Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
If only I knew the payoff using a cheap crew for the final heist, I would have taken the small hit using the cheap crew during earlier heists to build up their stats.

Using an expensive crew vs. cheap is about a 13 million dollar difference for each character. The BAWSAQ stock market is completely broken for me, so over half of the assassination missions are useless for making money.

With the garage eating my two $500,000 cars I need all the money I can get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

washow
Dec 1, 2007

Here you go, op :toot:
I don't get why Michael's family is being such a bitch to him. I'm just trying to be nice and all they do is loving swear and yell at me! Also Amanda is always cheating on me and she has the nerve to say all this poo poo to me???

buildmorefarms
Aug 13, 2004

любоваться
Doctor Rope
Augh I am clearly far too terrible with a controller to land this plane in Trevor's first-ish mission, and then I tried to skip it and my ps3 had a brainmelt and just sat there "loading" until I turned it off in mock frustration.

Should I be doing any of the below?
- Deploying landing gear really early (does it make any difference to plane handling/speed)
- Breaking so much that the propellers are no longer spinning

In fact, is speed while flying "analogue" by any stretch? Or are there something like x different speed levels (or does continually holding down L2 get me where I want to be?)

And Trevor has the highest level flying skill of the bunch! Things are not looking good for our hero.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

I wanted a bicycle.

They didn't have any.

gently caress them for not having a bike.

I got a bike!

And because I don't have a capture card:

gently caress you, nature.

:okpos:

gently caress you, nature.

SorcerousHam
Apr 8, 2011

washow posted:

I don't get why Michael's family is being such a bitch to him. I'm just trying to be nice and all they do is loving swear and yell at me! Also Amanda is always cheating on me and she has the nerve to say all this poo poo to me???

I think that's :thejoke:

Because (later mission spoilers I guess?)when Michael reunites with his family they rattle off a long, long, long, long, long, long list of hired help that Amanda has hosed, but then his daughter and wife poo poo on Michael for cheating and being disrespectful to women for using prostitutes (even though in my game I never did)

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

SorcerousHam posted:

Because (later mission spoilers I guess?) when Michael reunites with his family they rattle off a long, long, long, long, long, long list of hired help that Amanda has hosed, but then his daughter and wife poo poo on Michael for cheating and being disrespectful to women for using prostitutes (even though in my game I never did)

The lesson to learn here is gently caress a lot of hookers and go to the strip club a lot when you play as Michael.

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice

I wish people would stop posting every goddamn character transition they stumble upon. You know that feeling you got when it came as a total surprise to you? You're taking that away from others.

I think I've had every one of them spoiled for me by now and I'm carefully avoiding all black bars.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Metanaut posted:

I wish people would stop posting every goddamn character transition they stumble upon. You know that feeling you got when it came as a total surprise to you? You're taking that away from others.

I think I've had every one of them spoiled for me by now and I'm carefully avoiding all black bars.

There is no way that kid isn't the biggest little poo poo imaginable.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

It's also just a really :stare: gif, goddamn it's creepy.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Capn Beeb posted:

I wanted a bicycle.

They didn't have any.

gently caress them for not having a bike.

I got a bike!

I, too, wanted a bike.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPvrAshD7q8

No, not that kind of bike.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1caI0fNsLhY

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Can someone give me the general area for finding bigfoot?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

poo poo, I really need to play this game as the next game in the Matt Hoffman's Pro BMX series that we never got. I think the second one even had a Suicidal Tendencies song in it just like GTAV does!

Cerebulon
Mar 29, 2010

Destroyer of Worlds*
(*No worlds were harmed in the making of this title.)

SorcerousHam posted:

Because (later mission spoilers I guess?)when Michael reunites with his family they rattle off a long, long, long, long, long, long list of hired help that Amanda has hosed, but then his daughter and wife poo poo on Michael for cheating and being disrespectful to women for using prostitutes (even though in my game I never did)

I think the game counts having to walk through the strip club to get some late game missions towards that condition.

Baron FU
Apr 3, 2009

Cerebulon posted:

I think the game counts having to walk through the strip club to get some late game missions towards that condition.

