Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Characters wearing random clothes is the best :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

Sankis posted:

After trevor's mid game mission to capture the Merryweather plane. Is there anything to check out after it crashes? I just spent 2 hours trying to figure out a way to get the sub to the alamo sea. It seems like the easiest way would be to get a cargobob (which seem to be a rare spawn in the military base, or 2.2 mil to buy) and lift the sub you get from the dock property. What's the easiest way to get 2.2 mil without cheating, anyway?

Edit: I haven't hung out with anyone yet. I really should. The dialogue in this game is great.

Get in the sub, then get out so you're in the scuba suit. Take a boat into the lake, you should still be wearing the suit.

As for what's down there, (midgame) I found a broken up plane down there where I thought it had crashed but the colors were slightly different. Found some guns and a package thing but I don't know what the package was, I didn't get any money or anything.

Cerebulon
Mar 29, 2010

Destroyer of Worlds*
(*No worlds were harmed in the making of this title.)

I don't know how accurate this is, but even if the scale is slightly off it would seem the map isn't nearly as big as Rockstar claimed:

It's still loving huge and very pretty though.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Final Dom mission spoilers: So after finishing all the parachute jumps I got a final mission with Dom where it seems like I'm supposed to stop him from jumping off the dam. Every time I do it he jumps off and dies and I pass the mission with a 50%. How do I 100% this one?

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
Holy poo poo, I was loving around near the train yard as Trevor, and saw a lone rail worker standing around. "What the hell," I says, and go to deck him. Motherfucker ducks my first punch, shouts "hell yeah, I NEED this" and starts boxing me. I gave him a fair fight just for being a rad dude.

Cerebulon
Mar 29, 2010

Destroyer of Worlds*
(*No worlds were harmed in the making of this title.)

sirbeefalot posted:

Holy poo poo, I was loving around near the train yard as Trevor, and saw a lone rail worker standing around. "What the hell," I says, and go to deck him. Motherfucker ducks my first punch, shouts "hell yeah, I NEED this" and starts boxing me. I gave him a fair fight just for being a rad dude.

Proper fist fights are actually quite fun. I've had full on brawls break out everywhere from tram stations to hospitals to the middle of the highway. As far as I know if you taunt somebody and they start the fight, the police won't show up either. (Until someone pulls a gun)

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
This is the last thing many residents of my Los Santos ever saw:

Terrifying.

Dinotron
Sep 2, 2008
So is there an active Goon presence on Rockstar Social Club, or will we be starting a new Goon Squad crew when GTA: Online launches next week? I had much rather play with goons than random pubbies and I think we should put a link to the active crew(s) in the OP.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

I was perfect on the Madrazzo quest where you're meant to shoot down the jet as Michael and chase the wreckage as Trevor on a Sanchez, right up until I only had to leave the observatory parking lot with the van. (mid-to-late mission spoiler) It took me five goddamn tries to leave a parking lot and blow up a stupid van.

One time I hung up the van on a fence and insta-failed for wrecking too close to the observatory, once I dove out of the van to drive it off a cliff but jumped out two seconds too late and wrapped Michael up in a tree, and the other two time I managed to blow the fucker up and got killed by a GODDAMN MOUNTAIN LION!

This game is fun.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Since this thread is new, how about a spoiler thread so 1/2 this one isn't full of black bars?

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

Dinotron posted:

So is there an active Goon presence on Rockstar Social Club, or will we be starting a new Goon Squad crew when GTA: Online launches next week? I had much rather play with goons than random pubbies and I think we should put a link to the active crew(s) in the OP.

There's a whole bunch of stuffs about crews in the private game forum thingy.

Waltzing Along posted:

Since this thread is new, how about a spoiler thread so 1/2 this one isn't full of black bars?

There was this one. But it was pre-game release and it never really seemed to take off.

Also - If I take a car out of my garage and abandon it on a mission what happens to it? Does it find its way back home, does it get impounded? or does the car fairy take it?

