Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Honestly I love this game but it does feel like a poo poo load of content was left aside for GTAO, which I'm not too happy about. That and the fact that the single player feels kind of half complete already (car glitches, no Android app) makes it kind of a shame that so much potential was missed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Dewgy posted:

I agree and disagree, there may be a lot held back for GTA:O, but that's all getting unlocked in less than a week, for free, and at 58 hours played I'm at 80% on the Social Club checklist. This is a huge loving game. If 90% of the content was held for online, I'm gonna have a serious problem on my hands.

A few years ago I would've agreed with this, but now I'm older and I play games in burst of a couple of hours at a time, which really doesn't seem like enough of an investment into GTA:O that I'll be able to see a lot of that content. Also I play multiplayer so rarely these days that I was going to let my Gold account lapse, so...

I know all of the above is my own problem, but I do feel like I'm missing out on content which could've been included in the single player all the same.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

It sure is taking Rockstar loving ages to release the android apps or fix the major game glitches. I'm hoping they release them all along side Online, just in time for the single player to become irrelevant. If the two week wait for a loving app is any indication we will be planning online heist by the middle of next year at the earliest. My guess is Rockstar wanted more time to finish the game but Take Two pushed for it's release before the end of the console cycle. Honestly it feels like the original delay could've benefited from being a year.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Currently unemployed and my Gold ran out yesterday. drat you!

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Chick3n posted:

I have a 14 day trial that came from Halo 4 if you want it.

Hey man, yeah that would be awesome! Do you have PMs?

I want to see how emblems are used seeing as the current goon one is my design, might need tweaking.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

So I've created my character and done the first couple of missions - all of which has been pretty smooth for me, only took about 30 minutes.

I know everyone else is having problems but maybe being in the UK is helping me.

Anyway I'm really impressed, especially with how much bigger the world feels being able to play as a girl and enter more stores.

EDIT: Also the character creator is pretty good if you take your time, get a base model you like and then finish them off with lifestyle and hair choices, etc. I'm very happy with mine, and playing as a girl is a nice change of pace.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Has anyone tried finding Trevor, Michael or Franklin yet in free roam in multiplayer?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Really loving the multiplayer and very happy with the character creator.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

lady blue shanghai posted:

I'm assuming she has pants. Where did you buy them? I can't find pants anywhere

She has black drainpipe jeans with high heel combat boots. I got the full outfit from a Blinko or whatever they are called. Each stand has different clothes so you need to walk around the full store until you actually find pants/shoes/accessories.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Still no iFruit on Android.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

MZ posted:

So the Beach Bum pack is going to be free, and apparently R* will have some news on Story Mode updates in the coming weeks: http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/51796/gta-online-free-beach-bum-update-hits-next-week-new-weapons-vehi.html

Maybe we'll get some single-player dlc after all....

Everything from the Beach Bum pack gets added into single player too, minus the multiplayer missions obviously.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Timeless Appeal posted:

I get that, but I'm replaying the game right now and listening closer to the text and following more the internet stuff, that's not how it is. Basically, Lamar and Franklin want to make their own sect of the Families. Franklin's stated reason is that the gang doesn't really let you progress in anyway. It's not so much that he doesn't want to be a gangbanger, and in a lot of ways he takes the gang stuff more seriously than Lamar does even if Lamar is quicker to fly off the handle. It's just that he doesn't want to be a footsolider for the OGs and never go anywhere. The problem is that once Stretch comes back, Lamar backs down while Franklin really pushes the issue.

I didn't pick up on any of that from the cutscenes. I wish Rockstar wouldn't hide so much story content.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Baggins posted:

I actually think that's a brilliant move on their part. If you're interested in the story you have all the tools you could want at your disposal to find out more, but they've kept the details out of the main story to streamline it all and make the periods between the action bits shorter. Besides, the story works well as is. No need to clutter it up if you don't have to, no?

This is true, but I'd rather it be hidden in some more interesting side missions for Franklin than on the internet.

I really loved the mission where Michael has to try and get his boat with Jimmy on it, it perfectly sets up the story at that point and the characters.

I don't think Franklin had something like that.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Did I miss a mission somewhere? I just dropped his wife off and Martin is missing an ear?!

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

The line that got the biggest laugh from me was when Michael responded with utter confusion over Trevor saying that Martin must be rich and powerful to have such a sexy wife.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Bobtista posted:

Right now I'd settle for some more single player in the current game. You promised us details of the single player DLC with the business update R* :(

They gave them us? It's a couple of new assassination missions and a few races.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Bobtista posted:

That's not really details, that's barely more informative than "It's coming".

It's a pretty good hint that they won't be worth getting excited for.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

precision posted:

I'm still mindblown by how much effort they put in to model all that underwater mess and diving then use it for approximately Jack and poo poo.

I wish they had spent less time/memory on the ocean floor and given us more interiors instead. Who loving cares about scuba diving?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Bobtista posted:

Thinking about it it would have made great sense to leave those two alive and then sell singleplayer story DLC where they can gently caress with you more and be the "end boss" of those add ons.

Would have given rockstar an obvious jumping off point for it and I doubt anyone would have felt too short changed about not getting instant revenge on two basically nobody characters.

I don't think we're ever getting that single player add-on they mentioned. Or Heist.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Crappy Jack posted:

Michael has a new mission chain in the next-gen version where he's hunting down a murderer. That may be the content they were talking about; for all we know it could just be a text message you get from somebody, and then visiting various spots on the map.

That's exclusive to people who upgrade though so if that is what they meant I feel like they have told a half truth.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Do we know what happens if you hire a pro in first person? Does the game just count it as a cutscene and go to third person, or?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Did he just die from touching the cat?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

lmao Yeah right :jerkbag:

Boy, its a lucky coincidence that they are ready in time for the next gen launch.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Isn't it just hip firing then pressing a button and aiming down the sights?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Master Twig posted:

I want Rockstar to make a Bonnie and Clyde game that takes place mainly in New Orleans.

With a few historical inaccuracies of course.

So a Bob and Clyde game then to play into Rockstar's strengths?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Is anyone left playing this on 360?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Typical GBS posted:

I am, in the UK and hopefully on tonight around 9pm if any other 360 goons want to try heists?

I'm in the UK too but can't promise to be on tonight. GT is same as my username if you want to add me and I'll see what I can do.

• Locked thread