name of 'The Traveler.' I know you would all follow my orders without question, simply because I'm *me*, but this time, I want you to *really* listen to me. He's promised to take Wesley Crusher away with him for an indeterminate and indefinite amount of time if we do this for him."

*dude gets so much good vibes he becomes a singularity*

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Nov 2, 2014

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Always searching for North.

TheRationalRedditor posted:

Thanks, I knew that sickly, sallow acromegalyic visage was familiar somehow! Also the weird spaceman who kept heroically child abducting Wesley Crusher on TNG, lol

No, he played Mr. Homn. The Traveler was played by some other guy.

Edit: Memory Alpha says the Traveler was played by Eric Menyuk.

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
Look, Tom being locked in the basement could still be a sex thing. We don't know for sure.

Only the fanfic authors do.

Manofmanusernames
Jul 27, 2012

Jackass.
So...I'm I the only one who's been enjoying this show unironically from the beginning? I don't really understand all the hate this show is getting on SA.

I mean I'm not going to tell you it's genius or anything or even that good. I know it's really stupid but that's why I like it. The plot lines can get so pulpy and insane most of the time it's great! The Villains are so over the top that they probably be more at home fighting batman then on network TV.

Actually the more You think about the more you realize just how comicbook-y the whole thing is. That's the main reason I like it so much.

But yeah the writers should spend less time thinking of "mysteries" because they're not good at it. They should spend more time thinking of what ridiculous gimmick/superpower that next week's guest star will have.

Also more Pee Wee.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
It's B-Level Gold, puffed up by Spader's Spadering (I don't know what else to call it). For what it is, I unironically like it, too.

And if I were on the writing team, I'd embrace the pulp and make it even more B-movie. poo poo, I'd bend over backwards to bring in Bruce Campbell as one of The Numbers. Someone in the irc, #satviv, even suggested bringing in John Noble to straight up reprise Walternate. You can have more fun with the material when it's B-level, when it's pulpy.

Although I will file a complaint about the drug-addicted guy. Not a fan of drug addiction arcs like that. He would've been best as [Generic Reliable Partner] but I've got my fingers crossed they're going to have him go dirty and bounce back as a Fusco: Redux kind of deal, if you watch Person of Interest.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

CaptainCaveman posted:

No, he played Mr. Homn. The Traveler was played by some other guy.

Edit: Memory Alpha says the Traveler was played by Eric Menyuk.
The trivia is funnier with the misinformation.

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS

Manofmanusernames posted:

Also more Pee Wee.

This. The addition of Paul Rubens this season has been great and I hope we get to see more of him. I enjoy watching Spader interact with him and the actor who plays Dembe.

FBI scenes make for good time to go use the bathroom or grab a snack. You don't miss much.

Also, you can add me to the list of people who enjoy the show. The FBI are incompetent and terrible, but they just add to the charm. :3:

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

That swerve was god drat Russo-esque

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
Haha:

Accretionist posted:

... if you watch Person of Interest.

A character named John Reese was no accident. Someone at The Blacklist watches Person of Interest.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

I figured out every twist in this episode but I still give it decent marks for lifting the plot drat near entirely from that ridiculously cool iranian nuclear scientist assassination a few years back. Tweedle Dum and Dumber are lucky they didn't follow it TOO closely, however! Some kind of disorienting device as opposed to a fistful of semtex, haha.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.
I love Spader, and this show is good. I am just getting sick of the Liz and Tom subplot. Just shoot him, already (although the actor is hot).

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Mouse Dresser posted:

Just shoot him, already (although the actor is hot).

claerl;y you understand how tv works

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
They kill attractive people all the time on CW.

Because they have more attractive people in a shipping container, i suppose.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
yes white collar just terminated hot red head

You are a nerd
Apr 9, 2003

See?
Oh good, "The Fulcrum." I was worried about the future of this show, but it looks like they pulled another terrible MacGuffin out of their rear end that should keep them limping predictably all the way into syndication.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

You are a nerd posted:

Oh good, "The Fulcrum." I was worried about the future of this show, but it looks like they pulled another terrible MacGuffin out of their rear end that should keep them limping predictably all the way into syndication.

I hope they rip off Chuck; I liked Chuck.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Nice head explosion. I didn't think they'd actually show it.

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007
I gotta say, even as one of the (seemingly few) people who unironically enjoy the show as it is, I would absolutely be on board with them going balls to the wall crazy with whatever the Fulcrum is and what's going to happen in 2017. Throw some insane sci-fi curveball and have it work out because A) the pure audience-draw that is Spader, and B) the show is almost too big to fail.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

I almost wonder if ~The Fulcrum~ is a sign that Bokenkamp is ripping off the Jericho (yes, *that* show) continuation graphic novels. In that, the guy who masterminded the nuclear terrorist attacks on American cities has in his possession a thumbdrive called ~The Precipice~ that allows him unfettered and untraceable access to all of the bad guys' computers and databases.

And seeing how the very definition of a fulcrum is either a point upon which a lever pivots or 'a thing that plays a central or essential role in an activity, event, or situation,' I'm thinking it's probably some sort of 'master key' thumbdrive.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Nov 12, 2014

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I'm more interested in this alleged 2017 preplanned event that'll have people declaring their loyalty to different countries.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Gonz posted:

I'm more interested in this alleged 2017 preplanned event that'll have people declaring their loyalty to different countries.

Sadly I wouldn't be surprised if this show lasted another 3 years to have a season for this event.

vvvv

Plus side we can meet and hear of more of Spader's buddies.

Digital Jedi fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Nov 12, 2014

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Hey the show was accidentally compelling this week. I liked when Liz's(?) plans were falling apart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
Let's engage in wild conjecture about 2017!

quote:

The remaining Kennedy assassination related documents are scheduled to be released to the public by 2017, twenty-five years after the passage of the JFK Records Act. Among the items most sought after by researchers are some 1,171 documents still closed by the CIA on national security grounds.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassination_of_John_F._Kennedy#Kennedy_declared_dead_in_the_emergency_room

The assassination of JFK cemented an otherwise soft-coup by a transnational plutocracy. They are on schedule to let their existence slip with the release of these documents. The Fulcrum is some sort of high-level of docket of operations, assets, etc. whose release would disrupt timelines.

• Locked thread