Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Someone seriously needs to figure out how to properly influence stock prices (beyond simply those assassination missions) it's driving me crazy. Without fail everything I put money into starts to tank even more than before. I'm trying to be smart, arrrgh!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Is there a list of which hitchhikers are worth it to take to their destination and which are better to take to the Altruists?

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Crappy Jack posted:

Go on their website and do the quiz. I don't think it matters how you answer. Once you're done, there should be a new ? on the map.

Note this only works for Michael though. Probably because they figure he's the only one with enough sustainable income to match their bills.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

It's fun keeping track of the continual damage that happens to Floyd's condo as time passes. Trevor really cannot keep house, can he?

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Man, the desert reminds me of so many California desert trips I've made. I can almost pick out most of what they're parodying.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Vargs posted:

It really is pretty nuts how spot on they were with the game environment. As a SoCal resident, it feels exactly like home. Especially impressive after just coming off Saints Row 4, which was a lot of fun, but Steelport felt absolutely nothing like an actual city.

Steelport was just terrible compared to Saint's Row 2 Stillwater, which did feel like a place people would actually live. I blame SR3's rushed development. THQ, burn in hell!

I want to say that painted landsculpture in the desert is based off of something in real life. I know large parts of Blaine County resemble Joshua Tree National Park (all it's missing is the cholla cactus) and the mountains resemble Big Bear areas.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I think it's telling that in exactly none of these photos is a Franklin self-portrait. The kid's too generic and uninteresting compared to "mid-life crisis post-criminal-life crisis dad" and "insane psycho philosopher who draws the line at misogyny."

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Wow, five seconds with these G-men and I already want to shoot them. In fact I'm wondering why that isn't immediately the plan. "Oh, you're going to use me for a short while, then discard me. Been there, done that, seen the movie. Hey, this is a clandestine meeting place, right? Nobody knows why we're here? Well then... *pop pop pop* Nice knowing you guys!"

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Finished the Altruist quest chain. That was certainly a thing. :eek:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

El Hefe posted:

Jack Howitzer is Jack Howitzer in Jack Howitzer is loving hilarious, good thing they brought him back from Vice City.

"Tim, they've got your wife!"
"But I'm not married!"
"You are now...to America!"

• Locked thread