Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
The knife in this game is pretty brutal for some reason. I was just walking around, noticed I had a knife so decided to test it on some random guy. Just one stab in his stomach and he fell down to the ground. Made me feel a bit uneasy, which is weird, because I have no problem shooting or driving over people (in the game ofcourse :)).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Ravenicus posted:

100% Completion Secret Spoilers: http://imgur.com/a/tcat6

Someone found this above Fort Zancudo (From the subreddit).

Not gonna click that, but there are already people who 100% the game? drat.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Stare-Out posted:

Fuckload of words describing all the bad things in the game.

drat, you're not easy to please. This game is amazing, it's fun and maybe you should have just played it to have fun. And not to see a completion bar reach 100%.
Complaining that the gameworld is too big, that mountain lions (in the mountains!) can kill your character... Seriously?

EDIT: and the guy who called the game half-finished. What. There's 1 bug about cars not always saving, it's hardly game breaking. I never store cars in GTA games, just run around, take what you like, cruise with it until it explodes/you get bored (whatever comes first). Rinse and repeat.

shut up blegum fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Sep 24, 2013

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Greetings from Vinewood hills!

Pretty cool that Rockstar social club site, it even adds hashtags to your pictures. By the way, I've heard people get certain rewards for linking their game with their account. Is it possible that this happened automatically? I don't remember doing that, but I can see my Rockstar crew friends online etc, so the game knows who I am. I just don't know if I got the rewards.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Marshmallow Blue posted:

I ran out onto a highway to grab a car, and they didn't stop. Got beamed by a guy going 60 and I only lost half my health.

Hehe, reminds me of the time I was cruising the highway with a car. Saw a guy riding on a bike and decided that I wanted that bike. I shot the driver, bike went down but kept going in the opposite lane. Just before a giant dumptruck. So naturally, I did the responsible thing and swerved in the opposite lane. Handbrake turn so my car is blocking the road and my precious bike won't get run over by stupid trucks. There was some chaos after that, but I didn't care while I drove away into the sunset.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Well, I took Infernus, a stripper, home. To her place, spend the night there, she even fixed my car! Next morning I'm cruising away and she sexts me. I am distracted and have an accident and launch myself to my window and die. This game :allears:

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

This game is so much fun. Driving stupid cars on big hills, scaring hitchhikers.

Anyway, which is the next stock I should invest in? I got almost 500k wit Michael, looking to double that money asap.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
What, just checked the social club, and the PIS stock lowest price is $2.52, while the highest price is over $150. And I thought I did a good deal by selling them at $11 when I bought them at $3 :stare:.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Welp, time to F5 this thread and live vicariously through you guys. Sorry boss, my productivity will drop :)

shut up blegum fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Oct 1, 2013

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Pretty funny, everyone in this thread has been posting for the past week that the servers would not be able to handle all that traffic. Now the game is live for 2 hours and everyone is surprised the servers aren't working correctly :allears:.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Isn't that the whole point? Only being able to select a few cars at the start of the game, so you level up and buy other, more exotic cars with your earned money/xp/Rockstar bucks? I don't really get why some of you are complaining about this.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

rizuhbull posted:

Yeah, nah, you're right. What was Ham thinking, trying to play multiplayer during that 11AM. It's not like Europeans have jobs or school or anything. Seriously though, it's far more likely the PSN servers are hosed right now.

Southern part of Europe doesn't have jobs anymore, that's for sure :D

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Carecat posted:

So... I put my armored car heist escape car in the multistory car park near the golf course. The garbage truck doesn't fit in but the mission demands I drive it in there :eng99:

I think I've totally screwed my game.

Hmmm, can't you just blow up the garbage truck? You have to destroy it anyway. I parked my getaway car on some construction site, 2-3 miles from the place the heist was. Not sure I understand the concept, getaway car :D

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I think that guy was referring to the Sony Pulse headset. I have it, and it's great. You can also easily use it on pc, just plug in the USB stick that's delivered with it (or the wire if you want that :)). You can manage the game volume and the voice volume seperatly from the headset, it's really nice. Although it costs ~100$.
Have a huge picture of it, and a review. Also, turn on the bass impact, that poo poo is annoying.

http://www.techhive.com/article/2009975/sony-pulse-wireless-headset-review.html

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Man, ragdolling myself of buildings has cost me so much money. But it's so worth it.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Baron FU posted:

Holy poo poo that's the dumbest thing.

Or it encourages users to try different missions in stead of only grinding the ~optimal mission time/XP reward ratio~

Anyway, haven't tried online yet. Still haven't finished the main story, keep getting distracted. Right now I have to steal (minor middle game spoiler) certain cars for Devin. Is there a way to save them? I doubt I'll ever see a Z-type again in game.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Is it normal that Fort Zancudo stays in the fog forever? I stole the jet there with Franklin, flow around a bit and I swear I could see every detail of the army base on my map. Ofcourse I didn't save.
Next time, I steal the jet with Trevor, fly around some more, but now the fog remains on my map. :confused: Is there a certain altitude you have to reach before the fog clears? Just fly low? Or super high so you see lots of it at the same time?