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Final Dom mission spoilers: So after finishing all the parachute jumps I got a final mission with Dom where it seems like I'm supposed to stop him from jumping off the dam. Every time I do it he jumps off and dies and I pass the mission with a 50%. How do I 100% this one?

How the hell do you trigger that last mission? loving thing won't show up for me.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

DangerDummy! posted:

One complaint I have, and it's not something that I'm even blaming Rockstar for, is that there's a gently caress-bomb about every thirty seceonds, even if your just driving your car around. My little girl likes to watch me drive around acting foolish and making jumps in GTA games (no shooting or missions or anything), and every time you drive within a foot of a ped or another car, someone's yelling "gently caress YOU YOU loving gently caress". I eventually had to go up into the sticks for my crazy driving, but luckily she thinks it's hilarious when I drive a truck down a mountain at top speed.

The ragdoll button is a huge hit with her, too. I kept climbing on higher and higher stuff and jumping off, and there's nothing like the laughter of a small child watching a hillbilly land head first in a parking lot after jumping off a bar roof. I capped it off by driving into the city and diving off the top of the skyscraper that's being built.

I agree. I let my kid play GTAIV out in the industrial area where he would be relatively free of people, but this game is tough to avoid the swearing. I turned off the FX and just did music but even the commercials are pretty bad.

He had a blast driving the boat in the ocean though. Tons of open water for him to cruise on and no distractions.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Pleads posted:

How the hell do you trigger that last mission? loving thing won't show up for me.
It's on top of the Maze bank building, you have to fly or parachute to get to it.

Dinotron
Sep 2, 2008

FallinInTheBlak posted:

There's a whole bunch of stuffs about crews in the private game forum thingy.

Would you care to be more specific, or offer a link? I'm unaware of this "private game forum thingy" that you speak of.

On an unrelated note, I'm pretty sure I saw a Sasquatch at some point in the game. I've been back to the state park next to Mt. Chilliad to search for it, but to no avail as of yet. I know it exists somewhere in this game and I'll find that thing and kill it before it can eat another baby!

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Ok why is Michael's family pieces of poo poo and why does Rockstar expect me to care about them? Like this is ridiculous at this point.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Dinotron posted:

Would you care to be more specific, or offer a link? I'm unaware of this "private game forum thingy" that you speak of.

On an unrelated note, I'm pretty sure I saw a Sasquatch at some point in the game. I've been back to the state park next to Mt. Chilliad to search for it, but to no avail as of yet. I know it exists somewhere in this game and I'll find that thing and kill it before it can eat another baby!

He's talking about the "Private Game Servers" subforum of Games. The thread is here.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Pleads posted:

I finished the last few parachute challenges with Trevor and then when I went to switch people, Franklin had a 1 on his picture.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

pik_d posted:

He's talking about the "Private Game Servers" subforum of Games. The thread is here.
Post Farlow.

futureproof
Jul 19, 2006

Victory for the monkey beast!

FCKGW posted:

I agree. I let my kid play GTAIV out in the industrial area where he would be relatively free of people, but this game is tough to avoid the swearing. I turned off the FX and just did music but even the commercials are pretty bad.

He had a blast driving the boat in the ocean though. Tons of open water for him to cruise on and no distractions.

That's because it's a game meant for adults. If you don't want your kids to hear swearing or see any violence then don't play the loving game around them. It's that simple.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Cerebulon posted:

I don't know how accurate this is, but even if the scale is slightly off it would seem the map isn't nearly as big as Rockstar claimed:

That doesn't take into account the underwater poo poo to explore that doesn't exist in SA.

And really GTA 5 feels gigantic compared to their older games. I almost never feel like I've been to the same area twice.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

TheRationalRedditor posted:

It's on top of the Maze bank building, you have to fly or parachute to get to it.

I did that, he said after to meet him at a dam but I haven't been able to find him at all on the one he said :(

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Farlow guarding my empty GTAV case:

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

dat fukken dogge

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

futureproof posted:

That's because it's a game meant for adults. If you don't want your kids to hear swearing or see any violence then don't play the loving game around them. It's that simple.

