Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Parts Kit posted:

If he needs someone to do some photo work in the future I'm a part time pro that currently doesn't have much work. It'd be a bit of a drive for me since I'm further north but I think I could do it pro-bono without a problem provided the crap day job can get over not having me for an extra day one week. Location and portraiture are more my thing, but I can swing some basic product photos too.

PM me so I don't forget about you. Do you post in Dorkroom?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

SoundMonkey posted:

PM me so I don't forget about you. Do you post in Dorkroom?
Will do. No, I don't.

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

I'm definitely curious to see what he comes up with for the frogdog. I decided to try my own version tonight for dinner, which was a grilled hot dog split in half with a dill pickle spear inserted into the gap, then topped with mustard, relish and coleslaw. No pictures but it was drat tasty and I look forward to seeing what the dogmaster will do.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

Machai posted:

Okay, made him happier and more awake.

(click for SVG)

Hahahaha I missed this somehow so thanks for that megapost Bad Munki. This freakin' owns.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Even people who live in Alabama ain't never heard of a place called "Reform". It exists, obviously. I still vote commemorative plague. Ya heard?

Apathetic Panda
Nov 14, 2005

This is how we roll.
Put in ten dollars. Always happy to help a goon cause.

OwlBot 2000
Jun 1, 2009
Sorry if I missed it, but what toppings go on a Frog Dog? Just green stuff like relish and peppers?

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

I.C. posted:

I still vote commemorative plague.

Sounds like that could cost his business.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

OwlBot 2000 posted:

Sorry if I missed it, but what toppings go on a Frog Dog? Just green stuff like relish and peppers?

We'll let dogman decide that. Were it me, I'd split the dog down the middle, blast it with mustard, then top it with a whole shitload of relish.

EDIT: That's what I'm making as a Frog Dog tomorrow, at least. Regular dog, cut it down the middle, apply mustard, top the whole thing in relish.

SoundMonkey fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Sep 30, 2013

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I would imagine this for a FrogDog: that neon-green relish in Chicago-style dogs, spicy brown mustard, cilantro-sprinkled slaw, diced fresh jalapenos.

I'm sure Wayne will beat this, though.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

jerichojx posted:

A businessman, a cook, a husband, a father, a recent GED graduate and now a painter.

Truly, a renaissance man.

Next he is going to tell us he is secretly Iron Man.

Don't forget gnarly guitar player.

https://vimeo.com/75742728

Also that's probably one of his paintings in the background.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Tears In A Vial posted:

Don't forget gnarly guitar player.

https://vimeo.com/75742728

Also that's probably one of his paintings in the background.

:aaa:

If that's really him (and not the guitar player of the same name), holy poo poo, I wish i had the talents this guy does.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

SoundMonkey posted:

:aaa:

If that's really him (and not the guitar player of the same name), holy poo poo, I wish i had the talents this guy does.

I rehosted it from a facebook account linked with Doobies when I was being nosey.

Little Abigail
Jul 21, 2011

College Slice
Threw :10bux: at him.

Shine on you crazy Diamond.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Can you eat frog legs whole? Or like a drumstick, eating the meat around the bone?

For the frog dog, I'm wondering if you could ditch the hot dog entirely and go with a deep fried frog leg. Or perhaps bacon wrapped? Or the frog leg can treated like bacon on a hotdog.

I've never eaten them, but I know they are a item across the south. Perhaps he can buy them de-boned if needed. I really don't know, but you can never go wrong with a crispy piece of meat served a bread.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Can you eat frog legs whole? Or like a drumstick, eating the meat around the bone?

For the frog dog, I'm wondering if you could ditch the hot dog entirely and go with a deep fried frog leg. Or perhaps bacon wrapped?

I've never eaten them, but I know they are a item across the south. Perhaps he can buy them de-boned if needed. I really don't know, but you can never go wrong with a crispy piece of meat served a bread.

I'd rather dudebuddy just make whatever kind of dogs his customers want to eat.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

SoundMonkey posted:

I definitely agree. Just a little brainstorming, is all.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

SoundMonkey posted:

Brainstorming, will not pass this on... my idea for the Frog Dog: turkey wiener, for the Jewish and Islamic customers. flame grilled, on a bed of relish, topped with spicy mustard.

este
Feb 17, 2004

Boing!
Dinosaur Gum
It's Reform, Alabama. The cola onions are probably exotic enough.

