Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

TehGherkin posted:

I don't think I'll be paying any real-life money for GTA money, I've never done microtransaction stuff for videogames. Even if it means taking longer and having to save up for poo poo that other people already have, I'll just earn the cash in game.
I don't think I'll be playing much of GTAO if they still haven't fixed their wonky shitstain matchmaking they used in GTA4/RDr/MP3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
So like, my total Special meter keeps on dropping. I'm constantly having to bring Franklin's back up to 100.
Does it drain if you die or use another character for a while or something?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Speaking of stocks, are you meant to take advantage of the semi-frequent Merryweather missions and buy stock in them after missions when they dip?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I'm more worried they'll just shift all focus onto GTA:O microtransactions. Want more heist locations? $9.99! New safehouses? $3.99! New weapon pack, only $2.99 and you can only use them online! Single player what's that? You should be playing GTA:O!

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Crappy Jack posted:

The release they put out a day or two ago literally says this won't be the case. They've got a ton of content planned. All those updates are confirmed to be free. Everything in the game will be bought with ingame cash, the microtransactions just give you more cash, and they straight up say that if you want to run around looking like a high roller in the fanciest cars and clothes, you do not have to spend a cent of real life money.
What about the issue they hit with Red Dead Redemption? Microsoft would not allow them to release any more free content hence we had to pay for the MP characters and such.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Trevor telling the his backstory with Michael got cutoff in the Pack Man mission, any YouTube vids or whatever of what the rest of the story was?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
So what's the most valuable moneycase you can find in the ocean?
You have the $12000 one in this video but most maps and guides at the moment are pretty loving untrustworthy, like this map here.
It takes long enough to get loving anywhere by boat in this. I found the best way is to get the scuba gear from the dingy at the docks, drive to the beach, then dive in the water to equip the gear and try to steal a jetski. Everything else is so bloody slow cause of the choppy water.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
You ain't gotta like it cause the hood gone love it

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Yardbomb posted:

I don't even know how people expect it NOT to come to PS4/Xbone. It might take a little longer because I'm betting they'll wanna take advantage of the upped specs, but there's zero chance that it won't come to next-gen.
I suspect they're going to milk this gen for as long as they can, release some major paid DLC for the game, THEN they'll release a GOTY/Episodes of Los Santos type thing to double dip into the next-gens.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Nerolus posted:

Man, I thought I was late to the game buying Piswasser stock last thrusday and then I went on vacation. Figured it probably would've dropped by now but that poo poo has gone UP UP UP. Still climbing and I'm 28.66% up on 10838 shares. :homebrew:
PIScoins.
More valuable than bitcoin.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I'd managed to spray&pray police cars gastanks a lot of the time in chases but the fuel trail disappears after like, 2 meters so you can't light it up.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Q_res posted:

I think you're underestimating a little. I figure any named female character from 5 is probably a safe bet, hopefully Trevor's Mom and Maude are options. If they include women from IV you could get Roman's girlfriend, Michelle, Kate, Elisabeta. And that's assuming I'm not forgetting some, which I almost certainly am. There might not be as much of a shortage of women characters as you think. I think their odd character creation system will be just fine. I love the idea of not having to gently caress with 30 sliders to come up with something.
I like how people are thinking this is the most amazing thing when it's just an automatic Random button. :v:

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Q_res posted:

Except, if you have more than two braincells to rub together it's really not. It's essentially just adding a layer of obfuscation between you and the typical sliders in other games. It shouldn't be all that difficult to game the system to get pretty much whatever you want since they have those modifiers like "couch potato" that influence what you get beyond the parentage element. It seems novel.
You so just mash the Random button until you get something you want then because they don't allow you to play with the sliders? You get a little bit of preference by picking the base to randomize from.
I mean it's a neat way to get around people just Default Character-ing through everything (I can't find the story but a massive amount of players never changed the default player character in Saints Row 3) but it's nothing special.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Willing to bet Australian/NZ won't get the update until tomorrow until AusLive bother to push it through?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Once you brute-force through the intro race it's pretty smooth going, kinda.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Picking the SUV for my personal ride in GTA:O seems a good idea. I've already shot several people over the hoods of their sports cars while my fat-arsed SUV provides good cover.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I like how killing yourself costs $500 :v:

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
When you're holding up a store, if you yell into a mic it's meant to go faster. :suicide:
Don't encourage mic-screeching Rockstar!

