Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

pik_d posted:

After I had Trevor take it it hasn't respawned. Can't wait for his garage to eat it.

I have very few complaints about this game, but everything regarding saving cars and customization is just baffling. I gave up on trying to do any of that poo poo a long time ago and I don't know what they were thinking. It's just loving terrible, especially after playing Saints Row where you could actually reliably save and access things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Anti-Hero posted:

Is there anyway I can get rid of Franklin's horrid green motorcycle? I despise that thing.

This thing cracks me up. Who thought that would be a cool vehicle for him? It looks like something someones grandpa woud ride.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Mokinokaro posted:

Take it to a chop shop. Any upgrades on it stay even if you lose it and it has to respawn.

Funny enough this also applies to the cars owned by Michael's wife and daughter though they don't reliably appear at the house.

Oh I know you can mod it. I just think it's funny that Franklin thought it was so cool in the first place and made it his main ride when it's super hideous.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Speaking of motorcycles, I think it's kind of weird that everything in the game has so much attention to detail but the motorcycle riding still looks awkward as hell and totally unnatural.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

StabMasterArson posted:

Took some spooky pictures in the sewers and around LS:

Where are the sewer entrances? I remember one from the first heist but forgot where it was. Are they pretty extensive or is it mostly just the area you tear through on dirt bikes?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

This is probably a no brainer in this day and age, but will I be able to keep playing and complete side crap after I finish the main story?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

This probably goes without saying, but I'll be able to run around and finish stuff I haven't done yet after beating the main campaign right?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Illumination posted:

:doh: Michael's special is always the one I temporarily forget about using.

Me too. I have no idea why but I almost NEVER remember to use it, especially outside of missions.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Is there any way to permanently get access to scuba gear? I want to check out some underwater stuff without dealing with the submersible (which seems to have disappeared anyways :confused: ) I also want to check out the cargo plane that Trevor wrecked into the lake

Intrepid00 posted:

So disappointed you can't hijack trains :(

Pretty sure you can. You do it for at least one mission. I just can never get on the drat things because they are moving too fast. I'd be willing to bet there is a train station somewhere where you could do it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

And what's the deal with taking two of my characters and dumping BOTH of them off in the middle of goddamn nowhere after a mission. That poo poo is mean.

I think it eventually starts dumping you in places you haven't been to yet. Everyone keeps spawning on the tops of mountains for me at this point.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

After trying to set up an elaborate road block rampage chain reaction i realized that stolen cars just disappear after 2 when they leave your LOS. That's really disappointing.

I guess I'll never be able to blow up an enormous amount of cars on the highway while waiting on a roof with an rpg.

I still can't figure out how to get 5 stars in this fuckin thing.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

A tractor trailer would have probably been better. I was using busses and the idea worked fine but it was impossible to get to a vantage point to RPG the gently caress out of everything after I sticky bombed the busses without them disappearing. It was still pretty epic and I was able to blow up probably thirty cars (which caused 2 stars?) but I don't think the game is gonna let me play out my ridiculous scheme.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

This is absolute loving bullshit. I am on the final heist, and despite thinking I hired the best guys for everything the truck driver makes it seemingly impossible to drive the gauntlet on the truck, every single time Franklin just bounces off the sides, even if I use his special ability and aim myself perfectly into the truck I'm not sure I am even going to be able to beat this without loading an old save and doing it differently.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I finally got it after 5 tries but goddamn that was aggravating. He would just not line up at all for me.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Is the rhino bugged? I bought it online and it doesn't spawn at Trevor's airfield or the airport?!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

So I bought a Rhino yesterday, got a text that it was delivered like an hour later, and it never spawned. What gives? It's supposed to be at Trevor's owned hangar right?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I didn't see this posted, but can you go to North Yankton outside of the story?

Also, holy hell GTA online is literally the most broken thing I've ever seen, not that it's really surprising but wow literally nothing seems to work and it looks like absolute poo poo.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Just found out some horrible news. GTA 5 and Something Awful actually share servers and the reason GTA online is down is that there are too many people posting about how it's down. R* isn't looking very optimistic at this point.

Rockstar Games posted:

We are trying to get everything up and running smoothly, but we are afraid that so many people on the Something Awful forums are whining that it has created and endless back and forth cycle and we'll never be able to recover from it. GTA online is dead. Sorry folks. Please burn the discs and put the fire out with your pee. Thank you to the fans we love you and all of the support you have given us over the years. Sincerely, Rockstar Games.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

So is GTA online looking like total rear end part of the launch bugs or does it actually load every texture 5 seconds after you look at it/not load them at all? Also, not sure why I can't make a character that doesn't look like a pencil necked mutant with a tiny head.

The Lamar into was kind of hilarious to look at. "Yo dawg you must be the guy that has 95% less detail than I do in my character model"

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Obsurveyor posted:

Pretty sure the massive pop-in is just those in game cutscenes. It works fine once you get to playing and I don't recall any significant texture issues/pop-in like those in roaming last night over 3 or 4 hours.

It was happening in my free roam, but it may have just been a one time thing.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

How do I delete an online character? I'd like to try and make one that doesn't look like a deformed sewer mutant, but I don't see an option to delete.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

So I bought this again on PS4. For some reason the DLC code gave all 500,000 to Franklin so Michael is broke, none of the custom cars I made saved in the garage I bought, outfits not saving...I'm off to a really fun start here. In general I forgot how loving stupid and fun hating this games economy is.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Bobtista posted:

Outfits have never saved, characters change clothes by themselves all the time when you aren't controlling them.

Yeah, but it's still pretty stupid. Like, I put Michael in a suit, but he changed into some shorts after I saved, then I drove down to Lester and he yelled at me for not wearing a suit and I couldn't start the mission, then I drove to the nearest store but Michael is too broke to buy a suit, so drove back to his house and gave him a suit, drove back to Lester to start the mission...

I don't remember caring when I played it a year ago, but playing the story again is making me realize how much tedious bullshit is in the missions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

CJacobs posted:

I will never forgive them for that Trevor mission where you scout out the port for a heist and they make you do actual dock work. That was some god drat bullshit.

The towing missions also manage to feel like actual work somehow.

E: Also, every drat time I start this game up again my controls are set back to default :pwn: how is there so much stupid poo poo wrong with this game?

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Nov 30, 2014

• Locked thread