Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oz
Sep 10, 2003

Minion Of Relin

I was surprised when after watching the premier on Monday, there was no Season 6 Castle thread. I talked to DivisionPost and he gave me the go-ahead to create this year's thread. It's layout is shamelessly stolen from last year, except shittier because I'm terrible at image manipulation.

As for my thoughts on this weeks episode, I'll spoiler it as a courtesy for anyone who hasn't seen it yet. I'm thrilled that she said yes to the proposal and was surprised she took the FBI position, as it would mean a change in formula for the series. The two month jump threw me for a loop, but I can understand why it was needed. I'm loving Lisa Edelstein as Kate's new partner and am curious how they will continue to let Castle be part of the fun. I'm assuming some sort of agreement will arise after this bio-terrorism plot is wrapped up.

Your thoughts?

Oz fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Sep 26, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Old Clarice
Mar 5, 2007

Lefou, I'm afraid I've been eating... you.
It drives me crazy when shows can't get basic DC details correct. They did enough research to know that 20 & P is near DuPont Circle, but somehow didn't think twice about making Rosemont be a well known area. Ugh. Also Union Station is not that close to DuPont.

And that ending was terrible.

Crazy Old Clarice fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Sep 26, 2013

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
It was alright, I mean they stuck with the getting married plotline at the end of the last season and committed to the DC job (was it FBI? I thought it was working for the AG's office or something). Other than that, I dunno, I feel like they'll plop her back into the NYPD after the two-parter ends "because Castle", and also "because Castle (the show)."

Hopefully with none of the Beckett blaming Castle for ruining her career drama or anything (banter is fine I guess).

Unless Ryan and Esposito somehow end up moving up to federal-level investigators.

Oz
Sep 10, 2003

Minion Of Relin

Sober posted:

It was alright, I mean they stuck with the getting married plotline at the end of the last season and committed to the DC job (was it FBI? I thought it was working for the AG's office or something). Other than that, I dunno, I feel like they'll plop her back into the NYPD after the two-parter ends "because Castle", and also "because Castle (the show)."

Hopefully with none of the Beckett blaming Castle for ruining her career drama or anything (banter is fine I guess).

Unless Ryan and Esposito somehow end up moving up to federal-level investigators.

I could've sworn it was FBI, but now I'm not sure. Also, apparently this is going to be a 3-episode arc.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
I think/hope that the show gets back to NYC soon. Beckett doesn't seem terribly happy in the new job, but she had to at least try it out or she'd be wondering and second-guessing and that would damage the Caskett relationship. Speaking of which, I was relieved that she answered the proposal question right off and no dilly-dallying around for seven episodes.

Anyway, never mind the DC stuff, let's get to important matters - who will be best man at the wedding: Ryan or Esposito? Will Spy Daddy show up to see his boy get married? Will Castle and Beckett have to help deliver Jenny's baby when it arrives early? Will Esposito be the worst babysitter ever? Will they do a karaoke/musical episode? (I'd settle for a Ren Faire episode where they have to solve the murder of the Leather Mug Salesguy.) When will Senator Evil and 3XK show up again?

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Why is Castles name so long? :stare:

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
Here's the thread I've been waiting for! I already whined about the premiere's ending over at the Couch so I'll be brief. These 'A Very Special Castle' never fail to annoy me simply because they don't mean anything. Here's how two scenes from this episode played out:

Cuddy - Beckett, get your goofy-rear end fiancé out of here before he slips on a banana peel and breaks his neck.
----------------------------------------
FBI boss - (scene takes place after military guy dies at the wheel) - I'll keep you here in a guilty until proven innocent type of thing because I suspect you're involved in whatever the hell is happening.

Now, taking the previous Special Episodes into consideration, here's what should have happened:

Castle - Hi, I'm Beckett's fiancé, Richard 'Defuser of Nuclear Bombs' Castle.
Cuddy - ...dump whatsername and marry me :swoon:
----------------------------------------
FBI boss - Who're you?
Castle - Hi, I'm Richard 'Preventer of World Wars' Castle.
FBI boss - ...dump whatsername and marry me I... uh... Come into my office, please, I'd love to have your input on this case. I... I mean, if you're not too busy, sir.

Anyway, Castle's gonna die in less than 24 hours, so that sucks. He's as good as dead, you know. Yep :geno:

OptimusWang
Jul 9, 2007

LOL that ending was terrible. Still, good to have Castle back.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

PaganGoatPants posted:

Why is Castles name so long? :stare:

She combined his real name and his pen name.

Richard Alexander Rogers is his real name.

Richard Edgar Castle is his pen name.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Oz posted:

I could've sworn it was FBI, but now I'm not sure. Also, apparently this is going to be a 3-episode arc.

It was the US Attorney General's Special Agents. I think basically these guys:

http://www.justice.gov/oig/

Oz
Sep 10, 2003

Minion Of Relin

Azhais posted:

It was the US Attorney General's Special Agents. I think basically these guys:

http://www.justice.gov/oig/

Well now I feel like a silly billy.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I was kinda tempted to just turn it off after she said yes and think to myself "And they lived happily ever after!" But I guess I'll keep watching for a while. Last season had a few really good episodes, but I feel like in general I'm getting kinda tired of the show.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I still enjoy the show quite a bit, so I'm in it for the long run.

