Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

Dinotron posted:

So is there an active Goon presence on Rockstar Social Club, or will we be starting a new Goon Squad crew when GTA: Online launches next week? I had much rather play with goons than random pubbies and I think we should put a link to the active crew(s) in the OP.

There's a whole bunch of stuffs about crews in the private game forum thingy.

Waltzing Along posted:

Since this thread is new, how about a spoiler thread so 1/2 this one isn't full of black bars?

There was this one. But it was pre-game release and it never really seemed to take off.

Also - If I take a car out of my garage and abandon it on a mission what happens to it? Does it find its way back home, does it get impounded? or does the car fairy take it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Rudager posted:

Done this first assasination with Franklin about 30 loving times now, it's absolute bullshit, he gets grazed by 2 bullets and goes down every loving time.

gently caress ME, I've never been so frustrated at a game before. I did this a couple of times before but gave up, now I got to a point where I loving HAVE to do it.

EDIT: GOD loving drat IT! It's so loving frustrating becuase normally I'd just give up and move onto another game, but I want to keep going.

Park on top of the car park and snipe him. I think the game even suggests you get to a vantage point.

Marshmallow Blue posted:

Is there anyone who's trying to make their trevor look like Walter White? Where can I go buy one of those hats, if it at all?

Someone made Michael look like Walter and even got the R.V. and put the bullet holes in the door. This was all posted in the last thread and I'm too lazy to look for it because it was like 50 pages ago.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

A c E posted:

Trevor is totally Beetlejuice. The voice, the actions. I just need a black/white suit and to be able to dye the hair.

Now it's been said I can't help but see Trevor as Bettlejuice.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Spikeguy posted:

Which radio stations do you find yourself enjoying the most? I can't seem to get into any of the rock stations so I usually hang out with West Coast Classics. Those are some smooth beats.

I usually chill out with Channel X, The talk show channel and every now and then Rebel Radio.

This game needs K-dust, K-rose and Kabron from Saints Row.

Baron FU posted:

Franklins version had me laughing for several minutes. It's by far the best one after you have done the others and seen their reaction.

I saw Fraklins version coming a mile off. It was still funny though.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Metanaut posted:

How the hell are you supposed to do Franklins first weed smuggling mission for Barry? I somehow managed to run off fine the first try, but since the game didn't give you any note that there would be a time limit, I stopped by at Ammonation to stock up and noticed the tiny timer box in the corner too late. The yellow dot was at the nose of my car when the timer ran out. :negative:

Now I can't loving do it anymore. The truck sucks rear end, there's the timelimit and immediate 3 stars, no matter where or how I drive, the game pulls the usual GTA trick of spawning cop cars out of thin air right where you're heading. One time I drove behind a completely empty warehouse yard thinking I could lose them, when a one single cop materialised out of nowhere, like literally popped in right in front of me and started shooting at me, resetting the alarm level. :psyduck:

This is the first mission to make me ragequit (twice now). I thought I was clever and shoot the cops watching over the truck before going in, but of course they spawn back as soon as you leave the area.

It took me 8 attempts. I worked it into a system of before I leave with the truck I set my own target to the place it needs to be dropped off at, when that done I then drive as fast as I can with the cops and drive along train tracks and ally ways and across the beach etc.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

I just get annoyed at how quickly wanted levels rise. One minute I'm driving along and then 30 seconds later I have a 5 star wanted level and I have people jumping out of helicopters at me. :psyduck:

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Dewgy posted:

Uh, unless you ran somewhere you shouldn't be, you have to kill a lot of cops and blow up a decent amount of equipment to get to five stars.

One star is alerted, two stars is aggressive, three is helicopters, four is SWAT, five is... helicopter SWAT I think?

I may have blown up a car or two by throwing grenades out of the window. I usually end up dying to people shooting me out of helicopters just for a minor offense of hitting a cop car that escalates into me killing a whole bunch of cops that are psychic and no exactly where I am hiding even when I'm all the way out of sight.

Put it this way - I died 4 times and each time achieved at least a 4 star wanted level driving from Trevors house to the airfield to do the drug running. Then I turned off my console.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Lets see if I can get a definitive answer on the new thread.

If I store a vehicle in a garage, an actual garage, and I take it out on a mission, abandon it or it blows up or whatever will it respawn in the garage or will it be gone forever?

edit: I just parked a car as Franklin and got out just and for some reason I got a wanted rating and a cop instantly killed me. What?

