Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

What would y'all most like to see put in the FAQ? I've got some ideas but I'm taking suggestions and then I'll edit it.

Garages
Assassination stocks
Properties + which are worthwhile
The Torture Scene (and why you should shut up about it)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Oh good lord. I beached a dinghy to get near a parachute spot but the boat slid like 50 feet across the beach and ended up hitting a dog and pinning it under the boat :(

I was just about to Old Yeller it with a silenced shottie when it popped up and ran off.

Sorry, little doggie.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Final Dom mission spoilers: So after finishing all the parachute jumps I got a final mission with Dom where it seems like I'm supposed to stop him from jumping off the dam. Every time I do it he jumps off and dies and I pass the mission with a 50%. How do I 100% this one?

How the hell do you trigger that last mission? loving thing won't show up for me.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

TheRationalRedditor posted:

It's on top of the Maze bank building, you have to fly or parachute to get to it.

I did that, he said after to meet him at a dam but I haven't been able to find him at all on the one he said :(

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Baron FU posted:

You need to finish all the parachute jumps. Just like someone else pointed out earlier.

Balls. Missed that earlier. Thanks.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Kringy posted:

ahah I also noticed Patricia, Madrozo's wife, tidies the trailer quite nicely after she moves in. It's abit unsettling though... she's old enough to be Trevor's mother and makes comments like "you boys are so messy" and "your mothers were too easy on you" so she's definitely a mother figure. But T is crushing on her anyways?! I guess he wasn't kidding about the incest comments earlier in the game but... goddamn Rockstars, save it for the sequel would ya?

And I'm confused as to what I should spoiler tag, since I don't think these are too spoilery and I myself don't like looking at all the black bars in the thread...
There's a post-main-story mission that makes a lot of this stuff a little bit clearer. And weirder.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

piratepilates posted:

I think my favourite moment in this game so far is when (small time bank heist): the small town police chief is smugly telling you to come out and that they've got the situation out of control then you just walk out decked out in super armour with a gatling gun being held by a lunatic and suddenly every cop car is on fire.
The reveal on that was absolutely amazing.

My reaction: Holy loving poo poo
Sheriff's reaction: Sweet mother of poo poo

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I want North Yanktown. One thing I noticed during those missions was they had a special "gently caress this" trudging animation for deep snow. That's an insane touch to add for something that gets a total of like 30 minutes in the game.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Speedball posted:

It's fun keeping track of the continual damage that happens to Floyd's condo as time passes. Trevor really cannot keep house, can he?

Seeing Live Laugh Love scribbled over with Eat poo poo Die made me laugh.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Transistor Rhythm posted:

I feel like I missed something - where is Floyd's girlfriend?
At a business conference because of her ~career~. Keep going.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Stupid Post Maker posted:

Has anyone found any Bullets driving around? It was my favorite car from San Andreas but I haven't seen one since one of the early missions when driving around as Franklin

Sup

(e: better pic :haw:)

Just drove past me as I came out of the Mount Zonah hospital in northern LS (because Trevor won't put on a goddamn seat belt)

Pleads fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Sep 25, 2013

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Orange Crush Rush posted:

It's amazing how a mission that's literally just a 20 minute drive in a slow rear end, hard to drive truck became one of my favorite moments in the game just because of the dialogue.

edit:VVV Next time you hang with Lamar as Trevor, call up Frank. "Franklin! Me and Lamar are gonna hood it up you should come!"
I can never get the Big Three together, one of them is always busy, so Lamar is my backup homeboy.

I still need to get him and Franklin together for a movie. I was close to one once and Lamar was talking about how he wanted to go see a show and make white people uncomfortable by shouting at the screen. But there were no movies playing and the game just ate my $40 :(

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Ugh, this Epsilon mission is balls. Here's 5 of the best cars you didn't know existed, drive them through these fun winding hills with a bunch of blind corners but don't you dare scratch the paint!

Do these cars respawn naturally in the world? Can't say I've ever seen them.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

tooooooo bad posted:

This should really be in the OP.

e: btw doing a later part of the Epsilon chain right now of course Michael comments on how ridiculous this poo poo is as you're sleeping for ten days straight.

No I got them all, I was just saying they are really fun cars and I hope they're not only spawning for this dumb mission because I want to collect 1 or 2 of them.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Capn Beeb posted:

All of the cars should have a consistent spawn place somewhere. Would certainly lead to fun adventures. Especially if you could add cars you've found to the special menu in the garages.