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Platystemon posted:

It could be set on a sphere. Or a torus. Those are probably better than invisible walls, but I’ll still take an island. The east side of the city looping back to the west would be weird.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFM2VRNXgFo
Anything in the distance doesn't need to be more than just low poly flat-textured terrain leading into fog.. LA Noir used impassable roadblocks but it still has stuff in the distance. It really wouldn't be that much of an issue to force turn around a player car, or fade the screen to black then face the player back into the map.
But no, 2013 and they're (As in pretty much everyone. The only game that had a real justifiable reason was Just Cause 2) still using the island cop-out.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
So I've just met someone that pretty much looks like me. We even have the same jacket in the same colour but different coloured hair.
GG on the amazing character generator Rockstar.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Bohemian Nights posted:

You realize that you can change your clothing and hair in multiplayer, right?
Oh that's the thing I have done that, we literally chose the same jacket and pants. Our shoes and shirts were different though. And our faces looked very similar too.
Also holyfuck the aiming in this is still annoying as gently caress as GTA4. Snap-target the other player in the middle of the street in a 1-on-1 deathmatch? Naww, here target this civve instead 30 degrees to your left.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Too pro for Tennis, haven't finished a match yet because they keep leaving.
Honestly it's not that hard to return a serve. I just move to the corner then aim to the furthest side, most people can't seem to return that.
Also I think the game just told me to take a shower...

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Stux posted:

1. I havnt been losing money from my bank account, that is the entire point of the bank system so must be a bug?
You do lose banked money when you die. I was having a shootout with some dudes at the docks. I had $20,000 when I started, only $14,000 when I left. There was no-where in the crate city to buy ammo or anything.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
What are the best cars to sell in GTA:O?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Cassa posted:

Well I was having fun with the aussie Kroo in our pink cars tooling around blasting each other. But then I got kicked randomly.

I'll blame the fruity car I had.
What was with that rambling guy? He was going on about the pink car driver that shot him being gay or something because shooting people in Point-to-point GTA races is cheating and I asking which driver (because there was 4/5 of us in pink cars) then I reverse-fired rockets into him and blew him up. :v:

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Marshmallow Blue posted:

If there is. I would Like to know who, so I can stalk them in GTAO and torch their cars while they are inside robbing a store. Surprise dick-bag! Enjoy escaping 3 stars in a station wagon.
Hey hey hey. The Stratum is actually a pretty good car!

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

MMD3 posted:

so... I've only been playing the game for a bit now, just past the first armored car heist.

are the properties ever worth investing in?
You can buy a Los Santos Customs as Franklin. Franklin gets free carmodding if he goes to that one specific LSC.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

nasboat posted:

On my second play through, every time I come back home as Franklin and hear her yelling at me from across the street ("hey booooo! I knew you couldn't stay away!" or whatever the hell it is), I turn around, take out an assault rifle and shoot at the ground near her so that she runs away.

