Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Bret looks like a teenage Mario Lopez

also, predictions:
Winner: Aaron
Chef who is good who I want to punch in the face: Jason
Chef who sucks who sticks around too long: Sara
Chef who makes a variation of the same thing over and over again: Benedetto
Chef who gets overwhelmed a lot and cries: Carrie
Chef who goes home on their birthday: Nicholas
Chef who is dumb enough to do front of the house in restaurant wars: Carlos
WHY WOULD YOU VOLUNTEER FOR DESSERT: Louis

Truther Vandross fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Oct 1, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

How the hell did Patty not go home?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

physeter posted:

I would have chased him through the kitchen and crammed those peppers into his eye sockets. What a loving rear end in a top hat.

It didn't bother me. It feels like exactly what the judges would've said to do had something happened and the incident caused him to rush plating or miss deadline.

I mean, it's a plate with your loving name on it. That shouldn't happen to begin with

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I hate that Patty gets to stay when she basically just loving tore bread and chopped stuff.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I'm also on Justin's side here. Why, when virtually everyone else in the tight quarters was using some, would you not even ask? It was mostly just hubris on Travis' part than anything else.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I wonder if any of these Chase Sapphire Preferred Diners drove their Toyota Rav4's from Whole Foods Market to be there tonight.

E: holy gently caress the green team is a goddamn abortion

Truther Vandross fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Dec 5, 2013

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

jscolon2.0 posted:

I made fun of Justin for panicking about the wrong bowl shape, but apparently I was wrong, and he will be going home for it apparently.

Well Sara is trying everything humanly possible to save him

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

"Frankly, I don't recognize the disaster"

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

"I gave you a verbal fire"

"I don't even know what that is"

:laffo:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

How could you send anyone but Sara home at this point?

E: yes. Get hosed Betty Rubble: Airport Chef

Truther Vandross fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Dec 5, 2013

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

zenguitarman posted:

I don't know man, if I had to deal with that FOH I probably would have flipped the gently caress out too...he seemed pretty composed, all things considered. But I guess that's not to say he was a pretty lovely exec. chef whose dish was the worst of the evening. I honestly thought Travis was going to win it. Best FOH since Fabio and a solid dish too.

It was a bit of a mutual thing. She royally hosed everything up by not training wait staff properly and being god awful on the floor, but he only ensured the situation stayed lovely by being a loudmouth prick and focusing on the problem over a solution. I think he realized it was too far gone at one point and just went all in to make her look as lovely as possible.

The verbal tickets thing was just loving hilarious though. How in god's name can you expect someone under that pressure to start filling tickets by memory. That's absolutely moronic.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

JD Bucks 7 posted:

Carlos/Nicholas, whoever you side with, isn't there some unspoken rule that you do not take up an oven for warming plates. I get that if you insist on a piece of equipment, but it is being used to make someone else's dish, then you are SOL. But, plates?

I am not a fan of Nicholas, I thought his sob story about gnocchi was just that--a emotional plea for points, ignoring the cooking. "Hey food and wine magazine" (I know Dana was not at the judges table) here is a dish my child likes. She also likes Heinz ketchup sauce all over her fries, but hear me out...

(Including Nina, i am pretty sure if you ever get to serve Tom Collichio a dish, if you say gnocchi, you are 80% to a win.) Nicholas is passive aggressive and whiny. Brian can cook, but I do not like how he has been edited. Definitely a fan of Shirley. Still don't really like that Stephanie I-am-so-insecure-pity-me Cmar is on her second go round, when there are probably thousands of other qualified chefs that should have gotten her spot. I don't really like Carlos, but feel he got a poo poo edit last episode. He was noticeably upset about what the room threw at him during judges table. He took no pride in being there, because the room felt like he was trying to sabotage or what not. That made me like him more, but he doesn't have the skills to win it.

It's a loving contest show. If you need an oven, claim an oven. If he just decided to prep the fish and not say anything until he needed the oven, it's his fault for being stupid.

The son story thing is kind if a dumb thing to harp on since it was basically the theme of the challenge.

And saying "Stephanie is on her second go round" is slightly misleading considering she was eliminated in an unexpected soup quick fire before the show even really started.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Serrano is a loving rear end in a top hat who was making GBS threads all over that before a drop of it even touched his mouth. He can gently caress right off. And I don't even like Nicholas.

e: correction, not Pepin

Truther Vandross fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Jan 9, 2014

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

My bad on the Serrano-Pepin thing. I was most pissed off at Tom. Never in a million years would Tom or any other regular have asked Nicholas to fall on the sword but some other chef comes in with the balls to do it and Tom's just sitting there acting like he was in total agreement.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

http://www.bravotv.com/blogs/the-dish/theres-a-new-top-chef-coming-to-bravo?cid=tc_blog

quote:

Their knives are getting sharpened—again!

Bravo is thrilled to announce that a new edition of our Top Chef franchise is coming to the network. Top Chef Extreme (working title) will premiere this summer.

What can fans expect with the latest addition? The new head-to-head format pits Cheftestants from past seasons against on another in three rounds of extreme cultinary challenges. The winners of each of these battles will compete against one another in the season finale—a definitive battle royale of pure gastronomic talent and ambition. What's up for grabs, aside from the grand prize? Bragging rights for the title of Ultimate Top Chef.

Cheftestants for Top Chef Extreme will be announced shortly.

yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Nina is scaring the poo poo out of me with that machete

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Nick destroyed it. Good for him.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Man gently caress that guy who clearly made the best dish. What a load of poo poo that he moved on.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I think Tom's just one of those people who gets off on having an opinion different from the consensus as a way to make others question whether they're as smart as him.

My boss does poo poo like that. If it's an obvious choice, he'll go with everyone else but in any situation where it might be a toss up, he goes the opposite direction of everyone else just to be smug about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

It really is just Least Bottom Chef, but I'm fine with that. The rules are the rules and, for the most part, they've always been the rules. I think anyone could look at the whole season and say Nina was the best, because that was readily apparent, but Nicholas kicked everyone's rear end from the second they got to Hawaii.

He was a dickhead, sometimes justified and other times not so much, but he made the best food when it mattered and quite frankly it seemed to me like they had to pull every string possible just to make it less obvious how much better he was in Hawaii.

• Locked thread