FallinInTheBlak fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Sep 26, 2013

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

I just transitioned to Michael and he was riding the Ferris wheel.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Falken posted:

:ohdear:

I reloaded a previous save because the overweight little rear end in a top hat had grown on me.

You monster!

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Has anyone done the gun running mission with Trevor where you have to bomb the enemy runners base and destroy all their stuff? I tried 5 times and then gave up so therefore it is impossible to complete.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Harlock posted:

So at around the half point mark in the game, I believe, my characters all seem to have gravitated towards a certain gun. Did this happen for everyone else as well? Trevor has thousands of shotgun ammo, Michael has a lot of carbine ammo, and Franklin has a bunch of SMG/Pistol ammo. I never really visited Ammunation except for missions that required you to buy stuff. Do they pick up ammo on their own when you aren't controlling them? Mission rewards?

For some reason my Trevor has over 10000 shotgun shells. I know for a fact I've never bought more than 200.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

I'm trying to do the mission where you play as Franklin and rescue Michael from the factory But some of the NPCs are invisible and Franklin is dying in one bullet from everything, literally full health to dead instantly. Has anyone else encountered something like this? It's pissing me off as I've spent 40 minutes trying to do it. A reboot didn't help either.

edit: Managed to blow everything up with the grenade launcher, rpg and grenades. Finally hit a cutscene with Michael and everyone became visible.

FallinInTheBlak fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Sep 27, 2013

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

So if my garage is full is there anything else I can do to store/save cars? I'm using the impound as a cache at the moment but I expect the garage fairy to eat them at some point.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

PIS is at $5.61 on the 360. I'm glad I got in at $1 :allears: I wonder what it'll go to.

It's too bad that I did have that much money to invest in the first place.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

As well as a Stock/Share Investment thread. Why not ask for a sub-forum whilst we're at it?

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

AI Trevor isn't very good at parking a bulldozer.

I also recieved a text message from Jimmy in which he used "#swag".

Then I decided to try and hijack a metro train, it didn't let me so I killed the driver who then fell on the controls which made the train sped off extremely fast and so the passengers all started screaming and were jumping out of the windows just to hit the wall and die. :allears:

FallinInTheBlak fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Sep 28, 2013

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

:siren:Just a heads up for anyone seriously investing in PIS on the 360. According to the graphs it's starting to drop back down.:siren:

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

I just transitioned to Trevor and found him waking up drunk on the train tracks just as a train was about to run him over. He throws his bottle of booze on the ground and just walks away. :allears:

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Medullah posted:

I'm sure this has been asked in the thread...but anyone have any experience with any of those devices that let you use a mouse and keyboard on the Xbox 360? I am seriously atrocious at trying to do any aiming/shooting in this game (or any other) with a controller.

It's called a Xim or as I like to call them "cheater pads".

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

PIS is at $6 now. What are we expecting it to peak at? I currently have 120m invested into it.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

GazChap posted:

Just had the game freeze up about halfway through the transporter journey to Paleto Bay with Devin Weston's stolen vehicles.

First problem I've had with the game though, not even losing cars out of garages or anything.

I had the exact same issue in the exact same instance. I was just about to go on the freeway and my game locked up. I thought it was my console but it seems to much of a coincidence to be that.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

I don't know why everyone thinks it so difficult to steal a fighter jet. I stole mine the first try by going through the main gate in a tractor as Michael and drove down the runway as they were shooting at me until I found one.

edit: I just tried to fly a 747, when I got it and began to fly it immediately exploded - what do?

double edit: I just honked my horn at a police officer and got a 2 star wanted level? :confused::confused:

FallinInTheBlak fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Sep 29, 2013

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Pleads posted:

:sigh: "Your garage is full, remove a car to make space for this one!"

Except the car you're in disappears when you go into the garage and come out with a car. Damnit, Rockstar, fix the little bugs please!

Goodpart posted:

I found the Zion Cabrio I'd been looking for after a day of searching. My garage was full and so I went inside to make space. It was gone when I came back out. :suicide:

I later learned to love the safehouse garage as a holdover for the main one. So long as you always have one space open SOMEWHERE, you can make it work. Switch between characters if you need to.

The cars get towed usually. Check the impound.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Requesting permission to re-rename the thread to "Grand Theft Auto V: Stock Simulator 2014".

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

I've gotta say, on the whole GTA IV thing, that it is the first GTA I got bored of and didn't complete. In fact I don't think I even got 1/5th of the way through it.

