Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
If the Advanced SMG is a special edition bonus weapon, how come I have it and I only have the normal edition? I have it on frank and mike, haven't unlocked Trevor yet. Didn't even get the game on day one. Also I got the atomic blimp code as well. :whatup:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
I can't believe that The Alan Parsons Project "I Wouldn't Want to Be Like You" is a track on the rock station.

That is just so loving cool, it's such a loving great jam, and mentally fun to drive to in real life and GTA. I would have never, ever figured to find it in a video game, since it is hardly a well known song. Well done Rockstar. Your music selection is fantastic by my standards, even if it is just for this one track.

Now, some Zappa on the classic rock station in GTA VI is next on the list.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

Offensive Clock

Law posted:

Alright so is there any way I can skip the you-know-what mission? I am seriously not comfortable playing that. Shelving the game until I can go back to cruising down highways to Rihanna and stalking celebrities.

OK I gotta know what exactly you are referring to here. Only maybe 1/5th a way through the game but I'm intrigued. Vaguely spoiler me, someone.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

Offensive Clock

leidend posted:

Awesome, xbox live has decided now is the time to make me enter a third (!!!) contact e-mail/phone and then not send me the verification number. I've tried several different ones and now I have to go to bed.

Thanks for making it easy to cancel live and go back to PS, MS.

Yeah, this has happened to me twice now. Luckily the verification stuff didn't seem to be necessary as it let me login without it fine.

I really hate dealing with Xbox lives account/billing system, it is seriously the most hosed up poorly designed buggy unreliable confusing shitfucked piece of software and systems ever. I'm talking all of it, the website, the stuff on the console. Everything. Ever try dealing with payment or credit card issues with live? I hope not because it is the biggest pain in the rear end.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

Offensive Clock
Man, I really wish there was a driving camera option where the view is tilted slightly forwards, like in the direction that would make it a top down view. That way you can see the traffic coming towards you a shitload easier. Or better yet, just let me click the right stick to lock the camera wherever I moved the free control to.

It's super frustrating how no free roam driving games have a camera view option like this. Every default angle is just right behind the car parallel to the street. It's hard to see traffic coming when I'm going 140mph down the road, damnit.

Also how is it possible the aiming mechanic in GTAV, a 3rd person shooter released in 2013, is still just as terrible as GTAIV. Is free aim so hard to accomplish without it feeling sluggish, mushy, slow, and inaccurate? To the point where you have to use aim assist, which makes shooting dull and require no skill. It's seriously incredible to me how bad the free aim is in GTAV. Like no progress made since the last game. Why can't they have nice accurate snappy aiming like Saint's row, or every other game ever? It's a million times more fun shooting in Saints Row. I can actually get headshots, and I'm not constantly be fighting with the aim controls. GTAV would be so much more fun if it were like that.

Even bargain bin games have better free aim control than GTAV. It's a joke.

Damo fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Oct 4, 2013

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

Offensive Clock
Wow, thanks guys. I obviously glossed over that one every time I looked at the options.

Can you fix the lovely aiming mechanic now? Is there an option for that?

edit: VVV That doesn't do anything to help the aim controls acting like you are submerged in molasses and caramel with 10 pound weights on each wrist. But yeah, at least I can see the crosshair which I have a marginal amount of control over. 4+ years and 200+ million dollars and hundreds of developers and not one said, "hey man our free aim mechanic, something we have struggled with in past games, is absolutely garbage still. Should we maybe fix that?

Damo fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Oct 4, 2013

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

Offensive Clock

TheJoker138 posted:

Turn on free aiming.

The whole point of my tirade is that free aim is poo poo, did you somehow miss that? I have to use auto aim because with the new hardcore amount of damage you take, free aim is not nearly versatile enough to keep up with killing enemies fast enough to not die all the time. I can either take 5 seconds to line up a shot that would take me <1 in every other game with decent aiming mechanics, and die, or just use autoaim and paint by numbers my way through all the battles.

People who use free aim, how in the name of god do you keep crosshairs on moving dudes, especially people moving perpendicular to you, well enough to justify not using auto aim? Trying to hit moving dudes ALONE is reason enough to never use free aim. It's loving impossible.

edit: VV So how do you manage to hit moving dudes so well (without strafing yourself) reliably enough to not be forced into autoaim? What am I missing, because I can't do it for poo poo. Awkward as it is to say, I am pretty good at aiming in video games with whatever controllers, so don't say "stop sucking." poo poo, even just trying to change aim from a dude on one side to someone on the other side of the screen is hard to do quickly enough to survive in GTAV, but any other game is no problem.

How would you compare the feel of the aiming in GTAV versus, say, Saints Row? I'm curious if you find it identical or even similar at all, because that would be mental to me. They are worlds apart in quality.

Damo fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Oct 4, 2013

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

Offensive Clock
GTAV has an acceleration component to it it seems. When the crosshairs are still, the stick is tuned to move them at a more fine pace. As you pick up your aiming movement, this sensitivity increases, which make stick movement move the crosshairs faster.

It sounds fine in theory, but what happens is that (for me at least) the muscle memory of aiming gets all hosed up because you don't have a analog stick that relates your movement to cursor movement the same every time you move it. The amount the stick movement affects the crosshair movement varies depending on what the acceleration is doing.

So in a game like SRIV, I know that if I move the stick a certain amount, it will always move the crosshair by the same amount. In GTAV this is not the case, and as a result the movement feels more "wild" and floaty I guess. It takes a lot of stick movement to get the cursor going fast to acquire a new target, then less to keep it going at the speed you picked up to, then more again still to line up the shot once you slow it down upon reaching your target.

All that opposed to just holding down the control stick the same amount to move the cursor the same speed from start to finish.

I hope that makes sense. I could be completely wrong about this, and there is no acceleration, but this is what it feels like to me. Maybe something else is causing it.

Damo fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Oct 4, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

Offensive Clock
I started the UFO collection S&F quest with Franklin a while back, but never started collecting the parts. Now about 30% more through the game later, the UFO location bubbles and any other map indicators for the quest aren't on the map anymore.

Is this a known bug or am I just missing something? How to get the UFO collection quest to come back for Franklin?

• Locked thread