Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Some neat things I've found while loving around in LS:

Franklin can steal cars better than Michael and Trevor. If you don't have a wanted rating, he'll slimjim the lock open so you dont get alarms / broken windows! Sometimes he will just smash it though.

You can actually sneak your way into the military base, its not an automatic wanted rating.

If you ragdoll your way under a car somehow, your character actually crawls out from under it, unlike in IV where you'd just teleport. (I don't mean exiting a flipped car)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Some more neat things:

You can kick the giant oranges from the stores you can sometimes see along roadsides. They roll around and can really, really wreck cars.

Ballas don't like it when you steal one of their purple lowriders, paint it green and take it back. They stared at me as I pulled into CJs old place and then one of them tried to jack me. I tried to escape, but everyone in the area pulled guns on me :stare:

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Took some spooky pictures in the sewers and around LS:

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Anyone else unable to change characters at all since the update?

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

I traded my 360 for a Vita to use with my PS4 but now all I want to do is get another last gen console to play GTAV with again. Is there any chance of this coming to PS4 anytime soon or will I really have to buy my 8th 360?

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Well, just as I was contemplating buying a last gen console, apparently a retailer just put up a next gen preorder for GTAV for a June date. I'd be happy with that.
http://www.latinpost.com/articles/10452/20140412/gta-5-gameplay-xbox-one-ps4-release-date-news-new.htm

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Psion posted:

Really? It looks really good, like someone took the time to rig that animation properly, which to me says by hand. I mean all the animations are really good in the game, actually. But hey if that's essentially generated automatically due to the engine, that's awesome too.

I think the best way they showed this off was in one of the first GTA IV trailers, with the guy falling down the stairs and trying to get his footing back.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

echronorian posted:

Have the vehicle damage models been upgraded? Slow MO head on collisions are going to be incredible.

They mentioned "improved" car damage in an earlier announcement IIRC

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Seeing how most people play GTA on Twitch etc kind of make me see why people might be concerned about the people playing this. It seems like all they do is beat the poo poo out of virtual women and try and take pictures of up their skirts :psyduck:

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Do you even get a map in the box this time around? I stopped buying physical PS4 games when they cost so much and come with a single black and white pamphlet

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

So I didn't see that pre-2013 characters didn't work so assuming it was busted, ported my newer, less levelled and rich PS3 character.
Now the option to transfer again is disabled :sigh: wonder if they'll give people another chance when they have the pre-2013 characters working. Didn't get my 500k preorder bonus either.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Obsurveyor posted:

I imported my super old character just fine this afternoon. It didn't work this morning though, it's probably just launch day server issues.

As far as the bonus, did you check the Playstation Store inside the Pause menu?

This was just as the game came out and it won't give me a second chance now. Tried the PS Store, didn't get the preorder bonus. I'd even consider buying shark cards at this rate :sigh:
Don't gimp yourself like I did, I guess

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

BitBasher posted:

The preorder bonus is not in the Playstation store proper. You can only see it and collect it if while playing GTA V you hit start to bring up the map/menu screen and scroll to the far right tab which is PSN Store. You have to do this once online and once offline to collect the rewards for each.

Yeah sorry that's what I meant. Doesn't work for my Online character or Michael, Franklin seems to have his 500k though.
Is it worth contacting support about?

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

BitBasher posted:

The online one was odd for me, I had to activate it, then do it again, then I got it in game several minutes later. Franklin's 500k is it. It's 500k online and 500k offline, but for some reason the entire 500k went to Franklin. Michael got squat.

That's weird. I just bought a Shark card hoping it maybe pushes the reward through (its me I'm the problem etc) but I can't even get online now. Hopefully this sorts itself out.

Shark cards aren't listed through the pause menu iirc, instead you have to press down on GTA in the XMB and scroll down to view all items.
e: V yeah I bought it through PSN

StabMasterArson fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Nov 19, 2014

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Managed to get Online and tried the pause menu store thing, got my shark card money but no preorder bonus still. Guess it doesn't work for imported characters or something

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

BitBasher posted:

I know it works for imported characters because I am an imported character and I got it just fine after I went to the store and activated it in game.