I really enjoyed Vice City, III and San Andreas. I didn't play much of the spin offs other than Liberty City Stories (which I liked) .

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Falukorv posted:

Doing the Kifflom quests now, Jesus Christ is one of them tedious.

So wearing a robe for 10 days? Since i have no other side-missions or main missions left with Michael, i either better find something to with him or pass the time by sleeping in his bed 40 times.

I hope i get to go town on those Epsilon fuckers.

But seriously, missions like these should be cut, they don't add to anything, they're just tedious chores.
And yeah, i've spoiled myself enough that i know Epsilon will make me run around in a desert for an hour.

Doesn't make it easier that Michael changes clothes on his own everytime you change to another character, so you'll have to play as Michael the entire time, no way of passing the time doing stuff for the other characters.

*cough* skip time *cough* save game *cough* *cough*

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Hey Rockstar, how about you invest some of that $1,000,000,000 on a better character creation system and a wider selection of hairstyles and hats? :argh:

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Creepy Goat posted:

Any UK 360 players getting a real smooth experience? Been playing most of the day, logged in and out a few times too without any re-connecting hitches. Maybe there are region-specific servers and it's the US servers making GBS threads the bed (since there's way more people connecting)?

Dear God no.

On a side note: How am I supposed to store money? I know it is supposed to be through the ATM but how to access it?

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Me and my homie.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Aishan posted:

2. Likewise, Jets are available off the bat in Fort Zancudo. I expect it to be fairly tricky to grab these alone, but me and FallenInTheBlak both went for one at the same time, and I managed to fly off with one fairly easily while I left him to die as the cold, heartless man that I am.
:argh:

I was trying to find the dump truck spawn down by the docks when you parked your helicopter in front of me. I just want to run the pubbies cars over with it.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

My Adventures from the past 2 hours:

1) I managed to get a 5 star wanted rating from robbing a store.
2) A pubbie was invincible and kept killing me constantly. I kept repeatedly spawning on my corpse which he was looking at.
3) Auto-aim is loving stupid.
4) Apparently there is a limit on cars you can sell? I sold 1 car and haven't been able to sell a single car since.

Also the game says I'm no longer in a crew even though I know I am. Is anyone else getting this?

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Falken posted:

If you steal an SUV like the Gallivanter, sell it at Los Santos customs for 8k plus and then switch over to a single player character and back to your online one the time limit for selling another vehicle appears to be lifted.

You could have told me that before I turned off my console with annoyance and went to the pub! :argh:

I forgive you.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

I swapped to Trevor to find him driving through Fort Zancudo in a Super Diamond dodging tank shells. Cool.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

There are quite a few different collectibles and some of them yield interesting rewards.

http://uk.ign.com/wikis/gta-5/Collectibles

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

TheRamblingSoul posted:

For anyone still worried about car deformation in GTA V:

:staredog:

And it only costs $733 to repair!

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

jerkstoresup posted:

Is it even possible to set a car on fire by damaging it while driving? That used to happen constantly in the old games. In GTAV, I've had cars crash at high speed many times, lose tires and become horribly deformed but never set on fire and explode.

A welcome change if that's the case.

I've had it happen quite a lot to me. But nowhere near as often as having my car roll over and the gas tank exploding.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Whaaaaaaaaaaat. I never got to do that :stare: When/how does it become available?

Once you've taken the family to see him an icon pops up outside his house, go to it to trigger it. You get a choice to kill him or let him go free. I wanted to kill him but when I left his house my family stole my sports car and so he was able to drive away in his.

Even if I didn't get to do what I wanted to do I did have an interesting email conversation with him afterwards.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Trevor and some of his new rides:

The Pegassi Monroe~

The Super Diamond~

Trevor actually stole this from someone desperate to get to their wedding. They didn't make it.

Now that I've just bought trevor a bunch of classic cars and pimped them out can I drive them around and leave them in places? Will they return to my garage now that they've released a patch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Metanaut posted:

No. :( Upgrading cars other than your default ones is still worthless. I lost all my fully upgraded muscle cars for each character.

I finally finished the story, I think. Is there more post-story missions than get the drug truck with Trevor? Do you just have to drive around until you spot one?

drat it. I know that if I leave them lying around they will sometimes get impounded but if they explode I'd rather not lose them (lol realism).

I just hope they fix that and bring out more garage space/garages in dlc :allears:

• Locked thread