I'm pretty sure they are talking about events that happened before the game.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Cerebulon posted:

Speaking of that:

Is there no wardrobe in the strip joint?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

SorcerousHam posted:

Its not funny though. A lot of this poo poo isn't funny. The Yoga mission sucks and the torture mission was boring as hell. I guess telling the guy he has no family and to fly away is supposed to be funny or whatever but its not.

RBX fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Sep 24, 2013

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

This is the kind of player-produced content I have been looking forward to seeing, the storyline spoilers in this thread aren't bothering me at all, whats bothering me is that I won't be able to purchase the game for a couple months. :sigh: Please post some more awesome videos guys, just like back in the GTA4 days, so much hilarious player-produced content, its as close as I will come to playing the game for awhile.

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB

Capn Beeb posted:

Speaking of that:

Is there no wardrobe in the strip joint?

There is. It's the strippers dressing area.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

I thought I read somewhere you could hunt animals and sell the meat to Burger Shot. can anyone confirm?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

welp nevermind then

Away all Goats fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Sep 24, 2013

Baron FU
Apr 3, 2009

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

I thought I read somewhere you could hunt animals and sell the meat to Burger Shot. can anyone confirm?

Do the Cletus sidemissions with Trevor.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Ok, dunno if this is a bug or not, but having some trouble - When I go to the top of Mt Chilad via cable car, I can't see the various select missions, or do anything in the map other than set waypoints. It's screwing with a mission that I need to do.

PS3 disc version.

Kringy
Dec 31, 2008
Yoga "mission": After getting an angry phone call from Martin Madrozo, I decided to hike up Mt. Gordo at around 4 am on foot. Holding a pump shotgun in case of a lion attack, I reach the yoga mat around 5:40 am, just as the sun is done rising out of the ocean.

And I don't even like this yoga minigame

Baron FU
Apr 3, 2009

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Ok, dunno if this is a bug or not, but having some trouble - When I go to the top of Mt Chilad via cable car, I can't see the various select missions, or do anything in the map other than set waypoints. It's screwing with a mission that I need to do.

PS3 disc version.

Do you have the third bounty hunter mission?

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Lord Ephraim posted:

If only I knew the payoff using a cheap crew for the final heist, I would have taken the small hit using the cheap crew during earlier heists to build up their stats.

Using an expensive crew vs. cheap is about a 13 million dollar difference for each character. The BAWSAQ stock market is completely broken for me, so over half of the assassination missions are useless for making money.

With the garage eating my two $500,000 cars I need all the money I can get.

So you get a bigger payout with the cheaper crew?

Baron FU posted:

Do the Cletus sidemissions with Trevor.

Right neighborly of ya! Thank ya kindly!

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I don't know at least he seems grateful for the age inappropriate gift.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Man, this game is sold out everywhere. It's insane. Even Call of Duty had copies floating around a couple days after release, but nope.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Really game, that was one of the only times I've gotten legitimately mad for a second. I'm flying Trevor out to do another mission with the wannabe border patrol and some random event pops up below me, so I bring the helicopter down and it's some lady trying to hitchhike. She gives me this story about "Oh I got lost hiking and I've been stuck out here for an hour and nobody will help!" and starts coming over, then stops and whines about me being in a helicopter. Okay that's stupid but sure, I'll just take a car from some random ped. I take a jeep from two old women and go over, as the event lady starts getting in one of these old hags drags me out and starts hitting me, so obviously I kick her face in and get back in. THEN her likewise old rear end woman friend comes and yanks me out, cue Trevor beating another old woman. I finally get back into the Jeep and start driving a little ways before I get an automatic one star suddenly, which causes the event lady to freak out and run, after which I mow her down in the jeep and fly off the side of the cliff in anger to both avoid the cops and take out my frustration on this lovely car.

