Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DragonReach Ghost
Sep 16, 2002

My Avatar is a Red Avatar

monster on a stick posted:

Freeze dry the hot dogs, complete with buns and toppings. Then just add water. :science:

Only if it comes with Tang.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

DragonReach posted:

yeah shipping food with dry ice should only apply to uncooked product like awesome Kobe beef, fresh seafood etc... shipping cooked meals with dry ice just does not work out.

Not to mention needlessly expensive and not worth the effort probably in this case.

DragonReach Ghost
Sep 16, 2002

SoundMonkey posted:

Not to mention needlessly expensive and not worth the effort probably in this case.

he it's only like $40 or so dollars to ship a $4 hotdog, totally worth that right?

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

DragonReach posted:

he it's only like $40 or so dollars to ship a $4 hotdog, totally worth that right?

Oh yeah, I figure that's a pretty good use of startup money for a risky business.

Also can someone further south than me tell me what in the name of god "beef cub water" is? Like weak beef stock?

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

SoundMonkey posted:

Oh yeah, I figure that's a pretty good use of startup money for a risky business.

Also can someone further south than me tell me what in the name of god "beef cub water" is? Like weak beef stock?

Probably beef cube water, or bouillon.

DragonReach Ghost
Sep 16, 2002

SoundMonkey posted:

I have lived in Alabama and Texas all my life and never heard that at all. Wonder if they meant beef cube water, as in bouillon cube.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

DragonReach posted:

I have lived in Alabama and Texas all my life and never heard that at all. Wonder if they meant beef cube water, as in bouillon cube.

Ah yeah, that makes more sense, although I'll likely be using stock paste.

(I've worked out with Wayne that I'll be attempting to re-create his dogs at my house once I get a chance to go shopping, so if the media comes knocking on his door, as they're likely to, he has some really excellent photographs to show off his food. I've gotten extremely detailed instructions on how to make a Memphis-style BBQ dog.)

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

SoundMonkey posted:

Ah yeah, that makes more sense, although I'll likely be using stock paste.

(I've worked out with Wayne that I'll be attempting to re-create his dogs at my house once I get a chance to go shopping, so if the media comes knocking on his door, as they're likely to, he has some really excellent photographs to show off his food. I've gotten extremely detailed instructions on how to make a Memphis-style BBQ dog.)

Open a competing dog place across the street from his, using his recipe

100Dachshunds
Oct 11, 2009

GOCHARMSPRINGS

SoundMonkey posted:

The plaque was Wayne's idea, we're trying to make it easier for him so he doesn't have to spend a lot of his own money on recognition, which honestly is something that Wayne's more interested than the thread is.

Long story short, shut up.

Unless you've been here for the whole ride, half of this has been trying to talk dogman OUT of all the recognition he wants to give, because it would either dominate his restaurant or put him in the poorhouse. We've actively tried NOT to influence this guy's business as much as possible, all of the recognition that's being talked about was his idea (except the map, we thought of that because maybe it would be cheaper and easier for him to do than a plaque).

ACTUAL TOPICAL EDIT: Wayne has contacted me and asked me who made the "Home of the Frog Dog" image, as he says he would like to use it in promotional material. Could someone either link me to his profile or have the dude PM me so I can put him in touch to get that all sorted out?

Email sent. :D Tell Wayne I'd be happy to do any other little cartoon logos or whatnot for him as well, if he wants more.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

100Dachshunds posted:

Email sent. :D Tell Wayne I'd be happy to do any other little cartoon logos or whatnot for him as well, if he wants more.

Awesome.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I'm really curious about what the frog dog will actually be.

Extra relish?

Green ketchup?

Avocado?

Tuna salad with relish and wasabi mixed in?

Live frogs?

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

I'm really curious about what the frog dog will actually be.

Extra relish?

Green ketchup?

Avocado?

Tuna salad with relish and wasabi mixed in?

Live frogs?

Leavin' this up to the dogmaster himself I think. I suspect just a bunch of relish and maybe some mustard or something.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Why is ketchup bad on a hot dog?

