Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
If there's ever long form DLC for this game on the scope and size of like Undead Nightmare from RDR then I want it to exclusively be the Trevor & Lamarr Show. Possibly like a buddy cop flick or something.

...those two got chemistry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
poo poo, I completely glomed over the fact that GTA:O launches here real soonish. (related: jesus H christ it's basically October already?!?) Went and googled a few stories and oh yes... oh yes indeed. I'm going to fully look forward to first-world goons (and the internet as a whole) coming in here and freaking out that GTA:O is most likely going to have server issues when it starts up. "OMG I PAID 60 BUX FOR THIS BROKEN poo poo!!!!" <shoots youtube video of him throwing an empty green DVDcase in a toilet>

Does no one remember how messy RDR online was at launch? And that's way less ambitious - but evolved into awesomeness.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

DrBouvenstein posted:

gently caress helicopters.

That is all.

I believe this was, basically, my first post-release-night GTA:V post about two weeks ago. :D

:reject::respek::reject:

The could be awesome but the "meh" controls just make them "meh".

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

causticBeet posted:

The controls are fine it's just the dumb turbulence that makes them unfun to fly

I want a different control scheme option that has the collective and anti-torque rotor on the right stick vis a vie Battlefield 3 and GTA: Vice City with NO auto-centering (source of a lot of the wobble) and will except no substitutes. :colbert:

But yeah that fake rear end "turbulence" poo poo suuuuuuuucks.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

RatHat posted:

The first time I used a helicopter I landed it slightly crooked and when I exited I was killed by the blades.

I was trying to steal the fighter jet from the base, zooming in all low and making great, fast, short landings with the Cuban 500 when I set down perfectly to hop out and run to the jet.

Yeah, I ran forward directly in to the still-spooling-down propeller blades <CHOOM> WASTED

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Psion posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0nsBvcj4OA

Well I tried flying for the first time. That went okay, so I figured I'd try landing.

Wow, Los Santos ATC is gonna have some 'splain to do to the FAA. :golfclap:

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Crappers posted:

I still haven't experienced scooter brothers at about 40 hours of play. :(

Same here - I still have never seen Scooter Brothers. :reject::respek::(

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Pleads posted:

There's a nice convenient ramp for you.

There are a series of nice, convenient ramps for him in case he misses. I wouldn't know this, though - cause I totally hit it on the first try.

I didn't hit it on the 1st, 2nd, 5th or 7th try... I suck w/ dirtbikes shutup leave me alone

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Pleads posted:

Oh, there's more than one? How quaint. :smuggo:

Duke Chin posted:

... I suck w/ dirtbikes shutup leave me alone

:colbert:

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
Yup I just for patched. Seattle WA whatup.

Macys I'm on my way guuurl

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
Chopper Dave had just flown into LS and got picked up by mother loving Lamar!

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
Yes... Yessss - the vitriol has begun...

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Chick3n posted:

Where's Cypress Flats? I went to the marker and nothins happening.

Follow blue marker: Get out of your car.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-24335528

"oh poo poo we sold a lot.. "

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
Edit: ^^^ ...or that. Hah

I can just imagine some panicked Scotsman somewhere physically tearing cat5 cables out and replacing old, busted routers somewhere trying to get gta:o working for 15 million people on the first morning.

...poor Seamus MacItguy.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Frankston posted:

Why is John Marston an option for your dad? Not complaining, I just thought it was GTA characters only.

Well now let's be honest: RDR is basically GTA w/ horses. :v:

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

FallinInTheBlak posted:

Dear God no.

On a side note: How am I supposed to store money? I know it is supposed to be through the ATM but how to access it?

Screw the atm's, you can just use your phone. Go to financial services via the internet and maze-bank.com or whatever is below lcs and bawsaq - then you can deposit all your cash from there.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Hobo Clown posted:

How does that work? You just cram the money into the speaker?

It seems a bit weird to tout the whole "You can steal people's money after they rob a place!" when anyone can make the money literally unstealable immediately after getting it.

