Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bub spank
Feb 1, 2005

the THRILL
The best Trevor switch is when he's underneath a pier tying a random gagged guy to one of the support beams, yelling "THIS IS WHY YOU SHOULD NEVER BE RUDE TO STRANGERS"

bub spank fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Sep 24, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bub spank
Feb 1, 2005

the THRILL

DangerDummy! posted:

One complaint I have, and it's not something that I'm even blaming Rockstar for, is that there's a gently caress-bomb about every thirty seceonds, even if your just driving your car around. My little girl likes to watch me drive around acting foolish and making jumps in GTA games (no shooting or missions or anything), and every time you drive within a foot of a ped or another car, someone's yelling "gently caress YOU YOU loving gently caress". I eventually had to go up into the sticks for my crazy driving, but luckily she thinks it's hilarious when I drive a truck down a mountain at top speed.

The ragdoll button is a huge hit with her, too. I kept climbing on higher and higher stuff and jumping off, and there's nothing like the laughter of a small child watching a hillbilly land head first in a parking lot after jumping off a bar roof. I capped it off by driving into the city and diving off the top of the skyscraper that's being built.

Yeah my 3 year old always tells me to "play the race car game!" because he loves watching me drive around and crash cars/motorcycles (with the added bonus that every time I forget to wait long enough for the character to put on a helmet he says "STOP HE DOESN'T HAVE A HELMET"), but there's just sooooo much swearing no matter what character you choose. I guess you can always turn the dialogue volume down though.

bub spank
Feb 1, 2005

the THRILL

JazzFlight posted:

I've made so much on Pisswasser (from investing at 12.70 a share at the end of the game) that it compensated me for accidentally going through the first couple assassination missions without investing properly.

I'm currently over a billion with each character and cashing out & saving in a backup file every day in case Pisswasser finally crashes.

I was at over a hundred million on each character from investing in Pisswasser/HAL after the first few heists, without doing any of the end-game assassination missions.

Was kind of surprised to find out at the end that apparently there's a money cap of $2.1 billion that you can't go over, no matter how well you invest. Oh well :(

bub spank
Feb 1, 2005

the THRILL

smallmouth posted:

Some of the vehicle inspirations on igta5.com seem off. For instance the Carbonizzare makes me think of the Ferrari 599 more than a Nissan GT-R. Not the fastest ride, but one of my favorites.

I was kind of bummed to find after buying the customs shop you don't free upgrades from all the locations.

A bit late on this, but as far as I know, the GT-R analogue is the RH8, which you get for free in your garages after linking your account to the social club. The Carbonizzare is definitely supposed to be a Ferrari analogue, as evidenced by its name.

bub spank fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Oct 10, 2013

• Locked thread