Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crappers
Jun 16, 2012
Found myself wandering on foot as Franklin in Sandy Shores after parachuting in. Then I hear some explosions coming from around the corner and the odd person fleeing and screaming in terror. Not surprisingly I soon find Trevor, still sporting his scuba gear from earlier and throwing grenades between swigs of bourbon. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crappers
Jun 16, 2012

piratepilates posted:

I like how for a drunk driving mission the dude just wanted me to drive to his house up the road in Los Santos but I ended up driving him past his house, up the hills, past the Vinewood part of the country, past barns and small country towns, and up a mountain on the other side of the island.

You'd think he'd be more concerned than he was.

And similarly that poor bastard that just wanted to go play golf. The course literally about a minute drive down the road. Instead I opted to show him a errr... alternative country club I thought he might like even more.

Crappers
Jun 16, 2012

Powershift posted:

gently caress this loving mission, and gently caress kifflom.

i got to 3.7 actually doing it, and it said i stepped out of the zone. Now i'm fuckin cheating.

Did the same thing but had him running circles. Only had to readjust once when I realised he was slowly circling onto the train tracks. Kifflom.

Crappers
Jun 16, 2012

Brasseye posted:

Go to Paleto Bay, opposite most of the buildings next to the train track are a bunch of big industrial looking buildings. round the back near the tracks is a yellow pipe, climb a ladder and walk along the pipe until you reach the metal roof. Theres a loft room thats fantastic for holding off the cops and if you time it right you can escape by jumping on the train.

Man this was a fun spot. And then I hilariously missed my jump onto the train by inches and face planted. Almost evaded the 5 stars in a cop car but eventually they got me.

Crappers
Jun 16, 2012
My new favourite pastime.

Fun little spot at the meth lab for defending off waves of cops. Then when it starts to heat up too much hop my previously stashed bike and have an epic chase through the desert. Feels like I'm playing Motocross Madness with the added risk of death.

Crappers
Jun 16, 2012

UnknownMercenary posted:

it's been said before, but I'm disappointed neither that or the armored fat suit are unlockables.

This is one of the few things that's bugging me. For a game that really seems to have brought the fun back into GTA and then to not let you access these items at any time is just bizarre. Would make more sense in an online setting but for loving around in free roam single player I want all the toys.

Crappers
Jun 16, 2012
I still haven't experienced scooter brothers at about 40 hours of play. :(

Crappers
Jun 16, 2012
Really no surprise this is broken for most people including myself. Did we really expect this whole thing to run smoothly from day 1? Will try again tomorrow with fingers crossed!

Crappers
Jun 16, 2012
Got as far as the "waiting for other players" screen, first race. Music is still playing and that little loading symbol spinning. But it's been sitting there for about 10 minutes now. Frozen? I'm afraid to turn it off having not gotten this far before.

Crappers
Jun 16, 2012

Strayah! This will be our outfit.

Crappers
Jun 16, 2012
So yeah, online is fun as hell when you manage to team up with crew/friends. Loving the races too. Honestly I'm surprised how well this is working now.

Crappers
Jun 16, 2012
Any good specials/coupons for a Steam key floating about? Everywhere I look this is at least 70AU which is a little much (I'm weak and will end up buying it anyway though).

Crappers
Jun 16, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

Just mix in the Hotline Miami 2 soundtrack and you're golden.

:krad:

:):hf::)

Drive, Kavinsky's Outrun, Hotline Miami 1 & 2, good to go.

You stole my playlist. Also added the Far Cry Blood Dragon and Dredd soundtracks. I'm a heavy metal person 99% of the time but this just seems right.

Crappers
Jun 16, 2012
I have a very important question... how do you flip people the bird online?

Crappers
Jun 16, 2012
FINALLY had a successful heist experience. The prison break. Was fun as poo poo. No people randomly leaving. No mysterious disconnects or lag. Good times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crappers
Jun 16, 2012
Did the prison break again. Made it to the end without much trouble. There I am waiting on the beach with the chopper. One guy parachutes in, second guy parachutes in... third guy goes careening directly into a cliff dying on impact. FAIL. gently caress I laughed so hard though it was worth it.

• Locked thread