^^^^^ That sounds pretty decent actually

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

este posted:

It's Reform, Alabama. The cola onions are probably exotic enough.

^^^^^ That sounds pretty decent actually

My wife suggests a bed of coleslaw with a topping of relish. This sounds like a good thing that I would put into my face-hole.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

For the frog dog, I'm wondering if you could ditch the hot dog entirely and go with a deep fried frog leg. Or perhaps bacon wrapped? Or the frog leg can treated like bacon on a hotdog.

The only frog legs I know are deep fried and bone-in. If he wanted to use real frog meat, though, he could probably shred it and sprinkle it as a topping.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I like the 2 dogs in 1 bun for the frog dog :frogbon:

Tasmantor
Aug 13, 2007
Horrid abomination
Can we find out how much it would cost to have the names painted on the walls like a wall paper? It could look cool be cheaper (than a plaque) and give a local painter some work too.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Tasmantor posted:

Can we find out how much it would cost to have the names painted on the walls like a wall paper? It could look cool be cheaper (than a plaque) and give a local painter some work too.

A lot. A semi-anonymous plaque is much cheaper.

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Does he really need to do a plaque? Just knowing a doobie dude is doing well is good enough for me.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

concerned mom posted:

Does he really need to do a plaque? Just knowing a doobie dude is doing well is good enough for me.

You're always so concerned about this stuff, Momma Robinson.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

My FrogDog take is pretty simple, just taking advantage of the fact that you can still buy green ketchup around here, but it suits my tastes.

Patrovsky
May 8, 2007
whatever is fine

It's only tangentially related to a plaque/map, but something like a guest book would be a fun idea for those that do decide to travel three thousand miles for a hot dog.

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

I'm going to have to drive out to this place when I go home for Christmas, aren't I.

(Yes, I am)

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Jst0rm posted:

I like the 2 dogs in 1 bun for the frog dog :frogbon:

:laffo:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Rinseh
Jul 25, 2011

Do I have to do everything, he asked intending to be facetious?
I can't believe no one has suggested a hot dog split in 4 til halfway down with the green relish inside the split end.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
Made chilli cheese dogs on Friday in celebration of Doubling the pledge target.

Genuine german bockwurst (we don't get 100% Alabama here, unfortunately), Chilli under the dog, grated mature English cheddar and caramelised shallots (scallions in the US?). They were loving delicious.

My girlfriend nearly cried when I told her the full story and why we were having them.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

ReelBigLizard posted:

Made chilli cheese dogs on Friday in celebration of Doubling the pledge target.

Genuine german bockwurst (we don't get 100% Alabama here, unfortunately), Chilli under the dog, grated mature English cheddar and caramelised shallots (scallions in the US?). They were loving delicious.

My girlfriend nearly cried when I told her the full story and why we were having them.

Now there's a thought for the Frog Dog - just a regular dog but with a German sausage. Why? Because we're foreign and we're the Wurst!

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Jedit posted:

Now there's a thought for the Frog Dog - just a regular dog but with a German sausage. Why? Because we're foreign and we're the Wurst!

Maybe it should be a Fogdog - obviously served under a cloche full of dry ice a la Heston Blumenthal.

Teenagers
Sep 5, 2007

hail satan
Man, this will get me in trouble, but I used the cash my girlfriend gave me so I could pick up her insulin, and donated to this most worthy cause. Is there room on the FrogDog train for one more? Let's hope that I find more cash before my girlfriend 'croaks' haha ;)

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Post count -8000, nice try though.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Doobie should spend all the money on a machine that will turn actual frogs in to hot dogs.

Tuckiozi
Jun 17, 2012
Chipped in :10bux: for optimum hot dogs.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

ReelBigLizard posted:

The little red onions? Nope, they're shallots here too. Scallions are green onions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:
I dont know why you are all against a plaque. The names can be engraved very small and they arent very expensive in the digital age. And didnt someone offer to make it anyway? I know I would ask them about a list of names and not a map that might just be decoration...

SEKCobra fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Sep 30, 2013

• Locked thread