...where do you hide all those guns?

Short answer: I don't care - it just keeps your hands off me lucky charms.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Rakthar posted:

A while back the games industry did some research that the longer people go without playing a given game, the more likely they are not to pick it back up. Similarly the more often people play, the more likely they are to stick with it.

So if you have any kind of recurring revenue stream (sub, f2p cash shop, advertising revenue) it's in your interest to keep your players coming back regularly. Cue tons of games, from MMOs with Dailies, to Facebook cash grabs, to f2p titles, all including some form of 'daily' thing you can do for rewards.

In this case, it appears that the 'reward' for logging in regularly is not losing your stats, hooray! Make sure to log in regularly to maintain your engagement and interest level with their title, because that maximizes the odds of you spending some cash or caring about their brand / game / franchise, things the company wants you to do.

Not only all that, but you don't even have to IMPLEMENT that system. Just imply or threaten that it's there (say, in a hint/tip screen) and that would be motivation enough.

Cause, as we're seeing in this thread and others: holy poo poo it's way too easy to rattle the lot of you.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
I'm setting the over/under at three weeks for most of the massive connection issues to pan out. PLACE YER BETS :clint:

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Torabi posted:

So I jumped off a building with a parachute after finishing a mission. Just waiting for the game to show the mission complete screen. (I just had to leave the area) The screen comes up while I am still gliding around with my parachute. Franklin decides to take out his phone to call the mission giver, which results in the parachute vanishing and I fall to my death. So I failed the mission. :v:

I fully expect new legislation passed in the San Andreas state senate requiring hands-free-while-parachuting devices.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Stux posted:

Ive been playing online and keep getting thrown into friends games which is excellent. I just got put in a friends game, so went and stole a police car. I then followed him around with the lights on chasing him, he apparently though i was just another police officer as he had a wanted level so went in the pay and spray. I waited next to and as soon as he left started chasing him again, killed him, took his personal car and threw it in the ocean. Hes blocked me from playing with him now :(

I hope that he's a goon and that he comes here bitching "OMGWTF the wanted system is sooooo broke fuckin' R*!!!!" :emo:

(I applaud your actions, however :golfclap:)

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

SplitSoul posted:

It should probably go at the top of the OP that :siren: you should make a manual save or three before attempting to play Online, perhaps even before accepting the patch :siren:, or you might lose or gain unwanted progress in single-player because Rockstar.

Seriously, the game allows you to make as many saves as you want and does so pretty quickly why the gently caress aren't people doing this anyway?!?

I am amused that R* is pretty much :dice:'ey at the moment.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Hace posted:

That reminds me, if you need to mute anyone:

Pause the game > Go to the Online tab > Press the Players button > Go to town

Took me a little bit to find it at first, to the point I was afraid it wasn't even there.

Thanks, I was wondering where that was last night when some pub decided to do the ol' BLOW-REAL-HARD-IN-THE-MIC routine cause he's a hilarious guy.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

SplitSoul posted:

I agree. However, it appears not everybody does this, or maybe they realised what had happened too late and had overwritten their save(s) or whatever, but I doubt anyone expects an Online patch to break their single-player game.

Yeah I hear ya. I always have a rotating pile of about 5-6 saves where, when I go to quicksave, I just overwrite the oldest of the six. That way I always have a backup from not very far back in addition to the autosave to go back to in case what happened, happens. :shrug:

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

crusader_complex posted:

"Youve been kicked by the other players"

Excuses, excuses...

I am 99.9998% certain that that is a placeholder/default alert everytime you get a net split / dumped from the server at the moment.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
Me and a bunch of other swank goon street dudes bros played for hours tonight. Only saw about 1-2 glitches through the whole thing.

It. Was. Awesome.

Chopper-thievery-crew owns bones.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Harmonica posted:

Oh god I just got into a duel with some guy, while he was dead I drove off in his car and got it stuck down in the subway. If there are trains in multiplayer this just gave me a nice idea.