In the in game PSN menu there will be two main categories listed: Shark cards and bonus packs. The cash will be listed under bonus packs.

I can only see Shark Cards, no bonus packs. I did however download the bonus money thing when I was preloading it.
I'd have enough for my yellow countach if I had that money and I'm now going to have to buy even more shark cards if I want it. where's the :rockstar: smiley?

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

MrLonghair posted:

The online gallery? Needs to be uploaded to the actual real-life online gallery manually, from the options-tabtabtabtab-gallery one.

I tried this but unless I was missing something the only options I had were to make the picture bigger, add a title or add 'meme text' :v:

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

How full are the GTA Online servers? At this point I'm pretty certain I'll pick it up, but don't want to bother yet if every server only has 8 people.

It's hard to judge since they're totally broken. Biggest game I've been in was about 22 players, but good luck trying to find a race or deathmatch. It seems that it's also using the same invite system as the PS3, which just selected a random letter and start inviting people who's usernames begin with that letter.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Do silencers not work in drive bys anymore? Weird that they would change that.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

They bring it upon themselves
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXIC6XUhhyE

StabMasterArson fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Nov 26, 2014

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Mice Everywhere posted:

Can you ride the subways around in first-person? In the last-gen version the game forced you into cinematic camera the whole time.

Nope, it still makes you use cinematic mode

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Danith posted:

I'm dumb, when people refer to gta-online are they talking about the multiplayer portion of gta 5, or is this some separate thing?

GTA Online is part of GTA 5, for whatever reason Rockstar likes to distance the two and make Online seem like a whole different thing.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

CJacobs posted:

Sheer spite for what, what is there to even feel spite towards

people played it before me!!

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Anyone had any luck getting a cd key unlinked from their social club account thing? I kind of don't want this game anymore but don't want to have to sell my entire social club account to recoup the money.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

rockstar support is very busy lately

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Tubesock Holocaust posted:

7 goddamned install discs :shepicide:

Who knows what other wonderful magic awaits me.

Surely it's better than downloading it at 30kb/s from Rockstar's launcher

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Video editor thing owns
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PNwT5ieGPU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrZ4Jqzid9E
I know it's been said before but it's really surprised how well optimized it is

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

You can turn on snow in director mode.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

did some more stupid videos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zbhAWGZVRA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2GYnKwUbK0

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Deakul posted:

Make more stuff, tia.

Sure
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UnLTJCkchU

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

jerkstore77 posted:

When I went to the mask shop for that one heist where you have to buy three masks, I got two pigs and one monkey. Guess which one the game decided to give to Franklin...

Pretty sure you choose who gets what

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

I found a glitch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPG-oTQp-SI

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Forgot all about User FM, time to bring Vladivostok back!

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

davebo posted:

I really wish things like falling down stairs didn't remove your armor stat before health, just went straight to health and kept armor for things like bullets. Also that there were more soda machines to get health at.

I figured theyd have burger shots and food places back in this with drive-thrus or something. Snacks are alright but you have to go through a load of menus and hammer buttons to get full health again

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbQOswHCqnQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5HkO0yw7i4
why cant I drive with the door open anymore :(

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Das Butterbrot posted:

should be "frank's diablo" :colbert:

Frank's Infurnus :goonsay:

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

or reinstall... :v:

Last time I try and get gasoline poured through my open windscreen by driving really close behind a leaking tanker truck!

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Rikimaru posted:

I never knew fire extinguishers were a thing you could use in this game.

Yeah, what the gently caress?

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Zigmidge posted:

Niko would place his hand down on the hood for stability as you stumbled past a car and would slip and lose his balance when the hood geometry changed. He would reach out to try and grab Roman for balance moments before faceplanting and tripping his cousin when the two would stumble into each other.

I mean, you don`t even get a hint of any of that in V.

Yeah I don't think I've had anyone clinging to my car as I'm driving like people seemed to do in IV :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Every time I run this it seemingly performs way worse, a few days ago it was running perfectly and now it's a stuttering mess and everything is popping in over and over again, is this just me?

• Locked thread