Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Pleads posted:

How the hell do you trigger that last mission? loving thing won't show up for me.
It's on top of the Maze bank building, you have to fly or parachute to get to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Goddamn the Heists were so good. I hope any DLC is all them, all the time.

How do you actually begin the Black Dahlia-style murder investigation chain?

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

VarXX posted:

There won't be any DLC outside of GTA:Online, and you can create your own heists as well as download other players' heists when it launches.
This is entirely better if it works at all!

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

NESguerilla posted:

Speaking of motorcycles, I think it's kind of weird that everything in the game has so much attention to detail but the motorcycle riding still looks awkward as hell and totally unnatural.
They made most motorcycles really good again instead of deathtrap liabilities in 5.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

SheepNameKiller posted:

Well they're still pretty much deathtraps, they just don't feel like poo poo to ride anymore.
That's the whole idea. Their safety is nil compared to cars and trucks but their ridiculously tight handling, maneuverability and raw acceleration is what you get in return.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Sondlar posted:

I'd love a simplified version of Vegas because honestly as nice as Los Santos is in 5, I can't help but love the desert even more. Give us the Strip and a bit of surrounding area and make the rest desert full of crazy poo poo.
I'm missing San Fierro a lot, it's too bad they couldn't find a place to stick it because of their goal in preserving geographical authenticity.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Magic silent mountain lions that spawn within 15 feet of your character when you're exploring wilderness is definitively not a cool thing. I had one pop into existence while I was doing mountain yoga and it just growled on a loop the whole time, waiting at my character's feet. Killed that one, not the 4th one after it in 10 minutes though! This was during daylight, no less.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

One and the Same posted:

Holy balls, I want this game so bad it's physically painful. :gonk: If there's no PC announcement soon I might just cave and get it on the Xbox. Come on Rockstar, get with the times! Release your poo poo on Steam, everyone is doing it. It's so cool. Like, soooooo cool. :c00l:
Rockstar PC releases take forever so if you're dying that badly you should just get it on a console ASAP.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

The Nozzle posted:

So I'm looking at the user uploaded pictures on the social club site, and apparently there's a ghost on Mt. Gordo? Is that related to that one collection side quest or what?
No, it's an EE that is explained on the "Who Killed Leonora Johnson" website.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Cojawfee posted:

Cool, I'm going to load a previous save and check out the other endings but stick with the one I chose.
You know you can replay any mission from the menu, right?

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

It's pretty staggering how full of complete no-names the entire cast is. Unless you're a specific longtime fan of Pete & Pete and/or the original, problematic Aunt Viv from Fresh Prince, you won't recognize anyone on the VA staff. Literally all famous people are stowed away on the radio stations, and there are a lot of them!

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Hedgehog Pie posted:

Haha, have about 1.4bn from end-game assassination shenanigans. Now for 100%/random wackiness :)

Holy geez, that is Aunt Viv! I didn't pick up on her at all before it was said here.
Original, Wesley Snipes-dark Aunt Viv. The one who didn't get along with the cast and Will Smith, the fired one!

I was sleeping on recognizing Hassan "Weebay" Johnson's name who I could also classify as famous in the main cast, though as a very minor character.

Where are those behind the scenes stories about Vice City VA hijinx?

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Slim Killington posted:

After the near-end of the Epsilon missions I don't think I can bring myself to even try this. There's a lot of pointless running around in this game.
It's really aggressive on the part of the mission programmers. Hateful, even!

Aishan posted:

I was wondering how people were getting such fast times in the two Off-Road Truck races, until I decided to enter with a fully modified BF Injection. God drat, that is a thing of beauty once you've kitted it out, it out-classes the stupid slow trucks the AI uses by miles. Definitely my favourite vehicle for mucking about in the dunes. Managed to wrangle myself into top-100 (Global) positions on the pair of races thanks to it (and, of course, Franklin's special.)

I think the Dune Buggy would be the only close contender, but the game wont let you enter it into the off-road races for some reason.
The BF Injection is seriously radical this time out, I'm enjoying wheels that can actually still drift corners without spinning out the most (like the Obey 9F)

Hedgehog Pie posted:

Haha, yeah! I'll never un-hear her now. If only there was a place in this game for Uncle Phil.

I read about them in David Kushner's Jacked, a sort of journalistic history of GTA and Rockstar. Worth reading if you've been following the series for a bit.

Other than the Liotta and the Reynolds ones, I can only recall one other though. It had to do with Jenna Jameson and the scene where she's... well, having an orgasm. All the techies got all giggly and nervous when she came in. :allears:
Ah, that sounds really interesting, I'm all about chronicles of stuff I care about. Is it on Amazon or some kind of weird ebook thing?