There are indeed trains in multiplayer. I stole somebody here's orange-rear end car earlier and maybe just kinda sorta :airquote:accidentally:airquote: parked the rear end of it under a locomotive.

Totally accidentally.

Then I may have accidentally air-striked two other goons who were racing down a desert highway IT WASN'T MY FAULT the sun was in my eyes.
(sorry guys)

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Gunder posted:

How the hell did you get 80k that fast? I've been playing since launch, and only just got to the point where I can afford the cheapest 25k garage.

What Grunty said - Me, him, Brostar and Hezaius teamed up and got that mission down to a loving science. A super quick $5k with a quick turnover = house in no time + fun times trying to cross a single road.

CAAAAAAAAAAAR! <FWOMP>

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

the truth posted:

Files called jet pack have been added to the game in recent patches, though. Maybe something in DLC.

I'm gonna laugh if all those are are just callbacks to the Basera Jet's file packs in the Flight School update.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

UnknownMercenary posted:

Lots of really good quality of life things like vehicle insurance and ownership, car delivery, healing from inventory, etc only exist in multiplayer unless that all got patched in since I last played. The patch right before I quit added the inventory menu but all you could do was change hats and glasses (which didn't even remove wanted levels like it does in multiplayer) and use the quick GPS.

Nope, snacks/car delivery/mechanic/a garage worth a poo poo still isn't in SP.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

moto posted:

The Saboteur is great. It's set in WWII Paris. You get to climb all over buildings and kill nazis.

I really need to play this game - I've heard nothing but good things about it / kinda got that underrated buzz about it. :shrug:

Psion posted:

(but not to purchase twice, sorry GTAV PC)
You and I both know you're going to buy it on a steam sale. :colbert: yeah I don't like the double dipping either

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Psion posted:

Alright, if it's 75% off and I have a few bucks in my steam wallet, yeah, okay, maybe shut up.

But full price or anything close? No - easily, no. My huge steam backlog is an excellent defense against any full-price buys, much less ones I already own on another platform.

Yeah, same here - Hell, I still have yet to finish Sleeping Dogs and I haven't even ever started Bully. So I can wait for GTAVPC

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
e: ^^^^ seriously, I hope they add some more content there besides just collectible bullshit. The new sub is at least a step in the right direction.

As someone who owns both a console and a pc and plays dumb games on both and will probably own GTA:V on them both at some point soon shuuuuuuuuuuuut the fuuuuuuuck uppppppppppp

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Top Hats Monthly posted:

I really wish the PC release wasn't later...I can't justify buying a new console

Samesies, hockey-bud. :reject::respek::( - Although I may actually be able to offset some of the cost of a PS4/game via a birthday/xmas split since they're kinda close together but not close enough where I get screwed by a combo-holiday. :v:

I DON'T KNOW WHAT I WANNA DO :ohdear:

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

A. Beaverhausen posted:

If you have a pc that can handle it ... just wait.

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGH ADULT WITH DISCRETIONARY INCOME AND PURCHASING POWER HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGH

:homebrew:

edit: (hah, an "adult" who can't wait to spend money on fuckin' video games)

Duke Chin fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Nov 11, 2014

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Pwnstar posted:

So are helicopters going to fly straight now or are they still going to jitterbug through the skies?

So - loving - help - me if that goddamn fake rear end "turbulence" is still in when you have 100% flying skill!!!! :argh: It will be equal parts DukeRage™ and A Scathing Yelp Review. :argh:

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Look what we have to look forward you

Hnnnnnnnnnngh :dong: :hfive:

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

mysterious frankie posted:

Supposedly not getting my preorder until sometime between Nov 24st-Dec 1st. Thanks, Amazon. *shoves hands in pockets, kicks can ruefully, slouched off into the mist*

Cancel order, walk your cheeto-eating fedora-wearing goon rear end to a store and buy it. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

i must compose posted:

Can't believe this thread fell to the 2nd page. Shameful.

But is there some kind of goon crew I can join?

There sure is:

All Goons are uniting under one banner:

:siren: http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/leet_like_jeff_k :siren:

• Locked thread