Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Coolguye posted:

The number of 'hey, you didn't read my mind properly' game overs in this game continues to stun me.

That's the way adventure games operate. Since you can beat the game without effort every time once you've made it the first time (unless arcade sequences get involved, but they're usually terrible for entirely different reasons), replay value for these games is a big fat zero.

Henceforth, developers had to pull out every trick in the book to extend gameplay length to give the consumer his money's worth, so to speak. And then we get "find the train of logic that only stops for a minute each day during rush hour at Grand Central Terminal" gameplay. Some are worse than others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

Xander77 posted:

Do you mean "you're not funny!", or is that the actual translation?

"Un-comical" is quite rough, and I'm not even sure that's a word. "You're not funny" would probably be the smoother variant.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

So, is getting laid and shitfaced the proper way to proceed, or is it simply an optional thing you can do?

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

Dreggon posted:

Unless he was lying about that :tinfoil:

So basically, he had a poison ready to kill our hero, but after he got it injected into himself first, he was thinking quick enough to end up with a story about it being a truth serum and using that to instill false information on Rukov (and the player)? drat, that's hardcore.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

bunnyofdoom posted:

If that's the case why not just shoot him anyways? Why the pantomime?

Because the KGB clearly works in mysterious ways. Alternatively, because this is an adventure game, and that kind of dick move would be right up their alley.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

It would probably be easier to just use CTRL-F5 in DOSBox to directly capture screenshots from there - when something offers a direct image capture option, using it is usually the road to best image quality. I did that, then resized to an overblown degree to potentially drag out any faults, and it looks pretty good:

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

Are you resizing with Resample activated in IrfanView? You should probably disable that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

I'd say it's optimal. Captured by source, integer resize, no filtering. Perfect.

• Locked thread