Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.
Yeah, if we end up just maxing all stats anyways, then it should be fine to pick whatever plays into your appearance. Might have to spend a bit longer getting that driving skill up but it seems like your stats are incredibly low no matter what you pick anyways.

Now if I could get past this loving server check gate of this mandatory intro street race, I probably could be having fun knocking off stores in a solo session.

E: Also hopefully our skills don't decay like the main characters' special stats do, that already drives my OCD up a wall.

Mediocrity Goggles fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Oct 1, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Yeah, so far the story seems to be that the 360 version is working perfectly fine, or at least is performing well enough to the level we were expecting on day one. PS3 however, is outright screwed with absolute zero chance of getting in game, and I figure that's what we're really mad about.

Yes, I am mad about video games and people at least marginally enjoying what I wanted to play today on the system I didn't buy the game for.

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Crappy Jack posted:

Buy the special edition.

Actually, the collector's edition.

Course all you'll gain from that is Claude & Misty from GTA3, and Niko.

They say that people who played Max Payne 3 would get a bonus of some kind in this, which will probably just be unlocking Max to be your dad or something.

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Not quite sure I want to pay another $60 for this game again. Sure, I got an i7-4790k and slightly aged 660ti so I know I can run it just fine, it's just I had somehow gotten tired of the game the first time on on PS3 and I dang sure don't really want to play GTAO ever again, either.

But then again, I could probably finally play around in SP with a never wanted mod/cheat or something, since the cops were generally not fun to deal with in this one.

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Yeah, but I'm one of those types who actually does want it on steam as opposed to dealing with RSC again. Not sure what difference it would make, though.

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Ugh, was afraid it was just going to fall back on RSC regardless of platform. Well no sense not to get it as cheap as possible, then.

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Hope I don't end up feeling stupid buying this game again for $46, but at least it should be much better this time... right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Oh wow, that is quite a bit of QoL changes. Also good, I'm glad we don't have to wait on the sucky mechanic anymore. I can't be the only one that instinctively had to kill him in frustration whenever he finally managed to show up.

• Locked thread