Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

MissileWaster posted:

I've given everyone the biggest hair and the biggest beard they can have. It's pretty amazing.

It probably makes me some kind of dumb hipster but I've done the same thing. I just can't resist those big manly beards. Also everyone must wear aviators, everyone. I also really dig that despite the varying fashions of the player characters, it's possible for me to dress pretty much all of them out of my own personal wardrobe if I choose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

DangerKat posted:

In that same vein, I haven't yet done any biking but is that musicless too? Would be great if there is an iPod-type option.

I thought I heard in the pre-release thread that it was going to be a feature, just like in Saint's Row 4. And then I felt betrayed when it turned out to be false. Luckily the bikes own and so do the ambient soundtracks, but they don't seem to do a whole lot unless you're actively causing trouble. It'd be nice if they had some cool music for going on a country bike ride or something.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

webmeister posted:

You feel betrayed that they didn't include a feature you thought might've been mentioned second-hand? :wtc:

Story-wise, is there any way to (mid-game heist spoilers) make any cash from the Merryweather Heist or the armoured car job?

Also had my absolute favourite Trevor moment last night - the way he busts out laughing when you put your heist masks on just slayed me. I laughed so much I woke my wife up, whoops.

Yep, I felt as though a long-time friend shoved a dagger in my back. EVERYTHING ON THE INTERNET IS loving SERIOUS GUYS

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

The Duggler posted:

Your last point is the greatest shame of this otherwise great game. The potential was there for an amazing experience but somehow they rope in the same poo poo that everyone has hated about other GTAs being indebted to some jerkass and having to spend more than half he game as an errand running bitch. This game should have been about Michael, Franklin and Trevor building up a crew and doing job after job instead of "hey the FIB is going to have you run around 75% of the time

Yeah, it's kind of a bummer, and I figured they'd learned their lesson given the convo that Lamar and Franklin have at the beginning of the game.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Johnnyonoes posted:

I find getting away from the police actually a lot of fun. It is not a joke like the other games. The thing that really grinds my gears is their laser like accuracy.

I've come to really enjoy it in Los Santos, but it's lovely and unbalanced in the rural areas.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Rapdawg posted:

Okay, I've lost track of what is and what is not a mid-life crisis for Michael so I'm not going to ask you to specify because gently caress anything to make him more interesting mid-game. I don't mind that he is a little bit sad and down on himself, but for fucks sake man I did not blow a couple thousand dollars way too early in the game to not have you wear a loving jean jacket and jeans like my loving Dad*.

Trevor dresses the part, Franklin would probably wear something nice if I remembered to buy for him, you need to pull your weight Michael!

Also I've heard of some weapons in the game that I did not know were possible to have or find, and having a list in the OP would be helpful. I found myself the baseball bat before deciding to take my new prize and ride off in a sick new chopper that I borrowed from some nice members of The Lost who promptly shot the loving realism of one-percenter biker gangs into me.

*My Dad actually plays GTA V and assuming his eyes get a bit better I hope he realizes the similarities between him and Michael while playing the game. Hes not a criminal and I'm not a sack of poo poo, but fashion wise hes the type of guy who dresses up for work and takes off everything the second he gets home, gets into comfortable clothes, and plays his PS3. Its the a reverse butterfly.

The first time I went golfing and started doing lovely, I realized I was playing a dad simulator.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Not enough Franklin pics in this thread, here's a couple to help even things out:

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I just realized the thread title should be 'you ain't gotta like it but the hood gon' love it.' Missed opportunity, OP.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Does anyone know how long it takes for Vapid stock to recover after the Bus Assassination? I've been sleeping for days and it's still flatlined.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

The Casualty posted:

Question for you guys: (Franklin mission chain spoilers) If you don't do the first assassination mission, the one that gives you a new house in Vinewood Hills, then is the interaction between Franklin and Tanisha at the start of "Lamar Down" different? It wouldn't make much sense if she's complaining about how you forgot the hood of you were still crashing with your aunt. For that matter, is your conversation with Lamar on the way home changed?

I don't think you can save that particular assassination until the end. When I was playing I had to do that to get the next story missions to pop up.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

JackRabbitStorm posted:

I didn't see this, but I just quickly scanned the page.

http://www.gta5tv.com/gta-v-pc-release-date/

Tentative for 11/22/13

Well it smells like bullshit since they say the source is Rockstar themselves and it would have been announced on their site if there was actually any sort of official statement, and that mockup is clearly fake since there's no way Rockstar will use GFWL since it's dying in June.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

lady blue shanghai posted:

How do you flip people off from your car? I saw posts saying to press L1 when unarmed, but I can't make myself be unarmed in the car. :confused: If I select unarmed before I get in a car, my guy still shoots when I'm in the car.

