Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

I believe it was the great American painter Bob Ross who said, "The key to a swollen vagina is... courage."
His family seemed pretty loving and happy with him, as a whole. I don’t think that it’s that they “barely tolerate his presence” I think it’s more that he’s been not working for five years and didn’t have a lot going on (other than medical treatment) which means that he focused all his attention on THEM. Now that he’s going back to work he has his time filled with something else and it gives them a break, so to speak. Years ago I had a boyfriend I loved very much but when he was out of work for a period of a few months it got a little overwhelming because he was always THERE and when I would get home it was like floodgates opened and he had all this stored up energy to unleash and words to say and omg can I please just have a minute?

As a whole, I found the family dynamic pretty realistic and positive. He seems to have a good relationship with his wife. She is not a harpy, nagging shrew nor is she a perfect stepford wife. The kids are well adjusted, if privileged and lacking self awareness like most teenagers do. The youngest doesn’t seem overly precocious. The sister is the weakest part for me. I don’t think she really contributes much and you could have eliminated her entirely without the story suffering much (minus the fake kid plot line.) But it was just the first two episodes so maybe they will give her more (constructive) contributions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

I believe it was the great American painter Bob Ross who said, "The key to a swollen vagina is... courage."
Sometimes that happens in a family. Everyone is on a different wave length and has their own lives.

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

Every hotel I've stayed at required some form of plastic to get a room for any potential damages or mini bar charges, etc. I have no idea if they had a card or were trying to use it because I dont remember that far back but there you go.

Also, yes. This is a comedy television show, not a documentary. Its plausible even in real life people wouldn't want to rent a hotel room to two teenagers.

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

Yeah, I LOVE MJFox but every scene with Leigh just drags me down. You're a grown loving woman! Buy your own couch!

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

I watch it almost exclusively because of MJF. The sister drives me up the wall but I love Mikey! I'll watch nearly everything hes on. I do tend to watch it a few days later before bed or whatnot, so its not exactly appointment tv.

• Locked thread