Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Back when they first revealed the three protagonist system and the relationship between the characters I jokingly asked my friend which character was he going to have Franklin kill at the end of the game. It wasn't until weeks after I beat it that I remembered that prediction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
If you're not playing as wack afro Franklin and Max Payne I Mean Michael, I don't want to talk to you.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I actually started a new game recently and I was wondering; is there anyway to drop weapons in single player? It's kinda dumb to start the game with a bunch of super guns and gimmick weapons like the musket.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Cara Delevigne, the DJ for Nonstop Pop, is apparently back in the booth recording more lines for an updated radio. https://twitter.com/Caradelevingne/status/505474515988922369

Potentially new songs on the radio for the rerelease?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Crappy Jack posted:

Cara Delevigne, the DJ for Nonstop Pop, is apparently back in the booth recording more lines for an updated radio. https://twitter.com/Caradelevingne/status/505474515988922369

Potentially new songs on the radio for the rerelease?

And/or the singleplayer DLC.

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot
I'm very excited for V to come out on PC. I'm eagerly awaiting a solid release date, but I understand their apprehension to put one out because of the problems it has caused in the past. I hope it isn't pushed beyond this Fall!

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Maybe they're going to have the DLC release date correspond with the PC and/or PS4 release date, to catch all the people who can't justify buying the exact same game again for a new platform otherwise.

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.
How do I access the new solo missions in the flight school update? Or is this GTAO only?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I can see the PC version getting held further and further back, just because of the problems they've been having with online. Some of the exploits have been hilarious, some a bit concerning, but I think they're going to try and get it locked down on console before they unleash it on PC.

Given that it's now almost a year since release and they still haven't got it sorted, I wouldn't hold your breath.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Did Michael and Trevor's hangars at LSIA come free with the aviation update or are they unlocked following the mission with Molly and the film?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

CBJSprague24 posted:

Did Michael and Trevor's hangars at LSIA come free with the aviation update or are they unlocked following the mission with Molly and the film?

As far as I can tell, like the garages, they were automatically given to them when dlc got put inside and are there from the beginning of the game.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I can see the PC version getting held further and further back, just because of the problems they've been having with online. Some of the exploits have been hilarious, some a bit concerning, but I think they're going to try and get it locked down on console before they unleash it on PC.

Given that it's now almost a year since release and they still haven't got it sorted, I wouldn't hold your breath.

Maybe somebody should organize a petition!

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Bobby Deluxe posted:

This doesn't make any sense.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

circ dick soleil posted:

This doesn't make any sense.
There have been a lot of exploits for the online game so far. My theory is that R* will delay the PC release until they think they have it under control, which - judging by how little control they've been able to exert so far - is a long way off.

Given that consoles are generally harder to mod than PCs, it does not bode well for PC GTA online the state console GTA Online is usually in.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Yeah I can see there being several PC billionaires soon after launch. Followed by daily patches to close the holes. The console issues have been a complete debacle.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Yet more reasons why GTA Online is a shithole and you shouldn't even bother!

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...
I just hope there's a way to bypass Rockstar and private servers pop up. As much fun as it is messing with pubs, I'd rather be able to fool around with friends/goons without having to grind to the fun stuff.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Bobby Deluxe posted:

There have been a lot of exploits for the online game so far. My theory is that R* will delay the PC release until they think they have it under control, which - judging by how little control they've been able to exert so far - is a long way off.

Given that consoles are generally harder to mod than PCs, it does not bode well for PC GTA online the state console GTA Online is usually in.

They're not going to delay the next-gen remake because a 10 year old is duping Adders. Don't be stupid.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

circ dick soleil posted:

They're not going to delay the next-gen remake because a 10 year old is duping Adders. Don't be stupid.
These are back from February:
http://www.totalxbox.com/70645/take-two-defends-gta-onlines-micro-transactions/

quote:

"We made it plain that we prefer to expand resources after we see revenues not before," Zelnick noted.
http://www.craveonline.com.au/gaming/articles/647689-gta-online-makes-66-million-from-microtransactions-in-4-months

quote:

The result has been over $66 million in additional gross revenue from post-retail purchases,
The only stuff is an upgrade to Special Edition or whatever to get the .50 pistol with a few other things, and microtransaction cash cards.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

circ dick soleil posted:

They've had to delay heists because they were busy fixing exploits. This is a thing that is currently happening.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Some shop in the UK listed a November 14th release date in their catalogue.

e: Take2 UK distributor says the same thing!

