Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

KatWithHands posted:

It's weird, he's not listed on IMDb yet, but I'm absolutely positive that's Carel Struycken, aka Lurch from the Addams Family movies.
Thanks, I knew that sickly, sallow acromegalyic visage was familiar somehow! Also the weird spaceman who kept heroically child abducting Wesley Crusher on TNG, lol

TheRationalRedditor fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Oct 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

CaptainCaveman posted:

No, he played Mr. Homn. The Traveler was played by some other guy.

Edit: Memory Alpha says the Traveler was played by Eric Menyuk.
The trivia is funnier with the misinformation.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

I figured out every twist in this episode but I still give it decent marks for lifting the plot drat near entirely from that ridiculously cool iranian nuclear scientist assassination a few years back. Tweedle Dum and Dumber are lucky they didn't follow it TOO closely, however! Some kind of disorienting device as opposed to a fistful of semtex, haha.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

the Mcguffin being hidden in a child's toy was the most hackneyed poo poo the show has done yet, and it came paired right alongside gloria rueben's "THIS MEANS THE ROLES OF YOUR HYPNO PSYCHIC DREAM SEQUENCE MIGHT BE MIXED UP!!!". Barf, tension diffused.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WhyteRyce posted:

Well, it's not like they would have done anything with it. Oh look she's mad at Spader and wants nothing to do with him and tells him to go away. Oh look now she's working a really tough case and can't figure it out so she goes back to Spader for help but tells him she still hates him. Repeat.
It's not the inevitable, formula-bound outcome that's the problem, it's the horrendously terrible unnatural dialogue that leaves no room for interpretation in a show that's already popcorn simplistic

• Locked thread