I don't disagree. Like I said, I tried to keep it as silly and PG as possible, but V just don't allow for it very well.

Baron FU
Apr 3, 2009

Pleads posted:

I did that, he said after to meet him at a dam but I haven't been able to find him at all on the one he said :(

You need to finish all the parachute jumps. Just like someone else pointed out earlier.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
The knife in this game is pretty brutal for some reason. I was just walking around, noticed I had a knife so decided to test it on some random guy. Just one stab in his stomach and he fell down to the ground. Made me feel a bit uneasy, which is weird, because I have no problem shooting or driving over people (in the game ofcourse :)).

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Cerebulon posted:

What is this using for reference? It looks like they just took the San Andreas map of Los Santos, made it some arbitrary size, and then compared it to Los Santos from GTAV. Also saying that San Andreas doesn't use repeated buildings? That's blatantly false and leads me to believe whoever made this was just tripping on nostalgia.

Reive
May 21, 2009

beedeebee posted:

The knife in this game is pretty brutal for some reason. I was just walking around, noticed I had a knife so decided to test it on some random guy. Just one stab in his stomach and he fell down to the ground. Made me feel a bit uneasy, which is weird, because I have no problem shooting or driving over people (in the game ofcourse :)).

You think that's bad? Try sneaking up from behind and using it!

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Baron FU posted:

You need to finish all the parachute jumps. Just like someone else pointed out earlier.

Balls. Missed that earlier. Thanks.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

dat fukken dogge

That is indeed a pretty great dog(ge).
Also, I really need to stop reading these threads because GTA V has thoroughly fisted my PS3, and it is entirely unplayable at this time.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

pik_d posted:

After I had Trevor take it it hasn't respawned. Can't wait for his garage to eat it.

I have very few complaints about this game, but everything regarding saving cars and customization is just baffling. I gave up on trying to do any of that poo poo a long time ago and I don't know what they were thinking. It's just loving terrible, especially after playing Saints Row where you could actually reliably save and access things.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Hatbox Ghost posted:

What is this using for reference? It looks like they just took the San Andreas map of Los Santos, made it some arbitrary size, and then compared it to Los Santos from GTAV. Also saying that San Andreas doesn't use repeated buildings? That's blatantly false and leads me to believe whoever made this was just tripping on nostalgia.

Pretty sure whoever made the comparison map is a moron. They're assuming the airports are identically sized in both, so that's the scale reference.

nic olas
Apr 28, 2003

RBX posted:

Ok why is Michael's family pieces of poo poo and why does Rockstar expect me to care about them? Like this is ridiculous at this point.

I don't know if you've noticed this but every character in a GTA game is an irredeemable shitbag. That's kind of, like, the point.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

nic olas posted:

I don't know if you've noticed this but every character in a GTA game is an irredeemable shitbag. That's kind of, like, the point.

Nico was a good man, his cousin however...

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006
Security Clearance: Pop Secret

Whiny baby

Dewgy posted:

Pretty sure whoever made the comparison map is a moron. They're assuming the airports are identically sized in both, so that's the scale reference.

There's only one comparison that should be believed, and that's the one which compared map sizes based on the sizes of the characters. That made it look like the Los Santos metro area was a tad larger than all of GTA4, and it sure feels that way.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

You know, Trevor is basically the perfect GTA character. There is absolutely nothing you can do in the game that is out of character for Trevor. Take a Porche offroad to run down mountain lions? Totally Trevor. Help an old lady get her purse back? Totes Trev. Keep the purse anyway? Yup that works. No more of this smalltime guy trying to make it big, more characters that are just forces of chaos and anger with complete self awareness. It just works.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
I'm sure this has already been discussed, but when replying to emails is there ever an option to choose a response when prompted to do so? I've only ever had one possible reply available so far.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

People always talk about Trevor's best switches, but Michael angrily staring at an empty slip in the marina and cursing Jimmy is the best switch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

nic olas posted:

Entertaining* shitbags. This isn't even fun or funny in the slightest. Its just "Really? REALLY?".

• Locked thread