Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

webmeister posted:

There's almost always one parked here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIufJ-VrFDE

After I had Trevor take it it hasn't respawned. Can't wait for his garage to eat it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Dinotron posted:

Would you care to be more specific, or offer a link? I'm unaware of this "private game forum thingy" that you speak of.

On an unrelated note, I'm pretty sure I saw a Sasquatch at some point in the game. I've been back to the state park next to Mt. Chilliad to search for it, but to no avail as of yet. I know it exists somewhere in this game and I'll find that thing and kill it before it can eat another baby!

He's talking about the "Private Game Servers" subforum of Games. The thread is here.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Farlow guarding my empty GTAV case:

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Yardbomb posted:

Really game, that was one of the only times I've gotten legitimately mad for a second. I'm flying Trevor out to do another mission with the wannabe border patrol and some random event pops up below me, so I bring the helicopter down and it's some lady trying to hitchhike. She gives me this story about "Oh I got lost hiking and I've been stuck out here for an hour and nobody will help!" and starts coming over, then stops and whines about me being in a helicopter. Okay that's stupid but sure, I'll just take a car from some random ped. I take a jeep from two old women and go over, as the event lady starts getting in one of these old hags drags me out and starts hitting me, so obviously I kick her face in and get back in. THEN her likewise old rear end woman friend comes and yanks me out, cue Trevor beating another old woman. I finally get back into the Jeep and start driving a little ways before I get an automatic one star suddenly, which causes the event lady to freak out and run, after which I mow her down in the jeep and fly off the side of the cliff in anger to both avoid the cops and take out my frustration on this lovely car.

:shepicide:

Better ending than the one I (and most people) got.

At the gun training, am I supposed to be able to get 2x and 3x multipliers with the minigun challenges? I squeeze only a little and it still seems to break the combo when the target flips up. I'm talking I squeeze and release without pause, but I still only barely got the first challenge at bronze.

pik_d fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Sep 24, 2013

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

iCaPpY posted:

The mini-gun loses its multiplier if you haven't hit anything after a short amount of time, accuracy and shots missed don't affect the score or the multiplier.

Ah, I was treating it like any other gun, pausing between targets. Thanks.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Raimondi posted:

I just checked my stocks this morning on the Social Club website, and it says Hawk And Little is at $1.20? Can anyone confirm it in-game that its finally on the rise?

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/bawsaq

Yeah, in game it looks exactly like the socialclub site. I've put all my money in there and created a separate save, just in case.

Any idea how often BAWSAQ updates for non-scripted stuff?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Marshmallow Blue posted:

Yeah, I don't have issues with the cops in this one. I like that I can extend a cop chase as long as I see fit (cause they're fun), and end it buy driving off a highway overpass into some slummy area, get out on foot and hide. Or drive into the those concrete drainage things and hide under a bridge.

My go-to thing to do is get out of the whole-screen flashing bit then just drive into the hills anywhere since cops don't look offroad when they don't see you drive off the road.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Hawk and Little went down 25 cents which amounted to 11%. Seems like it's not on the up and up (at least not yet). I think I'll stick with it because it's got to go up eventually. I hope.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TjyvTompa posted:

How do you "beat" the random mission in the desert where a guy is being chased by a cop? I tried shooting the cop and the guy just ran away and I got 2 wanted stars. I tried shooting the guy and the cop got really angry and I got a wanted star. I tazered the cop and the guy said "well thats one way of dealing with the cops" and ran away.

Did you ever taser the guy?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

KoRMaK posted:

GTAO is going to be me playing with friends a bunch. GTAO is like what we have all been waiting for since we started playing games. Hopefully it will be good.

So there is no Google maps version of armor/weapons/secrets pickups like for previous GTA games yet?

http://gta-5-map.com/

Click the "off" by "Add Locations" in the upper left. I have no idea how to clear everything BUT one type of object, but it's there.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

BlueDestiny posted:

FYI, the social club website has a map that shows you what items you've found or are missing, and can filter based on type.

Wow... while that doesn't include everything (like armor) that seems like it makes everything a tad easy. I wonder if they figure that some other site will just end up doing it so they may as well do it first and tie it into your game stats?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

It's up to 1.36 right now on the PS3. Time to get paid!

I got it at $1.66. I'm also gaming the system again by selling it, saving, buying it again, new save file. If it goes up I win, if it goes down I buy again. :getin:

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

I keep getting signed out of PSN, I can't really be sure if it's GTAV or somehow my network. I mostly can't tell because I have all of two games, this and AC3. I don't recall getting signed out of PSN while playing AC3 but I don't really see how GTAV could be kicking me off something outside the game.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Edit: I forgot to note that sometimes when I hit the PS button and try to sign back it it won't work, but if I restart my console it'll always sign in just fine.

pik_d fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Oct 1, 2013

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Creepy Goat posted:

I hope y 'all sold your stocks last night, if Social Club is correct everything's been reset :v:

Social Club isn't loading for me, what's it say exactly?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

rotinaj posted:

It's suspension of logic.

Do you also get mad when Trevor claims Sandy Shores is a few hours outside the city?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

So after the final Epsilon Program mission does Cris ever actually come after you for stealing all his money?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TheJoker138 posted:

The woman from the group will contact you and you need to track down 10 Epsilon Tracts for her.

Any specific way to trigger this?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Whats the deal with the people on the street that you can talk to? I'm talking about people who show up as light green (?) dots like Jane who talks about self-actualization and that washed up actress who offers to show you her muff. The tip says to press D-pad right to talk to them, then they talk and nothing else really seems to happen. I usually end up sucker punching them but I'm wondering if something else is supposed to happen.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

smallmouth posted:

Yeah, the helicopter takes a delicate touch. It's worth getting a hang of--it's a great way to explore/scout the city.

Also needed for some of the collectibles.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

ElwoodCuse posted:

Only Michael has expensive properties and they cost 1/10 of the money cap

Can't anyone buy the golf course?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

orcane posted:

Cars in singleplayer are neither permanent nor respawnable, you buy them, they get added to your 4-car garage (so you need to have room there), and if you don't return the car it may be impounded, or lost. Cars don't spawn in the "special vehicles" menu like airplanes, helicopters and boats you order. Those get added to your special vehicles spawn menu and you can spawn them at will (eating whatever you have parked on the spawn point) even if you blow them up.

Then what's the point of the special vehicles menu in the car garages? Does anything other than the RH8 ever go in those lists?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Knuc If U Buck posted:

He's not actually Canadian though. He was born on the American side of a border town.

Where do you find this out? He refers to himself as Canadian a few times I thought.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Is there a way to pull up that psych eval again without re-beating the game? I literally fell asleep during the hour of credits and woke up to, "Please reconnect controller!" I did, hit A to brighten the screen up, and apparently skipped that thing. :(

Assuming you've got everything connected it'll be here: http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/career/missions/psychiatric-report

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Pickled Kittens posted:

You're wrong. Replay the mission. You really can just shoot anyone with a beard and immediately complete it. You need to read the subtext of the scene.

I shot a few different bearded people and got some kind of "you shot an innocent party guest" message and had to replay it. Are you really sure about this?

• Locked thread