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

BitBasher posted:

You missed it forever unless you reload. Netted me 2 million and some change
My scripting on the mission hosed up somehow and the NPCs didn't do anything, and then it suddenly ended without any reward (not even the tractor part). I foolishly hadn't saved after completing the 5 mile bullshit (highly irregular oversight for me after ANY mission). I'm relieved I had a a method to automate the running while I read and drank cheap beers or I would've broken some poo poo. Feels good to win after that hellish chain though, even though the prize is way too small.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Losing cops is seriously difficult past 2 stars if you don't already have a helicopter/plane headstart, due in no small part to how deadly they are this time out. No more holding NOOSE off for half an hour without cheat codes. :sigh:

Ara posted:

I recognized several, I think . Lester is the little brother from Mission Hill, right? Wade is Brak? I know I recognized a few more but I can't remember who right now.
Negative to both. Mission Hill rules, though.

TheRationalRedditor fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Sep 30, 2013

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Pisswasser has now exceeded its original maximum projected value a month later. Congrats anyone who stayed on board the whole time, you're now a billionaire like me from a single stock.

SplitSoul posted:

I smoke 'cause it gives me knowledge.
"I SMOKE CUZ IT GIVES ME peace of mind"

I loved that one NPC so, so much. Favorite in any GTA

"THAT ESE PUT DUST IN MY WEED!!"

TheRationalRedditor fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Oct 25, 2013

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Hatbox Ghost posted:

Wait really? I bought stock in PIS last night and I just checked and it's down about 5 points for me :ohdear:
It's around $153 a share on PS3 Bawsaq right now. It hit rock bottom and made the long slow climb all the way up despite the expectation of a crash after the reddit "dump", which in retrospect, lol

Fooley posted:

My favorite will always be Fat CJ. I only ever ate to regain health so I never had him put much weight on. Its just amazing there's all these lines a bunch of people probably never heard.
yeah, I hadn't heard those. It was amazing that SA had so much audio packed into it. And still has the only jetpack a decade later, somehow.

TheRationalRedditor fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Oct 26, 2013

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Hatbox Ghost posted:

Should I sell now and break even seeing as how I bought at an all-time high? I accidentally bought during a 5-hour low, thinking it was a more advantageous time than it really was.
You should have a back-up save where you have yet to sell, and a new save where you did. Then you're covered both ways.

No idea how much higher PIS will actually go, its original Max was $151 according to the social club master listing.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

What happens in that random event?

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Knuc If U Buck posted:

I went in as Michael and Simeon just says something to the effect of "I can't believe the daddy's boy's father is back, get him!" and some goons try and kill you. Simeon runs out the door and I didn't think to shoot him, but you probably could.
Ah that stinks, who wouldn't have enjoyed murking him after those hissyfits and chiseling.

orcane posted:

Yeah apparently they removed them all in their "fix the infinite money glitch" attempt.
What's all this about?

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Ror posted:

You used to be able to pick up packages, switch characters, and switch back to see the package again. You could keep picking them up as long as you had patience and they would disappear finally when you left the area. I heard that they fixed this is one of the early patches, so I'm not sure why they would be totally gone now.
Seems insane that they would remove items required to get 100%. Also, that FREE REAL ESTATE bug is still in SP. :roflolmao:

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

orcane posted:

The money cases aren't required for 100%, in fact they don't show up anywhere on any "things to do" list in game or on RSC. When they said they fixed the infinite money glitch I guess everyone assumed they'd just let you pick them up once, then they're gone - but maybe that didn't work and they'd rather take away the money completely than letting players have money before they're done with the game.
I thought he was referring to the "hidden packages" as in the classic GTA sense, not the undersea briefcases.

It still works, I tested it on the golf course yesterday after becoming a billionaire thanks to a monthlong investment in Pisswasser! :xd:

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

monkeytennis posted:

Tell me more...
Right after you buy something from a Dynasty8 sign (before the cutscene plays), immediately go into the pause menu and replay any mission to completion. Choose "Masks" because it's the shortest one in the game at 15 seconds. When you get back to your restore point you will own the property and have all the money it should have cost. You need to be able to afford it in the first place, however.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I'm dying here
That was my intent!!

lady blue shanghai posted:

Okay seriously how do I trigger Trevor's arms race missions. I bought the mackenzie airfield but there is never anyone or anything there, day or night.
edit: I bought it at least a few weeks ago (game time). Missions should have popped up by now :ohdear:
You have to enter the plane in the hangar or the dune buggy for air/land deliveries.

• Locked thread