Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Hopefully because this isn't a midnight release there will be a 1% chance of playing it for a while today. It'll be midday here in the UK so all the kids are at school and adults that don't have stupid work schedules like mine will be at work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Character creator is weird as hell but now my dude is on a plane to Los santos yussss

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

The way it dumps you into a race with real players is pretty clever.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

This is awesome. Finished the custom car tutorial and the first thing I did was drive by some poor guy who was just going to do the buy clothes tutorial in my bright orange blista :cool:

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Holy poo poo when you first die in free room the cutscene is amazing

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Been playing for 3 hours with no problems. Suck it fools!

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Just got up to level 8. Played for maybe 4 hours or something with no problems. A couple of matchmaking lobbies have failed when trying to do deathmatches and stuff but it would just kick me back to the open world where I could try again.

Don't blow up someones personal vehicle, if they have it insured you have to pay some of the cost. I chased and destroyed some random dude and it cost me almost $500 :mad:.

The most I've had at any one time so far has been like $9000 and the cheapest properties that are just garages are like $30,000 it seems. The fancy apartments and stuff cost in the hundreds of thousands/millions so they're gonna make a killing selling those GTA $ packs.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Funkmaster General posted:

* Cops are more irritable and will do things like come after you for driving someone else's car, or impounding and permanently destroying yours when they kill you. If the cops show up mid-holdup you'll be locked inside and as far as I can tell get stuck there until you die. On the other hand, though, it's easier to lose the cops in online. They seem to go into searching mode immediately after you break LoS. However, driving past a store you can hold up while wanted immediately tips the cops off for some reason.

It's pretty handy when the cops are after you and then you stumble across some other dude in a police chase and your cops just start going after him :v:

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

And yeah like everyone says the character creation isn't very good. I just hit random a load of times until I had roughly what I wanted. Then tweaked it a bit.

It would maybe be ok if you could actually see what the parents and grandparents looked like instead of a tiny blurry thumbnail.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Linx posted:

I managed to play for a couple of hours earlier, MY GOD is it boring as poo poo. I really hope they diversify the activities as your levels increase, because playing TDM and racing really isn't any fun at all. All I wanted was cooperative heists and tomfoolery.

If you do the missions from characters you get co-op stuff. I haven't done many yet though so I dunno how diverse they get. One of them had me and three other dudes going to a spot under the pier to hijack some meth from a drug deal between The Lost and some other guys.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Dr. Video Games 0029 posted:

So GTA Online is as big a pantload as RDR Online?

Forget this; I finished the single player, multiplayer's looking more and more dismal as time passes. Time to go whip this thing at Gamestop for some credit while it's still worth a nickle or two.

Posts like this are ridiculous. I get that people are upset that it isn't working probably for most people but writing the whole thing off based on angry posts from angry people without even playing it is stupid.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

I dunno how you can have 20k and only the starting pistol. I had the uzi unlocked after less than an hour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Obsurveyor posted:

This is another extremely stupid thing about online. You get the cops on you if they see you driving a "stolen" vehicle(which is any vehicle that doesn't have your tracker). However, to get around in this game at all, you need to steal vehicles if yours isn't available. Combined with the loving terrible impound system where the only way to get your vehicle back is to steal it(how you steal a car out of a lot that is covered with unclimbable wrought iron gates that don't open, even if you get in, you couldn't drive it out :iiam:). I could theoretically get my motorcycle out but it's practically impossible with how slow your character gets on and then trying to drive it through the gauntlet of cops.

GTA is about driving cars, you should let us Rockstar.

The cops going after you for being in a stolen car is poo poo yeah.

Stealing your own car back should be easy though. All I did every time was hop over the wall at the back, and drive out (the gate opened for me).

• Locked thread