I've seen 1 of them like 20 times since finishing the mission so I guess the key is to get them 'loaded' into memory or whatever.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Last night I was driving around the mountains on a dirt bike finishing off parachute jumps. I crashed on a bridge, and when I got up and got back on my bike there was a cop standing next to his car on the far side of the bridge. Then I got a 1-star wanted level for some reason and he started shooting at me, so I popped him and drove off with a 2-star. No cops anywhere nearby. I start pushing up a hill towards the last parachute I need, and my wanted level jumps to 3 stars and there's a helicopter just off-screen now with 2 cruisers magically appearing at the top of the goddamn mountain above me.

I give up at this point and down the chopper for 4 stars, then drive past the tiny dirt trail above with the 2 cruisers and reach the top of the mountain. 2 more choppers appear in about 5 seconds, and 4 more cruisers conveniently come onto the screen on the tiny trail on the other side of the mountaintop.

:psyduck: Why'd they do away with the RDR witness system? Does the PD have 3 choppers randomly flying around the boonies at all times of the day? Are cruisers equipped for off-roading up hills on tiny dirt tracks? :psyduck:

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Marshmallow Blue posted:

I poured all my money into Pibwasser Last night and its down to 8 Bucks. Soon though it will rise and I'll have enough to buy the scrapyard. It has a high of $150, so I hope everything pans out.

I put about $5 million into HAL across my characters at 78 cents because losing that money won't really affect me, but if it shoots up it could mean the difference between "can literally never afford any more properties" to "can comfortably pick up everything except the golf course".

I wonder how it's affected. Shooting bullets? Killing soldiers?

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Obsurveyor posted:

Man, I wonder if that Deathmatch Content Creator will be robust enough to recreate the 'OJ Simpson' mode we would play on my old Multi-Theft Auto server way back where everyone on the server would chase a single dude(no shooting) and he would try to avoid them for a set amount of time.
1 Mini-Cooper
5-15 Big Rigs/Dump trucks/Fire trucks/etc.

:getin:

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I ran over a fence on Franklin's bike and caught tangled up and fell off. When I got on, the gas tank was spilling fuel as I drove around so I lit it on fire for funsies. The bike eventually exploded while I called a fire truck, and the fire spread to a passing car which continued to burn out as the fire truck showed up and I tried to escape the wanted level I'd earned.

Goddamn this game. Now I want to set more stuff on fire.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Is this that eye thing someone was talking about on Mt. Chilliad earlier?
http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/snapmatic/photo/I6cW0mF-J0mfK_Fa9-Pr6w

No idea what it is. Looks like an eye with 4 dots around it?

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Oxxidation posted:

I have literally driven right past pursuing cops with 2/3 stars because they hadn't identified my vehicle. It's a neat wrinkle of the Wanted system, if a little inconsistent.

I wonder if super dark tinted windows helps in this situation...

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Did you put on a helmet? :haw:

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

TroubledWaters posted:

Well, that sucks. I play GTA to relax after I get home from work and laugh at hilarious police chases. Now I get to have all that ruined by kids online if I want to use any of the additional content.
Except you can likely set it to private and chill out on your own as has been stated multiple times.

Quit bitching about the kids and put on your reading glasses, grandpa.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Yardbomb posted:

Oh, to be honest I'll agree with that though, stuff like The Lost and The Damned or Ballad of Gay Tony were like (Well-priced and worthwhile) full-blown expansions. It's a pity that people suck rear end or that execs had their sights too high with those "underperforming" though.
Keep in mind we don't know how extensive the story in GTA:O will be.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

marktheando posted:

No don't add it to the OP, it's wrong. You don't need to do all that, in shops you can rob, you can pull out your gun inside no problem. And you still can't rob clothes shops with his method.

You can rob any non-convenience store by whipping out your gun outside and putting a few rounds into the door before you walk in; it'll start a panic in the shop and you can keep your weapon out when you enter. Then just shoot the registers until they spit out money.

You will also sometimes find empty convenience stores when you go to rob them; you just walk behind the register and it gives you the option to take the money. And then you shoot the second register, always, for more bling.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

bushisms.txt posted:

If you're reading this and thinking about getting GTAV, only get it if you plan on spending most of the time in GTAO, because it feels like this series just turned into a MP franchise instead of single player. Mediocre Rockstar is still a good game, but not for full price.