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Hush, you heathen.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

I don't put ketchup on anything, but I'm curious as to why people say this as well

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Reasons. See meat in chilli, etc.

Gendo
Feb 25, 2001

His place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

100Dachshunds posted:

You're a good person. :)

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

It isn't.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

The best hot dog is the one with exactly what you want on it :colbert:

DragonReach Ghost
Sep 16, 2002

Frankfurters(hotdogs) are German, Catsup(ketchup) is English, the two do not get along.

Yeah I know Ketchup started in asia, but the Brits are the ones who made it this sweet, tomatoey thing.

Chaos341
Aug 13, 2010

DragonReach posted:

Frankfurters(hotdogs) are German, Catsup(ketchup) is English, the two do not get along.

Yeah I know Ketchup started in asia, but the Brits are the ones who made it this sweet, tomatoey thing.

That is the dumbest justification.

DragonReach Ghost
Sep 16, 2002

Chaos341 posted:

That is the dumbest justification.

yeah if I were serious it would be.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

SoundMonkey posted:

Reasons. See meat in chilli, etc.

Actually, it's beans in chili that will get you in trouble in most serious chili cooking competitions :colbert:

E:

DragonReach posted:

yeah if I were serious it would be.

Yeah, I don't know when this forum started taking the dumbest loving obvious jokes so literally :shrug:

Nnep
Jun 17, 2007

3-2 2-0
It's a Chicago thing, they're the hot dog capital and it's a big sin if you ask for ketchup. Traditions and such.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Ugh they can't have hotdogs and pizza

Gendo
Feb 25, 2001

His place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.
Put whatever you want on your hot dogs before you jam it into your disgusting noise hole.

Lolcano Eruption
Oct 29, 2007
Volcano of LOL.
I've always wondered this, but what is the difference between a frank, wiener, and a hot dog?

Pennypunch
Jun 19, 2013

I've drawn you a bath.
I really can't wait to hear what combo Wayne comes up with for the frogdog. Doesn't need to be overly complicated to be interesting and unique to Doobie's.

Van Kraken
Feb 13, 2012

Gendo posted:

Put whatever you want on your hot dogs before you jam it into your disgusting noise hole.

New Doobie's Doghouse slogan found.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Lolcano Eruption posted:

I've always wondered this, but what is the difference between a frank, wiener, and a hot dog?

They refer to different types of sausages, basically. Frank is short for frankfurter, a type of sausage made in Frankfurt, Germany. Wiener refers to Vienna, and the sausages they made there. Hot dog seems to have originated with a type of sausage referred to as a dachshund. Cooking them made them "hot dogs." It is now more or less a generic term for any sausage that is of similar shape.

Other similar types of sausage are knackwurst, bratwurst, kielbasa (Polish sausage), and probably a few others I can't think of right off. Basically, sausage making was an art in Europe, and every town had it's own specialty. Hence, there's a thousand different varieties that look rather similar.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
And all of them taste good with mayonnaise

E: especially bratwurst

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The italian beef sandwich on the other hand is distinctly American invention.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I've never heard of this sandwich :stare:

I wonder if we just call it something different here

E: Hmm, nope. I guess I've just never heard of it :shrug:

Captainsalami
Apr 16, 2010

I told you you'd pay!
Home-made mayo or english mayo. American jarred poo poo is good for nothing but cold salads and the occasional burger.

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

SoundMonkey posted:

The best hot dog is the one with exactly what you want on it :colbert:

This is how food works in the south.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I make my own to save money since food is wicked expensive where I live, I "make" my own horse radish topping too

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

Conquistador posted:

And all of them taste good with mayonnaise

E: especially bratwurst

You are a literal monster. Bratwurst should be eaten with mustard or curry ketchup.

If you want mayo to go along with that, put it on your fries. Also, put some ketchup on there as a well, so it's red and white and delicious.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
You are so loving gross

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Hotsperge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.
Having only recently discovered it, I've found that Yum Yum Sauce tastes good on hot dogs. But it also tastes good on pretty much anything I've tried it on, so it's probably cheating.

• Locked thread