Baron FU
Apr 3, 2009

Regy Rusty posted:

I was kinda tempted to just turn it off after she said yes and think to myself "And they lived happily ever after!" But I guess I'll keep watching for a while. Last season had a few really good episodes, but I feel like in general I'm getting kinda tired of the show.

I was watching the first 4 seasons a couple of months ago and actually thought that season 4 was the last season for some reason. I was perfectly happy with the show ending at the season 4 finale, hell it was one of the most emotional show endings I had ever seen.

But then I found out there were more seasons a couple of days later.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Regy Rusty posted:

If you skip all the "excuse us while we are dead serious" episodes then you're all good. Hopefully they don't have more than 4 or 5 like they usually do each season.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I'll never understand the episodes of any show, especially at the beginning of the season, that are "the title character will be dying in less than 24 hours unless this highly improbably thing happens." It's going to happen. It just is.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Because you have people like my mom who call me and say "Did you watch Castle, do you think they will kill him off?!? What if they do!!!!"

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

I really hate that I have to endure serious episodes of Castle every year. Thank goodness when they don't have to the run of the mill stuff is generally fantastic.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Hijinks Ensue posted:

Anyway, never mind the DC stuff, let's get to important matters - who will be best man at the wedding: Ryan or Esposito?

Castle's mother.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Soylentbits posted:

Castle's mother.

Or Captain Gates.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Alexis shall be Best Man.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

PaganGoatPants posted:

Alexis shall be Best Man.

I'm okay with this. Anyway it would probably be in Castle's best interest to not have his traditional bachelor party and Alexis would certainly curtail that.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Soylentbits posted:

I'm okay with this. Anyway it would probably be in Castle's best interest to not have his traditional bachelor party and Alexis would certainly curtail that.

Ryan and Esposito throwing a Bachleor Party would make for an amazing episode premise.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
I want to see Ryan and Esposito do increasingly outlandish fighting for who gets to be best man, only to have Castle and Beckett get so annoyed with it all that they elope.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
I just want the FBI to hire Castle. There is literally no good reason why they wouldn't.
And if this show goes back to NY, I'm going to cry.

GreenNight posted:

Because you have people like my mom who call me and say "Did you watch Castle, do you think they will kill him off?!? What if they do!!!!"

Does your mom still believe in Santa Claus?

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
They'd have to cut out 4 characters if it didn't go back to NYC.

Oroborus
Jul 6, 2004
Here we go again

PaganGoatPants posted:

They'd have to cut out 4 characters if it didn't go back to NYC.

What if they became the NY field office of the FBI and used the police stations resources?

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Oz posted:

Your thoughts?

My thoughts are: Castle's back and there was no thread? Seriously TV IV is how I know shows came back on so yeah. Thanks for posting!

chesh
Apr 19, 2004

That was terrible.

Oz posted:

I was surprised when after watching the premier on Monday, there was no Season 6 Castle thread. I talked to DivisionPost and he gave me the go-ahead to create this year's thread. It's layout is shamelessly stolen from last year, except shittier because I'm terrible at image manipulation.

I was also surprised! And sad. But I am very busy and also web lazy. So thank you!

Episode was awesome until that ending for which there is absolutely no tension. Also Alexis' hippy boyfriend - I'm surprised he lasted the entire episode.

I have Deadly Heat but I'm so busy lately I'm only like 4 pages in to it.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!
I thought it was one of the better serious episodes. Welcome back Castle!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Oroborus posted:

What if they became the NY field office of the FBI and used the police stations resources?

Beckett does so well, she gets an office in NYC and is allowed to choose her own field team. Having the team of Beckett/Castle/Ryan/Esposito finally unleashed would be the best thing ever.

the JJ
Mar 31, 2011
I liked the way they started with that re-cap of how super serious the proposal was and then let them have a more real moment of confusion and banter and poo poo. Reset the tone and gave me hope that they'd be able to handle that. Episodes plot is ehhhh (as with all 'serious' episodes) but the banter and surrounding accoutrement were back in the swing.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007

the JJ posted:

confusion and banter and poo poo

If they move everything back to NYC (which I strongly suspect they will) I vote for the above as the new thread title.

The most important thing for me is to get the team back together. Beckett's a lot like Brienne in the ASOIAF books in that she's only interesting when she has the right characters to interact with. On her own with a bunch of uptight DC folks, she's no fun.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
:canada: Castle has moved to Sundays @ 9PM on CTV in Canada, so we'll be getting tomorrow's episode today.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

:canada: Castle has moved to Sundays @ 9PM on CTV in Canada, so we'll be getting tomorrow's episode today.

I was wondering what was up with that. Yay Canada.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Interesting. :filez:

Caros
May 14, 2008

I don't think it counts as filez when I live in Saskatoon.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
Great, that means I have to avoid Tumblr like the plague for two nights instead of one. :rolleyes:

Mrfreezewarning
Feb 2, 2010

All these goddamn books need more descriptions of boobies in them!
I want to nominate Pi for "most annoying hippy character in tv history". I cannot think of a character that is a worse match for the show, or a worse representation of the whole vegan hipster lifestyle bullshit. I mean papaya steak? Is that even a real thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Mr.Drf posted:

I want to nominate Pi for "most annoying hippy character in tv history". I cannot think of a character that is a worse match for the show, or a worse representation of the whole vegan hipster lifestyle bullshit. I mean papaya steak? Is that even a real thing?

He's a fruitarian!

• Locked thread