Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jacada
Aug 1, 2009

What I've noticed is last night on BAWSAQ there was a significant bump in the trading value of most of the companies listed, makes me wonder why that happened?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jacada
Aug 1, 2009

For anyone whos played the game, the above spoiler doesn't seem like much. But that's the sort of stuff that should be spoilered because its so obtuse and could refer to all sorts.

Jacada
Aug 1, 2009

Funkmaster General posted:

This guy in the game with me while we wait for the race to start is literally calling Rockstar support. Over the microphone. Less than an hour after it became available. And getting mad when the support guy told him to be patient.

Eurgh. Are people not self aware at all? Thats just cringe worthy behaviour.

Jacada
Aug 1, 2009

Don't think we'll be playing GTA online today! Servers have ground to a complete halt. Back to gardening I go :)

Jacada
Aug 1, 2009

You guys need to stop trying to connect and just stay away for a few days. The sperging out is ridiculous. Go grab a beer with some friends. BETA testers really liked the game when everything was fully functional of course its not going to work now. Some people on reddit even took holidays to "play" it today. No online launch ever.. has gone to plan, why would that change now? Go do something fun and productive instead of breaking down trying to repeatedly connect to the game. Everyone is doing the same thing, the Servers are basically under an accidental DDOS. Its obvious everything is going to break.

Rockstar even said a week ago it wasn't going to be broke on the launch date. There is no way in hell they could of adequately guessed how many copies they would sell and how many people would try to connect at once. They really should of done a staggered launch.

Jacada
Aug 1, 2009

quote:

Rockstar Games 1m ago
For those trying to get into GTA Online today, please bear w/ us on some day one tech connection issues that we’re working to stabilize asap

quote:

Attempt 5 to get into the online portion, made it up to the first match making, but now it's been sitting at "launching session" for 5 minutes. is this normal?

Yes! Stop trying to connect and go play something else.

Jacada
Aug 1, 2009

Hockles posted:

They came out a week ago with a press release that prepared us for this. But nope, "it's not working now" :supaburn:

I'm taking the time to tackle the laundry pile I've let build up and then I'm going for a beer! Why anyone wants to sit and attempt to access online for four hours is unfathomable to me.

Jacada
Aug 1, 2009

I just wanted to share this eloquent complaint from someone on the GTAforums.

quote:

All the advertising had the PS3 logo plastered on it, all the f*cking trailers were filmed on a PS3 WHY the f*ck can't ANY PS3 users get online? Jesus f*ckING CHRIST!?!?!?!? We've waited 2 extra f*cking weeks for this thing and we can't even play? We have to watch f*cking Xbox users bask in the perfect connection super fun reigns of online whilst we have to deal with "Failed to host a GTA Online session" THEN to add the icing onto the f*ckING cake, when we go back into SP IT PUTS OUR CHARACTER IN A WHOLE NEW SITUATION! OHHH no it doesn't put me back in my sports car on the highway that I was driving before I checked on online, IT SENDS ME TO SOME MOVIE STUDIO? OR THE f*ckING HOUSE?

Jacada
Aug 1, 2009

Fatty_McLumpkin posted:

yeah so NOTHING i do will let me into GTA:O

Well yeah that's sort of what we've all been saying for the past ten hours.

Just got home from my beer out with friends (which I encourage you all to do rather than furiously trying to connect)

I'm off to bed! Maybe it will work for me in the morning. ;)

Jacada
Aug 1, 2009

You people confuse me. Why even bother? I tried it once today it didn't work ill give it a go on Friday. Why are you wasting hours of your time! I don't understand!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jacada
Aug 1, 2009

cheesetriangles posted:

Anyone on PS3 want to play tennis? I had no luck in match making.

PSN: Cheesetriangles

I'm not online right now but I need a tennis buddy! Add me PSN: Jacada

• Locked thread