Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Speed Crazy
Nov 7, 2011
Restaurant Wars this week! It seems like it's happening a lot earlier this season. Here's hoping this season goes better than the last. Everything from Stefan being a dickhead to Josie also being a dickhead made it so painful to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Wasn't that also the episode where Kristen got eliminated?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
yes. gently caress JOSIE.

brendaneph
Apr 14, 2003

Poque posted:

yes. gently caress JOSIE.

What was the motivation to bring her back last season? She was a lovely contestant in the shittiest season. Was it that everyone they picked for last season was so laid back that they needed to bring in a guaranteed heel?

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

Speed Crazy posted:

Restaurant Wars this week! It seems like it's happening a lot earlier this season. Here's hoping this season goes better than the last. Everything from Stefan being a dickhead to Josie also being a dickhead made it so painful to watch.

Restaurant Wars has always been with 10 or 8 left, its the same as ever.

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."

brendaneph posted:

What was the motivation to bring her back last season? She was a lovely contestant in the shittiest season.

They needed old contestants and she said yes. Which isn't always assured. They asked Kevin from season 6 for one of the all star spots once and he couldn't make the time for it.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Yiggy posted:

They needed old contestants and she said yes. Which isn't always assured. They asked Kevin from season 6 for one of the all star spots once and he couldn't make the time for it.

Which makes you wonder how many they had to go through before they got to her. I really can't imagine that she'd be near the top of anyone's "would like to see again" list.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Honestly, I remember liking Josie during S2 and feeling sorry for her since A) she seemed nice in a season full of douchelords and B) she was attacked outside of a bar after it was over. But now it seems like she wasn't around long enough in S2 to show her true obnoxious attitude so it's quite possible she was terrible behind the seasons in S2 and there was no reason to edit that in.

It's not like S2 needed any more villains as it was, Christ.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Athenry posted:

Which makes you wonder how many they had to go through before they got to her. I really can't imagine that she'd be near the top of anyone's "would like to see again" list.

If only they'd brought back Nyesha. She found time to do Ilan's lovely competition show.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Captain Front of House!

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Jesus, green doesn't have a menu and is worried about plates. They're going to crash and burn.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
:haw: I can cook with mangos in my sleep! :haw:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I wonder if any of these Chase Sapphire Preferred Diners drove their Toyota Rav4's from Whole Foods Market to be there tonight.

E: holy gently caress the green team is a goddamn abortion

Truther Vandross fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Dec 5, 2013

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

I made fun of Justin for panicking about the wrong bowl shape, but apparently I was wrong, and he will be going home for it apparently.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

jscolon2.0 posted:

I made fun of Justin for panicking about the wrong bowl shape, but apparently I was wrong, and he will be going home for it apparently.

Well Sara is trying everything humanly possible to save him

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

sportsgenius86 posted:

Well Sara is trying everything humanly possible to save him

Maybe the judges will say gently caress it, and spontaneously declare a double elimination.

edit: Richard Blais getting a new show and he's just hosting and it's from the producers of Chopped. gently caress THIS.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

"Frankly, I don't recognize the disaster"

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

jscolon2.0 posted:

Maybe the judges will say gently caress it, and spontaneously declare a double elimination.

edit: Richard Blais getting a new show and he's just hosting and it's from the producers of Chopped. gently caress THIS.

They both screwed it up pretty much.

Although Sara denying problems is a good way to go home.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
God I hate Justin

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

"I gave you a verbal fire"

"I don't even know what that is"

:laffo:

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Wow, Sara copping an attitude. Justin should be sending her a thank you present, right now.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
Brutal judges table.

Edit: ha they are still fighting, about who sucked more.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

How could you send anyone but Sara home at this point?

E: yes. Get hosed Betty Rubble: Airport Chef

Truther Vandross fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Dec 5, 2013

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

So we're agreed from that preview that Nicholas is totally safe, right?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Not disappointed to see Sara go, she was in over her head at this point. but I'm so tired of Justin at this point I couldn't help but hope he went ahead of her just to see his head explode.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Anyone got an LCK spoiler for me? Don't feel like watching.

in spoiler bars, of course

NyaoMyao
Mar 29, 2010

Super High School Level BFFs

Poque posted:

Anyone got an LCK spoiler for me? Don't feel like watching.

in spoiler bars, of course

The theme was make a savory mascarpone dish in 30 minutes, 10 minutes of which were in a blindfold and leading another chef. The winner was Louis with mascarpone poached snapper.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Thanks!

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

sportsgenius86 posted:

Betty Rubble: Airport Chef

This is a series of internet shorts that needs to be made.

Episode one: she saves America from TSA with food poisoning. Young mothers now get to bring liquid milk on the plane.

Episode two: Yoga pixies on a layover between New York and Los Angeles order the paleo diet, and get served raw beef still packaged in the foam thingy from the supermarket. They eat it anyway.