It sounds like you're angry you don't know about the taxi system, don't have auto-aim or the radar turned on, and missed that Franklin and Lester specifically talk about Lester's financial interests in all the people you assassinate.

I've found the game to have the most interesting story so far from the GTA universe, and aside from some glaring omissions (aiming while driving without shooting, leaving cars running, etc.) it's improved in pretty much every way over IV.

I do agree about spennding most of your time in GTA:O, though. The 55 hours I have in SP (good lord what have I been doing all week) is going to get easily eclipsed by hundreds of hours online if it's anywhere near what they're advertising.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Cojawfee posted:

I wonder how the stocks really work. If I were to do it, I'd have the stocks be based off of actions of users. However many times users do some action, it affects a certain stock however that action would affect it in real life. So buying lots of guns makes the gun stock go up. Blowing up a certain car makes that stock go down. Then every once in a while the stock dives or rises back to its original levels. Otherwise, we'll end up with Hawk and Little being worth millions of dollars per share.

HAL is the new bitcoin (I'm fine with that I'm an early investor gently caress everyone else up uP UP)

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Hobo Clown posted:

Then later I rammed a dude so hard while drunk driving I knocked one of his wheels off.

I love doing this, it's so drat satisfying to t-bone someone in the sweet spot and break off their tire. I did it to one guy who pulled back into traffic missing his rear driver side wheel and he just kept going like nothing was wrong.

Then his car caught fire and he roasted :shobon:

I also love how you can start fires in cars by blasting the engine through the front grille.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Dewgy posted:

Fun detail I noticed last night: Your phone screen is actually rendered on your character's phone screen, in real time.
This also applies to a device in one of the Scientology missions so you don't always have to stare directly at it in slow mover mode.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Bought like $20,000 worth of Piswasser shares because why not!

Bought like $5,000,000 of Piswasser shares because why not :shepface:

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Ugh, thank god I think I'm done with arms collection missions. gently caress that lovely dune buggy so hard.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Hahaha, the rubberbanding AI in the Freeway street race is so bad you're better off using a loving Prius than a fully modded sports car. The Prius basically can't go fast enough to lose much control and the AI just matches whatever speed you're going so taking a super-fast car (it's topped out near 200 mph with Franklin's ability) is pointless because you just have to fight it that much harder to stay on the course.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Slugnoid posted:

Yeah, you can't rob stores where you can buy stuff, but you can rob the liqour stores, gas stations and convenience stores. They give you a shopping bag full of cash.

Pleads posted:

You can rob any non-convenience store by whipping out your gun outside and putting a few rounds into the door before you walk in; it'll start a panic in the shop and you can keep your weapon out when you enter. Then just shoot the registers until they spit out money.

You will also sometimes find empty convenience stores when you go to rob them; you just walk behind the register and it gives you the option to take the money. And then you shoot the second register, always, for more bling.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Goddamn is the final mission of the Epsilon program cathartic.

Michael did some donuts on their front lawn after celebrating his refund.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

:sigh: "Your garage is full, remove a car to make space for this one!"

Except the car you're in disappears when you go into the garage and come out with a car. Damnit, Rockstar, fix the little bugs please!

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Holy goddamn, the real estate Strangers and Freaks missions have some awesome scenes. At one point the mission character says something that makes Trevor, of all goddamn people, make a literal :stare: face. I cracked up.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Between controller aiming forever being poo poo and the cops being 90% accurate I have no issues using lock-on in this game. It's the only way to survive on foot for more than 10 seconds when you end up surrounded and need a short break to switch vehicles.

I'd definitely prefer not to have it for online though, RDR was fun but a little silly and that was with junk old weapons, not assault rifles and assault shotguns.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Ghetto Blaster posted:

Some nice infomation on GTA:O in the latest ep of GTA V O'clock. They had access to the Beta: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EIMSVvJZl0
I think you mean the beeta

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Is the in-game BAWSAQ different than the online one at all? Wasn't the big sell-off supposed to happen soon?

I'm hoping to hold on to my HAL and PIS stocks until they reach triple-digits. C'mon market, don't let me down!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Mister Macys posted:

Except for every Canadian outside of Ontario eh? :banjo:

Ontario is the most neutral, and it gets more stereotypical the further West you go.
If you go East, you get classic Quebecois before the weird Maritimer French/Irish/Scottish/English accent ya'll have out there.

You must be from Ontario if you think there aren't "Canadian" accents in that neck of the woods, eh buddy?

• Locked thread