Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deathwind
Mar 3, 2013

If it's only logical to you in hindsight you are not thinking enough like a spy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deathwind
Mar 3, 2013

ok, dumb question, what spy would head out on a mission like this without testing his equipment at headquarters?

Deathwind
Mar 3, 2013

davidspackage posted:

The part where you use the broken camera in lieu of binoculars is pretty characteristic of this game. It's crafty as heck. No wonder I could never get very far in the game.

I've got to agree with this, it's a logical use for the broken camera that would easily come to mind when desperately trying to see the keypad. Then again I grew up on Sierra's brand of moon logic...

Deathwind
Mar 3, 2013

Xander77 posted:

There's also one in Casan' and a factory in Moscow. It's only a joke for people looking on (from the outside or backwards). The sort of name that actual Soviet people would find bathetic would be something along the lines of Oyushminald. (And if someone can place that reference, I will in absolute awe)

Do you mean Otto Yulyevich Shmidt?

Deathwind
Mar 3, 2013

I'll be honest, I googled it.

That said he is an interesting historical figure.

Deathwind
Mar 3, 2013

http://www-history.mcs.st-and.ac.uk/Biographies/Schmidt_Otto.html

He recieved three Orders of Lenin, two Orders of Red Banner, an Order of Red Star and several other medals.

Deathwind
Mar 3, 2013

I cheated and googled it, there's no reason I should get anything.

Deathwind
Mar 3, 2013

I'm surprised they didn't make you muffle the shatter with the bedspread.

Deathwind
Mar 3, 2013

I get the feeling that someone isn't what they say they are.

Deathwind
Mar 3, 2013

Sodium thiopental (the generic name for sodium pentothal) never really worked as a truth serum any better than alcohol, in fact you are more likely to get accurate information from a drunk. That said the lethality of it isn't in doubt, it was a common drug used for executions until the EU stopped exporting it.

Deathwind
Mar 3, 2013

Ratoslov posted:

How on earth is anyone supposed to hold all this poo poo in their head at once? :psyduck:

There is more to come, by time this game is over the chart will resemble one for 'Gravity's Rainbow'.

Deathwind
Mar 3, 2013

Elite posted:

I also look forward to introducing a "Mind Control" connection from the professor.

Don't expect to use it a lot, his experiments are only just now reaching a useable form.

Deathwind
Mar 3, 2013

Chapter 4 is longer than 3 but shorter than 2

Deathwind
Mar 3, 2013

[REDACTED]

There are a lot of questions.

Deathwind fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Jul 31, 2014

Deathwind
Mar 3, 2013

Adventure games only really started devolving into rubbing you inventory on everything when interfaces started removing verbs, before that there were normally too many options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deathwind
Mar 3, 2013

paragon1 posted:

I find it funny that a department meant to investigate KGB corruption (or am I misremembering that?) ended up mostly dead in a botched coup against the government, mostly at their own hands.

Sounds to me like they did a great job of finding corruption.

• Locked thread