I imagine everyone has tried to run her over in the impound parking lot at least once. How could you not?
Drive a sticky-bomb covered Tow truck when she's in it with you into a moving train, you'll be a hero.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Pook Good Mook posted:

Screw that, give me modern Chicago (Chiraq). Bring back gang wars damnit.
Isn't Watch Dogs in Chicago though?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Das_Bass posted:

I play on the ps3 and ever since the many laundering thing that gave me 23 billion. I've been seeing people lever 300-5000. I really don't get why you'd cheat to that high level. What's the point in even playing if you skip the whole grind.
Because the grind in GTAO is some faux-MMO bullshit that locks you out of fun and the very few decent missions. Some car mods unlock at arbitrary levels too, while other mods you have to unlock with race wins, so good luck playing with pubbies with Custom cars on.
Unless getting killed over and over by a level-80 with an Advance rifle when you're only a level 5 with a dinky pistol sounds like a good fun time to you.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Das_Bass posted:

on the topic of GTA stock markets, what ever happened to the GTAO having it's own Stocks? Do they not want us making money with it or something?
Cash card sales are down! We can't have something like stocks where they can make money for free!

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

cubicle gangster posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HauN98naZ9U

The reason why it looks so good is because it wasn't done by hand, because that would take forever and no amount of resources are enough for that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hehg9o3r3rs
Backbreaker Vengeance is the game you show off when talking about Euphoria.

From what I remember of Euphoria, you can animate a basic action and it will do the rest of the heavier work when set up properly.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I think for the most part they've been busy fixing the various cash glitches online so their returns on the shark cards look good to their investors.
Gotta patch those holes up before they release the game on Xbone/PS4.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Single player updates come out at the same time as the multiplayer updates. MP doesn't update unless it's a new content patch or it's a critical money glitch in MP they need to patch out.

ExplodingSquid posted:

This is interesting...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJDMIcQfEvs

Full moon party Easter egg that is yet to be cracked.
We could do that but we had to patch in a Quick GPS function that we ported from the Online component of the game :v:

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

circ dick soleil posted:

They're not going to delay the next-gen remake because a 10 year old is duping Adders. Don't be stupid.
These are back from February:
http://www.totalxbox.com/70645/take-two-defends-gta-onlines-micro-transactions/

quote:

"We made it plain that we prefer to expand resources after we see revenues not before," Zelnick noted.
http://www.craveonline.com.au/gaming/articles/647689-gta-online-makes-66-million-from-microtransactions-in-4-months

quote:

The result has been over $66 million in additional gross revenue from post-retail purchases,
The only stuff is an upgrade to Special Edition or whatever to get the .50 pistol with a few other things, and microtransaction cash cards.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Top Hats Monthly posted:

That ISIS video is hilarious

Can I say that I'm really nervous for the PC release of GTA V? I feel like we're gonna get shafted again :ohdear:
Rockstar made the video so they don't have to release it on PC and cut into their cashcard sales. :tinfoil:

Also lol, that just confirms that Ploygon doesn't even bother to play games anymore where apparently the Forbes article correctly identified the game.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Knuc U Kinte posted:

If your PC can run it...why even consider PS4.
Because PC GTA 4 was a loving horrible horrible port and considering how much time they spent fixing money glitches/fussing over Shark Cards in GTA:O instead of adding content I'm worried about them pulling a FarCry2/MaxPayne3 when it comes to modding.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
RIP PSN?
Sounds like it's gonna die again when the game is unlocked unless they've finally upgraded from paper mache servers.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

snodig posted:

A first person mode, improved graphics, improved weather effects (and new weather effects), foliage which can be used to hide in from the police and others, new missions for all characters, a different dashboard for every vehicle, improved map and menu/options, much faster load times, new wildlife, ROCK SOLID FRAMERATE, forced perspective in online races and upping the limit to 30 people online is a pretty good start for a remake. And with all the subtle things that happens while in first person mode I'm going to feel much more immersed. It's been a year since I played through the SP so I'm stoked.
I guess this means you can lock races into third person/bumper cam/first person? Because yay, MORE poo poo to fracture apart online racing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Mice Everywhere posted:

Anyone not racing in first person isn't worthy of sharing the road with. :colbert:
Oh I'm all for Midnight Club: Not-LA 2. But are the No-Contact, The Commute, Supercars-Only pubbies?

• Locked thread