Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Ectral posted:

We officially have a hot dog.

That sounds like a thing I would eat :cool:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Fantastic_Mr_Fox posted:

Do you think he would be up for naming a hotdog after us? Or even just us giving him an awesome hotdog with a good name. I can't think of a name to start this off with, but I do think that helping give more ideas for the menu can't hurt.

claude wayne robinson posted:

My goodness, I love frogs now,., that big ol frog will look good on the side of doobies dog house.....if get funded I will create a new hodog on the menu ... It will be called team frog out

Frog out, hot dog man. Frog out.

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib
Claude just wrote that he plans to add a Team Frog Out dog to the menu!

e:f;b

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Fantastic_Mr_Fox posted:

Do you think he would be up for naming a hotdog after us? Or even just us giving him an awesome hotdog with a good name. I can't think of a name to start this off with, but I do think that helping give more ideas for the menu can't hurt.

I'll ask. Name suggestions? Ideally not profane or blasphemous, I think he is a man of faith.

DoctorPresident
Jul 21, 2012
Two things:

:3:

I wasn't aware that Troy Wagner was a goon.

semiavrage
Apr 28, 2007

I'll show them... I'll show ALL of them...

death .cab for qt posted:

The frogdog.

Comes with chili, relish, and a ring of mustard.

He's gonna have a hell of a time explaining to people why there is a gigantic frog on the side of his building. Especially coupled with the FrogDog.

TyrsHTML
May 13, 2004

darkspider42 posted:

In for $25, donating my dogs to the homeless

Did this as well.

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib

SoundMonkey posted:

I'll ask. Name suggestions? Ideally not profane or blasphemous, I think he is a man of faith.

He is.

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat

o prbl posted:

I just donated half a thou to this guy, so I feel I'm in a pretty good position to be the one to inform you that maybe he's simply too busy. He's just getting the business started during the Kickstarter's run, and as Sound Monkey and Noni point out, he's not merely resting on his laurels while the Kickstarter funding is going on. When you're a person in a town of about 1,500 people, somehow I don't think coming up with a flashy logo or spending an hour taking photos is on the list of priorities.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe this is just some bizarre performance piece and the guy is trying to bilk us by taking photos of some hot dogs he got at a cafeteria, but at least I have the gumption to put my money where my mouth is.

I applaud your generosity and it did in fact occur to me that he's too busy. I was mainly intending to share some ideas for low cost things that he or his supporters could do to put it over the top. But, with a few more people like you the issue may be moot.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Wouldn't that be good advertising? Why does this doghouse have a frog? What's the connection betwixt frogs n' dogs?

Then he takes out the FrogDog and all is all right with the world. Also holy poo poo we're at the halfway point already.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

DoctorPresident posted:

Two things:

:3:

I wasn't aware that Troy Wagner was a goon.

Hahaha, I was just going to point Troy out. Yeah, he and the other guy that do Marble Hornets are goons, and I forgot they lived nearby until that popped up. Here's hoping they do a troyhasacamera video journey out to this place to get some frogdogs.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Oh no, are all the angels goons? That explains a lot about this planet.

o prbl
Aug 25, 2012

Creeperssssss gonna creep

Novo posted:

I applaud your generosity and it did in fact occur to me that he's too busy. I was mainly intending to share some ideas for low cost things that he or his supporters could do to put it over the top. But, with a few more people like you the issue may be moot.

I appreciate it, and that's a very good point. It's appearing on the main page since its sudden rise in popularity, so polishing up the pitch a little could help squeeze out a few more hundreds. That's something it could use, since there's only 7 days left.

It's really great to see goons pulling together to help out this random guy and make this happen! :kimchi:

DoctorPresident
Jul 21, 2012

CommissarMega posted:

Wouldn't that be good advertising? Why does this doghouse have a frog? What's the connection betwixt frogs n' dogs?

Then he takes out the FrogDog and all is all right with the world.

And this plays on a nearby screen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7y399utEPE

nightchild12
Jan 8, 2005
hi i'm sexy

Donated $25, pretty much entirely due to Noni's excellent post about effort.

SoundMonkey: if it's not too personal, can you ask him what he currently does for a living when he's not chasing his hot dog dreams? He mentioned in a comment that he's sitting there refreshing the page unless he gets called out on a job and that struck up my curiosity. Also, I'm just curious about the dude in general.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

nightchild12 posted:

Donated $25, pretty much entirely due to Noni's excellent post about effort.

SoundMonkey: if it's not too personal, can you ask him what he currently does for a living when he's not chasing his hot dog dreams? He mentioned in a comment that he's sitting there refreshing the page unless he gets called out on a job and that struck up my curiosity. Also, I'm just curious about the dude in general.

Will do.

EDIT: He told me earlier that he repairs clocks and watches but I can't imagine that's his full-time gig.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I don't know if it was mentioned or not, but the reason the hotdog photos aren't super high quality is because he literally took them at his home before eating dinner with his family.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

SoundMonkey posted:

Will do.

EDIT: He told me earlier that he repairs clocks and watches but I can't imagine that's his full-time gig.

Lots of folk in small towns work a bunch of random jobs, since there's not enough work for full-time employment in a particular thing that still needs to get done.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Requested_Username posted:

I don't know if it was mentioned or not, but the reason the hotdog photos aren't super high quality is because he literally took them at his home before eating dinner with his family.