Episode three: Barney makes a guest appearance and gets drunk on sake after bowling. He then flies Betty home in a run-as-fast-as-you-can-on-the-ground-first Cessna.

NOTinuyasha
Oct 17, 2006

The Great Twist
In a way Justin's lovely attitude probably helped because it disqualified him from any sort of cruel twist of fate sort of decision (like Kristin vs. Josie... ugh), sending him home would've just been a mild injustice.

antisocial
May 26, 2004

Only pretending to be the world's worst poster!
Keep it on the down low (down low)
Nobody has to know...
Just got caught up with this episode.

Both Sara and Justin pretty much deserved to go home here but I think Sara did deserve it a little more. Sara really hosed up with the front of the house. The training of the staff and loving up of the ticketing system seemed sink a kitchen that was already in some disarray. Buuuut even if you discount that she completely failed in the hospitality aspect. The lovely service Meyer received and the fact that she didn't explain any of the dishes is pretty inexcusable. How do you not explain dishes as you serve them? This is a staple in the fine dining experience. My favorite bit was the look Nina gave when it came out that she didn't explain any of the dishes (without being asked) except her own. If it was a more cunning contestant, I'd consider that it was an attempt at sabotage, but seeing her attitude, I'm sure it was more Sara not giving a poo poo about anything except her own dish.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
Big smile, baby doll.

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

Big Pimpin, Spending the G's
I like Justin a little less than I did before, but I'll still take him over Sara any day. I'm just tired of her.

Travis has grown on me and that's ok. He was pretty baller as front of the house.

Also 6 of my 7 initial top picks are still in. woo.

DarkLich
Feb 19, 2004
I was reminded of it at the previous episode recap, but I really loved the Carlos "GOOOOOAL!" thing for his challenge victory. While it may seem like a hispanic stereotype, it actually seemed to match his personality.

Also, you can put me in the club that now thinks less of Justin. I know it's all editing, but I can't root for a guy with a short temper regardless of how talented he is. Plus it seemed to prompt the phrase "Leave the egos at the door" like 4 times this episode.

Nina, Carrie and Shirley are now my favorites. Brian would be too if he had a different hair cut.

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

I don't know man, if I had to deal with that FOH I probably would have flipped the gently caress out too...he seemed pretty composed, all things considered. But I guess that's not to say he was a pretty lovely exec. chef whose dish was the worst of the evening. I honestly thought Travis was going to win it. Best FOH since Fabio and a solid dish too.

Lurchington
Jan 2, 2003

Forums Dragoon
Justin's behavior this last week was sort of a continuation with his behavior from the previous week. He seemed quick to anger and took a lot of stuff personally. We joked at the beginning that he may be the second coming of Pork Jesus but Kevin's most enduring traits to me was his kindness, composure, and patience.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

zenguitarman posted:

I don't know man, if I had to deal with that FOH I probably would have flipped the gently caress out too...he seemed pretty composed, all things considered. But I guess that's not to say he was a pretty lovely exec. chef whose dish was the worst of the evening. I honestly thought Travis was going to win it. Best FOH since Fabio and a solid dish too.

It was a bit of a mutual thing. She royally hosed everything up by not training wait staff properly and being god awful on the floor, but he only ensured the situation stayed lovely by being a loudmouth prick and focusing on the problem over a solution. I think he realized it was too far gone at one point and just went all in to make her look as lovely as possible.

The verbal tickets thing was just loving hilarious though. How in god's name can you expect someone under that pressure to start filling tickets by memory. That's absolutely moronic.

antisocial
May 26, 2004

Only pretending to be the world's worst poster!
Keep it on the down low (down low)
Nobody has to know...

sportsgenius86 posted:

The verbal tickets thing was just loving hilarious though. How in god's name can you expect someone under that pressure to start filling tickets by memory. That's absolutely moronic.

To be fair the tickets for judges are always easy because it's like "Two of everything". This doesn't mean one should circumvent a system that's designed to organize when and where food is supposed to go, though.

Cavatica
Nov 2, 2010

antisocial posted:

To be fair the tickets for judges are always easy because it's like "Two of everything". This doesn't mean one should circumvent a system that's designed to organize when and where food is supposed to go, though.

But even then, it's all the more reason to do those tickets by the book, and just emphasize on the ticket "Judge table." Since the tables are numbered by the contestants, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Lurchington posted:

Justin's behavior this last week was sort of a continuation with his behavior from the previous week. He seemed quick to anger and took a lot of stuff personally. We joked at the beginning that he may be the second coming of Pork Jesus but Kevin's most enduring traits to me was his kindness, composure, and patience.

I would use the nickname Pork Antichrist if we hadn't already used it last year.

zenguitarman posted:

They said better than Fabio. I know. I'm confused too.

• Locked thread