The square/X button toggles your in car weapon when you're driving. There's an unarmed setting that you can toggle to, though if you have a lot of weapons usable in a car it might take awhile to find it.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
http://www.shacknews.com/article/81287/bully-sequel-could-go-a-lot-of-directions-says-rockstar

Only tangentially related to GTA, but Dan Houser says he'd like to make a sequel to Bully. He says in the interview that he doesn't really see Jimmy becoming a GTA-protagonist; that he's not that much of a dirtbag. Personally, I think the best thing for a Bully sequel would be Jimmy going to a prestigious university. Expand the time scale a little bit, give us all four years of undergrad to play with so we can see characters grow and change as they discover themselves in college, maybe let some of our decisions effect that as time progresses. Give us a bigger college town to run around in and maybe a whole frat/sorority system for factions.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Pleads posted:

Bought like $5,000,000 of Piswasser shares because why not :shepface:

I just split 30 million to Piswasser and 40 mil to H and L. Here's hoping it keeps going up!

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

WITNESS THE POWER! posted:

What the gently caress, Rockstar?

tooooooo bad posted:

What the gently caress.

You ain't gotta like it cause the hood gon' love it.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Lotish posted:

So when does Los Santos Customs open up, or is it not open during missions? And if it doesn't open on missions, why on earth is it still on the map when I'm boosting cars?

I think you can use it as a pay and spray, but with the new wanted system I've never felt compelled to try.

e: Love the new thread title.

Professor Beetus fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Sep 29, 2013

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Creepy Goat posted:

Rockstar openly said to expect a shitstorm of bugs, crashes, downtime and constant patches for several weeks after Online launch. So I dunno, maybe playable around November?

I would be more okay with this kind of expectation if I hadn't rushed through most of the single player like a fiending meth addict. But I blame Rockstar for making us wait 5 years between installments. Even if it was worth the wait.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

KakerMix posted:

Re; Stocks, did Pisswaser just drop from 9.02 to 8.88?

:ohdear:

EDIT

I pulled out, since I invested all my cash I've now got around 130-90 million on all the characters. I'd have more but I had long ago did the Lester missions before the end of the game so ended at around 30 or so million for all of my characters.

I'm not worried that much yet, there have been small drops in the last few days but it's bounced back and gone higher pretty consistently.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Jakcson posted:

This probably sounds like a dumb question, but how do you use a Pay n Spray when the cops are looking for you? In older games it was used to respray the paint on your car and escape cleanly, but in this version, I dunno?

They won't open the garage door for me when I have any wanted level, ever.

Why didn't they just implement a system where they let you in, but they charged you double for the respray?

Huh, the game says you can use it if cops can't currently see you, so maybe that's a glitch?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
God dammit guys now I wish M83 was on Radio Mirror Park.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Hockles posted:

If that happens, I suggest a PS3 thread and a 360 thread.

I have to agree with this. The ME3 multiplayer thread (PC, Xbox, PS3) was unwieldy as gently caress and pretty much impossible to keep up with unless you devoted like an hour to catching up with it each day.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

bringer posted:

It is amazing how many people don't grasp this simple concept when it comes to videogames.

The Steam backlog thread is a hilarious and depressing read, if you haven't checked it out yet.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Faltese Malkin posted:

Big Rockstar update on newswire:
http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire

Best news? Have John Marston as a parent trait.

Edit: looks like it will roll out when PSN/Xbox Live updates. So 7 am est I guess?

I love how the Marston child in that picture looks like Timothy Olyphant straight out of Justified. That would be a great GTA Online character.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
^Clearly a loving professional.^

Jakcson posted:

I seriously think the game designers wanted to make every single character in GTA V as unlikable as possible.

I actually think some people are just hypersensitive about poo poo. Like, I think I'm the only person that actually liked Michael and his family, and thought all the dysfunctional poo poo among them was endearing. It was like Quentin Tarentino's take on the Griswolds and I loved every minute. The mission near the end of the game where you have to go get your family back together was probably one of my favorites and I had big dumb grin on my face the whole time. Then I got the most :3: Michael character transition where he was walking past some prostitutes to get to his car and they were asking him if he wanted a good time. He spins around, smiles and points to his wedding ring, and says something like, "Not today, ladies, just window shopping. I'm a happily married man!" Sure, they were pretty loving abrasive a lot of the time, but that's pretty much every character in a GTA game.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Mister Macys posted:

So is the GTA:O thing happening midnight, or ~5am EST; like when XBLA games usually come out Wednesdays?