:shepicide:

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Yardbomb posted:

Really game, that was one of the only times I've gotten legitimately mad for a second. I'm flying Trevor out to do another mission with the wannabe border patrol and some random event pops up below me, so I bring the helicopter down and it's some lady trying to hitchhike. She gives me this story about "Oh I got lost hiking and I've been stuck out here for an hour and nobody will help!" and starts coming over, then stops and whines about me being in a helicopter. Okay that's stupid but sure, I'll just take a car from some random ped. I take a jeep from two old women and go over, as the event lady starts getting in one of these old hags drags me out and starts hitting me, so obviously I kick her face in and get back in. THEN her likewise old rear end woman friend comes and yanks me out, cue Trevor beating another old woman. I finally get back into the Jeep and start driving a little ways before I get an automatic one star suddenly, which causes the event lady to freak out and run, after which I mow her down in the jeep and fly off the side of the cliff in anger.

"Whaddya mean you don't want to ride in a helicopter?! ITS A loving HELICOPTER!! Some people just have to look a gift horse in the mouth."

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Is there anyway I can get rid of Franklin's horrid green motorcycle? I despise that thing.

futureproof
Jul 19, 2006

Victory for the monkey beast!

Anti-Hero posted:

Is there anyway I can get rid of Franklin's horrid green motorcycle? I despise that thing.

You can mod it.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Yardbomb posted:

Really game, that was one of the only times I've gotten legitimately mad for a second. I'm flying Trevor out to do another mission with the wannabe border patrol and some random event pops up below me, so I bring the helicopter down and it's some lady trying to hitchhike. She gives me this story about "Oh I got lost hiking and I've been stuck out here for an hour and nobody will help!" and starts coming over, then stops and whines about me being in a helicopter. Okay that's stupid but sure, I'll just take a car from some random ped. I take a jeep from two old women and go over, as the event lady starts getting in one of these old hags drags me out and starts hitting me, so obviously I kick her face in and get back in. THEN her likewise old rear end woman friend comes and yanks me out, cue Trevor beating another old woman. I finally get back into the Jeep and start driving a little ways before I get an automatic one star suddenly, which causes the event lady to freak out and run, after which I mow her down in the jeep and fly off the side of the cliff in anger to both avoid the cops and take out my frustration on this lovely car.

Better ending than the one I (and most people) got.

At the gun training, am I supposed to be able to get 2x and 3x multipliers with the minigun challenges? I squeeze only a little and it still seems to break the combo when the target flips up. I'm talking I squeeze and release without pause, but I still only barely got the first challenge at bronze.

pik_d fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Sep 24, 2013

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

futureproof posted:

You can mod it.

Modding it doesn't prevent Franklin from showing up on it, which I don't want either. I tried to blow it up, but it just came back.

Baron FU
Apr 3, 2009

pik_d posted:

Better ending than the one I (and most people) got.

At the gun training, am I supposed to be able to get 2x and 3x multipliers with the minigun challenges? I squeeze only a little and it still seems to break the combo when the target flips up. I'm talking I squeeze and release without pause, but I still only barely got the first challenge at bronze.

Just spray from left to right. they are some of the easiest to gold.

iCaPpY
Sep 18, 2007

WHERE'S
MY
CHIPPY??

pik_d posted:

The mini-gun loses its multiplier if you haven't hit anything after a short amount of time, accuracy and shots missed don't affect the score or the multiplier.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

iCaPpY posted:

The mini-gun loses its multiplier if you haven't hit anything after a short amount of time, accuracy and shots missed don't affect the score or the multiplier.

Ah, I was treating it like any other gun, pausing between targets. Thanks.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Is there anything solid about the [potential spoiler for anyone who hasn't jumped in the cable car yet] drawings at the top of Mount Chilliad? I see a UFO, a hatching egg and a dude with a jetpack, all in some sort of mountain complex. Do these unlock after getting all the pickups? Does it tie in to GTA Online? Dear god do I get another jetpack???

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Baron FU posted:

Do you have the third bounty hunter mission?

Yup. That's why it's bugging me that it won't load correctly. I even tried hiking up there but still, no love.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Somebody should really tell Rockstar that there should never, ever be a loving enemy that can kill you in a single hit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

I did the entire piece of poo poo mountain bike race with my middle finger extended to make it crystal clear just how much I enjoyed it.

• Locked thread