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Sep 1, 2014

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Bobby Deluxe posted:

They've had to delay heists because they were busy fixing exploits. This is a thing that is currently happening.

Have they ever said that?

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

circ dick soleil posted:

Have they ever said that?

Pretty sure they've said nothing. For many many months.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
They did say the PC release isn't delayed.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
I expect nothing less but the most insane multiplayer hacks. There is just no way cheaters won't thrive in the world of GTA:O

I also expect players will circumvent the rockstar servers for some really fun modded mp servers. It is going to be hard to wait for a steam sale, while having no problem double dipping on the ps4 release. :(

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

MrLonghair posted:

Some shop in the UK listed a November 14th release date in their catalogue.

e: Take2 UK distributor says the same thing!

This is for the rumored single player DLC?

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

More exciting news as GTA V has now reached a new peak of 2 players total on PC.

http://steamdb.info/app/271590/graphs/

Guessing Rockstar will release some info on the 17th?

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

CBJSprague24 posted:

This is for the rumored single player DLC?

No, more likely the next-gen versions which are currently slated for an unconfirmed release date in the fall.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

A Handed Missus posted:

More exciting news as GTA V has now reached a new peak of 2 players total on PC.

http://steamdb.info/app/271590/graphs/

Guessing Rockstar will release some info on the 17th?

Why that particular date?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I used the jet in the hangar to lose my wanted stars during the mission with Molly. I was on final approach to land on the NE/SW runway and collided with a 747 I didn't see until the last second landing on one of the NW/SE runways. I wish I'd had a way to GIF it.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

CBJSprague24 posted:

I used the jet in the hangar to lose my wanted stars during the mission with Molly. I was on final approach to land on the NE/SW runway and collided with a 747 I didn't see until the last second landing on one of the NW/SE runways. I wish I'd had a way to GIF it.

Something like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0nsBvcj4OA

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

drat, that's even worse, but yeah. I was in first-person view and crossing over where that runway and the other intersect when the 747 showed up. I blew up and haplessly did a front flip onto the runway.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
So does multiplayer give you the ability to learn to fly straight? I can't think of any possible reason Rockstar would make planes jerk all around like that other than to give players an incentive to play GTA online to level an flight skill or something.

Because just to be clear, planes jerking around like that for "unskilled" pilots is about as realistic as cars jerk around like that for unskilled drivers.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
It's like that in multiplayer too. Might be placebo but I feel like it happens less often the higher your skill level is.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I have a friend who grew up with inner ear problems that hosed his balance for anything vehicle related and when I took drivers ed with him he'd keep veering off to the side of the road like he couldn't control it. Therefore this is reality and you have to deal with it. Neener neener.

Fake edit: Back in highschool we wanted to do a video segment for the "school announcements" type show where we taught him to ride a bike but scrapped it when we didn't think anyone would believe a 17 year old didn't know how to ride a bike. No matter how hilarious the footage.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I can't wait to see all the terrible gifs and videos coming out of the PS4 share mode.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

echronorian posted:

I can't wait to see all the terrible gifs and videos coming out of the PS4 share mode.

I cant wait to watch all the people streaming GTA Online. You can find people doing some funny poo poo if you sit and watch some of the stuff on there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Is there only one episode each of Bobby June's Bless Your Heart and Danny McBrides show? My game was hosed up and would never let Blaine County Radio stay on the radio even when I was up north, so yesterday I left it on the pause menu version to listen to while doing some poo poo around the house and I definitely heard DmcB's show twice after some rampage/hospital time passage, and Bobby June's sounded similiar as well.

Bless your hearts

• Locked thread