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Man this game owns. Just bursted out laughing when Franklin (spoiler from a Strangers & Freak mission) just talked to that dog to rescue the crashed parachute guy. "I'm getting smart-talked by a dog now? Sheet". So amazing.

And some more minor details (mid-gamish I think?): after Trevor kidnaps Madrozas wife, and brings her to his trailer, she starts cleaning it. It's really obvious, and she is very strict when Trevor starts sniffing gas. :allears: So many nice touches in this game.

shut up blegum fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Oct 10, 2013

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Question about a certain cult I've encoutered: I received an email as Franklin, something about a website. I could then subscribe to that website and it made me do some sort of personality test. Then I could buy the next package and so on. Sort of like that thing Tom Cruise is in. Anyway, I blew 25k on this, do I get anything besides a T-shirt :)?

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

monkeytennis posted:

Nope! Sucker!

Hahahaha, that's awesome. Any other game I'd be pissed for wasting money, but here :allears:

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Can someone explain what the issue with installing the play disc is? I have not done it because I saw the warnings not to. Does it screw something up badly? Seems strange that it would happen like that.

From what I've read, the game is designed to read stuff from your HDD and the disk at the same time. Installing everything creates some sort of bottleneck, resultinng in poor performance and pop-in textures.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
There is mist in this game right? Because I was playing today and my line of sight was incredibly short, and there was this white, well yeah, mist, hanging around buildings. At first I was afraid my PS was dying, but a couple of in hour games later the sun was shining and everything looked great again.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Crows Turn Off posted:

Mist? Not sure. Fog? Yes. ;)

Yeah, that's what I mean. My brain stopped working for a moment :downs:

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Just had a random encounter, had to drop off some dude at the airport. As a reward, he gave me a stock tip. Buy Tinkle. Sooo, does this work? Because Tinkle is on Bawsaq, and I thought that was player controlled? Anyway, saved before I did it, we'll see how it goes down.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

The Dave posted:

You buy tinkle before you drive him and it goes up 30% and then you sell it.

How are you supposed to know to buy it before he says it? Surely it'll go up after the mission too?

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I had the same thing happening. Couldn't buy a helipad near the marina with Michael. No idea why, I'll try again tonight. But I just stole a helicopter that was there and forgot about it :v:

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

So, you took 40 pics with the phone and stitched them all together? :stare:
Nice work though. They are really stunning, I was staring at that nature one, and the one with the dam and the city. This game is beautiful.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Strangers and freaks question. The Josh (real estate guy) missions with Trevor, after they end, do you get to see who/what is in the motel? I have this feeling that it's something gross. Not just his wife.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I might be playing the game different than all you guys, since I never have a problem with money. I've been playing for 30 hours, and I just don't buy that much. Bought the airstrip with Trevor, and smoke on the water with Franklin. Then I realized I don't want to pick up weed all day long, so didn't buy any other properties.
I don't spend money on upgrading my cars, because I wreck ~3 cars for every half mile I drive :)
I also don't buy that much guns or ammo, you get tons of ammo from some missions. My characters all have a full weapon wheel, and I didn't buy most of them.
Besides some money I spend on suits, tattoos and medical costs, I literally don't need money.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Why is that iFruit app almost 250 MB? :stare:

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I've been playing for +30 hours and still haven't taken anyone to the cult. Wanted to take that one crazy lady that lives in the lighthouse, but I liked her dialogue too much. And she's a booty call for Trevor too. A couple days later I flew over there in my chopper, went inside, and when I came out, my chopper was parked under a carport. It blew up when I tried to fly away in it. That moment I wish I'd taken her to the cult :v:.
Another thing, I've never raided the weedfarm. Is it only available after you save Lamar from it? When the ballers try to execute him?

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I kinda like that iFruit app... My only problem is that I choose a stupid licence plate and you can't change that. But ah well, I guess BORT was already taken anyway.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Yeah, the first time I read: "one of our drivers can't make it, he has... legal issues." I smiled and went to pick up a truck full of weed. Every text now is just: :argh: I even went there and killed the clerk once, don't know if that did anything though.

I am the worst employer :)

shut up blegum fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Oct 31, 2013

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
So, what stock should I dump my money in at the moment? Just so I don't lose it all in medical costs etc.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I'm about to do the last heist I think. Union depository right? I'm still not sure which approach to choose. The subtle approach looks cool if you pull it off, just pretend to be employees and steal everything and fly off in a helicopter. But the other approach seems also cool. Drilling a giant hole in the side of the building and escaping by car, hell yeah. Decisions, decisions.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Just finished the game (I stopped playing for a while, only had the last heist left), and why would anyone pick any other endgame option other than C? They're your friends. Don't kill them. gently caress everyone else up!

And also, the psychiatric report after the credits is a nice touch. I was very very lazy, probably because it took me so long to finish the game :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Just bought this game again for PS4. Man, it looks even nicer. Yesterday it started raining, and my jaw dropped. Doing a burnout in a puddle of water, watching it splash everywhere... Everything is just gorgeous.
And was there even that much wildlife in the PS3 version?
Too bad I can't transfer my single player progress. Ah well, time to blow through the story mode again :)

• Locked thread