It was mentioned, and I'm hoping to give him some food photography tips for future publicity.

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
I'm proud to say that I was Claude's second backer, directly after his wife. :smug:

Also, I'm messaging him about possibly putting a virtual Doobie's Dog House in the Dropsy game. :patriot:

Edit: "Absolutely. .. I would love to see it when it's done... Thank you" Heck yes. Doobie-Dropsy partnership in full swing.

Gaspy Conana fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Sep 26, 2013

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

As a vegetarian of 11 years I'm sayin' you're a wimp because you aren't taking me up on the veggie dog thing. :colbert: Wimp.

I threw 10$ his way. Let's get doobie's dog house up and running guys!

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008

Novo posted:

Maybe we can help him with this. We can use the information he's already provided to create a logo, simulated menus, gift cards, etc. At the very least this thread needs a photoshop of what the frog will look like.

I'm sure the creative convention can help. He needs PR help, logos and all that stuff. Soundmonkey, can you ask him if we can help with his branding?

Mosaic Perception
Sep 18, 2009

by XyloJW
You guys are ridiculous. In for $25 when I can get to a bank.

Casca
Jan 25, 2006

The Saints must Flow.
I just donated $25 but forgot to mention that I was part of Team Frogout :ohdear:

Is there any way to edit that in on the donation or somewhere I can post to tell him?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Casca posted:

I just donated $25 but forgot to mention that I was part of Team Frogout :ohdear:

Is there any way to edit that in on the donation or somewhere I can post to tell him?

Just post a comment saying go team frogout or something, he'll be able to compile them all together

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Casca posted:

You can tell him in the comments that you're Team Frogout.

Also let's try to keep track of Team Frogout here as well, dude doesn't really know what's going on, and might add stuff up wrong.

ce gars
Dec 31, 2007

death .cab for qt posted:

Hahaha, I was just going to point Troy out. Yeah, he and the other guy that do Marble Hornets are goons, and I forgot they lived nearby until that popped up. Here's hoping they do a troyhasacamera video journey out to this place to get some frogdogs.

Yep, that's me :downs:

As long as he's okay with it, it'd be really fun to get out there to do some kind of video thing. Hell, I'd even be down with basically doing a commercial for him for free if he wants.

ce gars fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Sep 26, 2013

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Requested_Username posted:

I hope he becomes ultra successful and turns his restaurant into a Starbucks style chain and everyone goes "You've sold out maaaaaaan!"

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Alan Smithee posted:

I hope he becomes ultra successful and turns his restaurant into a Starbucks style chain and everyone goes "You've sold out maaaaaaan!"

The frog logo will become more and more abstract until it's just a "GO" with a single, looming eye.

Kid Gloves
Jul 31, 2013

by XyloJW

Alan Smithee posted:

This would be a fine ending if he kept the frog as his mascot the entire time. Imagine seeing that frog daily for the rest of your natural life.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Tossed in a Quick 5. Doobies Dogs reminded me of a small chain that went out of business in a small town I used to live in.

Pick posted:

The frog logo will become more and more abstract until it's just a "GO" with a single, looming eye.

I am okay with this.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Deki posted:

I am okay with this.

I am also okay with this. He will be known for his Frog Dog (lots of relish, lots of coleslaw, a bit of mustard, pushed violently at the customer) and will never know why.

Guuse
May 11, 2009

Nah, I think that it would pretty much have to be this on a continuous loop:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbMLphi7HQU

It's so exciting to think that I'll soon be living in a world where frogdogs are a reality!

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
I will throw this man $100 for his dream. I am happy to help out

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
As a son of a rural town, I pretty much had to pledge :20bux: for this. Economic depression in places like where I grew up sucks and anything to brighten the day for those people is a worthy cause. I hope he finds the success he is looking for.

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

"..and then came the black crow, herald of doom, who foretold the coming of death."

In for :10bux:.

I love when goons get together to spontaneously make somebody's day. I like it even more when they have no idea who we are or what the gently caress is going on. It's like trolling somebody with kindness.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Awe, I felt so sorry for this guy when someone posted it in the Awful Kickstarter thread and I saw him sitting at $60 and read this update:

quote:

well a bit of an update... i have most everything on stand by.. in hopes that i will be funded fully... my bread vendor will deliver every 2 days fresh buns, coke and pepsi is ready to deliver twice a week... chip man is ready to deliver 3 days per week .. power co. is awaiting the deposit as is the utility board... im depending on the kindness of strangers to help, and really that feels great.. thank you to the one that have pledged already.. i sure pray many more share in this passion plea to serve these hotdogs and much more...im so ready to start serving my food to all the awaiting people of my town and the visitors that come through

Thanks for helping this man achieve his dreams, Goons. :unsmith:

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

SoundMonkey posted:

Why, I'll have Something Awful, of course.

I pitched in :10bux: and put a TEAM FROGOUT comment on the discussion board.

e: Jesus christ I left for the evening and he's at $3500?! GODSPEED, DOG DOOBER

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you

wa27 posted:

Awe, I felt so sorry for this guy when someone posted it in the Awful Kickstarter thread and I saw him sitting at $60 and read this update:

Thanks for helping this man achieve his dreams, Goons. :unsmith:

"The one that have pledged already" was his wife, which makes it even more :smith:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Bad Munki posted:

Why, I'll have Something Awful, of course.

Something Awful is actually a decent name for hot dog that has everything on it.

• Locked thread