Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

BIG HEADLINE posted:

In the semi-long history of 'inept FBI agents' this show has displayed, hoooooly poo poo did this episode take the cake.

"Oh, hello scary Japanese guy with a katana. Let me stand close enough to you so you can take a single long step forward and julienne my thigh."

"Oh hey, a Japanese guy accosts me out of nowhere and knows my name and profession. They didn't train us for *this* scenario at Quantico. I'm sure he just wants to chat or something - not like he's gonna throw me off a bridge."
Man both Castle and The Blacklist tonight - what's up with Japanese assassins suddenly being a thing?

I mean complete with ritual disembowelment and everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

ookiimarukochan posted:

Bunch of writers watching The Wolverine last summer and pitching episodes for the next season of TV shows?
Yeah but they both had ballets too. I mean that's too big a coincidence, the writers must be spying on each other or something.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Gonz posted:

Just be happy you're not watching Helix.

Hoooooooo, boy.
If Blacklist was half the show Helix was, Red would have revealed himself to be Loki, God of Mischief... and Lizzie would be fighting a conspiracy of shape shifting aliens from Mars, led by Justin Beiber, at this point.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
The Following FBI are still the worst, however

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
It's exactly the same thing Agents of SHIELD did, but worse!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
So is it just going to be a Blacklist thing that the midseason multi-part episodes are actually really really good and everything else is mediocre?

Loomer posted:

Remember how a while ago, the idea of the US maintaining a site where they routinely brutally torture and execute people without due process would have been something the bad guys were doing in a conspiracy?
You mean 15 years ago?

I mean this was a huge plot point on The Unit 7 years ago, to the point the CIA was willing to kill Special Forces operatives to keep their offshore torture and execution facility a secret.

Hell it was a plot point on 24 14 years ago, though that was a black site on actual American soil rather than out in the middle of the ocean.

pentyne posted:

The Business Plot actually succeeded and the public was convinced that it was a failure.
Prescott Bush's son and grandson were eventually president so... :tinfoil:

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Feb 9, 2015

• Locked thread