Title updates in the morning, according to the Rockstar Newswire.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Mister Macys posted:

Trevor's baby:

Vanity shot:

Carbon Black metallic with silver pearl and matte dark red stripe. :rock:

By the way... do any cars have a visible gas port?

This was such a weird thing for Rockstar to change. We'll take away modeled gas ports (present in GTA since at least San Andreas) but introduce the ability to shoot the gas tanks! Wait, what?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

santanotreal posted:

When you race her as Trevor on a bike, oh my god. That just solidified how awesome Trevor is, along with Scooter Brothers!

Time to rut like animals!

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I'm having terrible flashbacks of trying to connect to AOL during peak hours back in '95.

e: Guess I will have time to 100% before I go online after all. :smith:

Professor Beetus fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Oct 1, 2013

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

cheesetriangles posted:

How much did it actually sell? Last I heard was only like 8 million.

More like 15 million.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
^Also gently caress you for being able to enjoy this product that I cannot.^

Crappers posted:

Really no surprise this is broken for most people including myself. Did we really expect this whole thing to run smoothly from day 1? Will try again tomorrow with fingers crossed!

I know I didn't expect things to be completely smooth, but I did expect to be able to create a character without hard locking my PS3. This is stupid and it honestly would have been better for them to delay the online launch if they needed more time to get their poo poo together.

Professor Beetus fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Oct 1, 2013

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Ham posted:

The loading tips say so. It also has a Rally Race mode where 2 people ride in a vehicle, with the checkpoints only visible to the passenger. This is kinda broken on PS3 as a lot of people don't have mics.

I have a headset and I'm stoked to be someone's co-driver. You know, in a few months or whatever.

All of a sudden wishing I still had my 360. :smith:

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I get the feeling that they didn't actually hire anyone with MMO experience for the online portion because they are the :smug: est game company and they think they know what's best.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I just heard Dirty Laundry on my way home from work and how the gently caress is it not on Los Santos Rock Radio? It's like the GTA Vest song I've ever heard. I mean, a game that oozes California really could have used a song by (one of) the guy(s) that wrote 'Hotel California.'

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
^Sounds more LA Noire to me. But actually thanks for the info, did not know that. :smith: Why are all celebrities terrible people? I can't wait until we find out Tom Hanks has children buried in the foundation of his house. ^

SheepNameKiller posted:

You're pretty dumb if you went into today not expecting connection issues. Not saying that makes it all acceptable or anything, but everyone saw this coming a mile away.

Thanks for letting the zero people in this thread that thought that know, chief.

Professor Beetus fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Oct 1, 2013

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Cameron posted:

Also that Don Henley song sucks loving rear end and is possibly the worst single of the 80s.

I liked the 80s before you did, and for the right reasons.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
In good news, it appears that Pisswasser stock keeps rising! I only need about 40 million more for that golf course. Also golfing with Michael, Trevor, and Franklin is about as amazing as I hoped it would be.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Shachi posted:

This was a pretty good explanation in response to the "Just Buy More Severs" theory

Hmm yes a great explanation and at the same time it's a 'gently caress the consumer over for a few extra bucks' decision so it's great that so many in this thread are frothing at the mouth to chastise people for being frustrated that they can't play a huge portion of the game they paid 60 bucks for.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Aphrodite posted:

That's not accurate though. Buying more servers would solve the problem. It will just leave you with a lot of unnecessary servers afterwards,

Boy if only there were a company that had made over a billion dollars in a single day and had the money to spare for such a thing. If only.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

RobTG posted:

Crazy how APB is a better GTAO than GTAO.

How is this possible? APB is terrible in pretty much every way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

MailboxFullOfBombs posted:

Yes, how dare a company that has to pay its employees not needlessly throw away money to temporarily satisfy me, the whiny internet manchild.

That's hilarious. Yes, those poor R* devs would be out on the streets because the company spent a few extra dollars on servers. But yeah, you're right, I shouldn't expect products I spend money on to work as intended, and if I get frustrated as a result, I'm an idiot man child.

• Locked thread